Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The greatest feeling in the world!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frebis, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Recently my wife and I bought a car together. That also involved ridding ourselves of the piece of shit car she was driving. I walked out of the car lot high on life. Nothing could go wrong. I couldn't stop smiling and nothing could bring me down. Hell, it is four days later, and I'm still ecstatic. I really hated that other car. I've only felt this way four other times in my life-

1. The first time I went skiing out west
    2. When I got engaged
    3. When I got married
    4. When my wife disowned her family

I assume this is the feeling people get when they find God. I think it happens any time you reach a stepping stone that makes your life that much better.

Focus: What was the best feeling you have ever had and how did it come about?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Bump.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will add to that . . . blowjobs are great. But, the first time you get an eye-rolling beej after just having had standard ones? Now, THAT is a good feeling. I mean, I thought blowjobs were great in high school, but I didn't realize there were girls that could take it to the next level until around my junior year of college. Oh baby. Much better than getting a good deal on a car. And, I'm old. I've gotten some really good deals on cars.

4. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, as I said in the drunk thread, my first blow job. As to how it came about; I asked, she said yes, and after I finished my happy dance it was on.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes nothing like a good blow job.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Unless you're Nom, then theres nothing like a good a hand job...

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    When I got engaged.

When we broke up and I quit claimed over $1M in debt over to her. I walked away with my clothes, my 15 year old car, my parrot, and my guitar. And a big fucking grin.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First blow job was terrible. On the one hand it was cool because it was my first blow job. On the other she had no idea what she was doing and there was teeth everywhere. I guess a lot of you didn't get your first until you were in your 20s and she already had plenty of practice.

Focus:

- First time winning a state championship in wrestling.
    - Getting my first car.
    - Breaking up with someone I absolutely hated at that point.
    - Getting a job offer that finally meant I wasn't going to have to worry about money regularly again.
    - Selling my broken down piece of shit land rover. I'm not even kidding. Never get one.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not me. I was 16 and she was 15. She didn't use teeth - she wasn't great at it, that I would find out later, but she was willing and enthusiastic. Looking back, I think that was the only reason we dated for a year.

10. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Philip Roth said, "When you make love to a woman you get revenge for all the things that defeated you in life." I agree. The feeling of elation is somewhat foreign to me. Chronic sourpuss syndrome. Having sex with someone for the first time does not get old and hopefully, in the near future, I will be able to get laid for the second time. GO ME!

Going fast. I like speed, I like wind blowing my face off my skull. My buddy has a mini which he drives like a rally car and it's awesome taking a corner on two tires. Skydiving is on my list for this same reason. Typical victories don't resonate the same with me. I still dig crazy, stupid shit like a dumb kid. My last promotion wasn't "WOO, I GOT!" but "Finally, you fucking morons. Now where's my paycheck?"

11. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of the best feelings I've ever had was as I approached graduation from college. It was around April, and I was hanging out with a friend talking about what our plans were, and it struck me - the future was completely a blank slate. I had no idea at that point, and for the first time ever, where I would be in my life one year. I knew I was leaving my part time college job, and had nothing lined up at that point. I had no idea where I would be working, what I would be working at, or where I would be living. I had broken up with my fiancé, and was unattached, with no particular romantic interests, or even an idea of who I might be hitting on that weekend. My friends were all nailing down jobs and moving to all points of the country.

At that one unique point my life was total potentiality, unwritten and undefined. It was an amazing feeling.

12. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ejaculation.

13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think one of the greatest feelings in the world was when I was moving away from home for the first time. The second half of my senior year of high school until the start of my freshman year of college (at FSU) is a time that I look back on very fondly.

Also, when I found out that I got a new job offer and would be able to quit my job at QuikTrip. That was one of the best days of my life.

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

The one specific thing that comes to mind is from when I was in Costa Rica for the summer. A big part of the reason I went was because I was in the worst period of depression of my life and I thought it would help, for a lot of reasons. There was this specific moment, about halfway through my trip, when I was on the bus going to the most remote place I'd be staying, and I don't remember what led to this realization or anything but I very clearly remember sitting there, looking out the window into the dark and thinking "I think I'm happy. I think things are going to be okay." And it was such a big, sudden realization and I really believed it and I felt so happy and relieved.

My happiness for big bullet point events is really fleeting. The things that make me happiest are always these little moments. I feel happiest when I'm with my friends and I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. I feel happiest when I'm falling asleep with my head on the chest of a guy that I really care about. And I feel happiest when I'm riding that high of doing something creative where I'm in that zone and things are just happening so smoothly and I'm in my head like I AM THE GREATEST ARTIST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD THAT HAS EVER LIVED, riiiiggghhhtt before that wave of crippling self-doubt comes in. That's probably the greatest feeling in the world.

15. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My first was in high school she wasn't amazing but she damn sure wasn't bad. As I repped rush enthusiasm and coachability go a long fucking way.

I never won state in wrestling but the first time I made the individual all-american round was something I will never forget. I just got off the mat and my coach was freaking out. He tells me "You finally fucking did it. Your next match is for a shot at fourth. (No I didn't come close to winning it all but becoming an all-american was a huge goal of mine. Plus my weight class at Fargo had over 800 kids in it. I was fucking stoked to be one of the top eight.)

Going back to school was probably one of my most recent successes. There was so much fucking work involved. It felt amazing when I was finally accepted.

Vicarious victory: In the short amount of time my kids have been living with me they have advanced by leaps and bounds. Kenny is attempting to read any letters that will stay still long enough. Freddy is a little further behind but is still so much further along than he was even two months ago. I try to keep this feeling of perpetual pride in their growth in mind whenever they do something really stupid. It helps in the not killing them.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Picking off a steal on second from behind the plate. Better yet, catching them sleeping at first.
    Sliding under a tag.
    Flipping an omelet perfectly.
    Taking a hot bath and using a fresh razor on the legs, then oiling and lotioning them afterward.
    Hearing the first beer of the night cracking open.

I'm easy to please.

17. Not the Bees!

Not the Bees!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When you practice a song on guitar over and over, but you just can't get it quite right. You keep saying to yourself "I'll finish for the night if I can play it through once with no mistakes." You try and try, but eventually you give up without ever getting it right. You try again the next day and suddenly you can play it through perfectly on your first try. All your struggles and endless practice have come together while you slept and you get to just sit there playing this beautiful piece of music you've anguished over.

I've worked really hard to get where I am in life with studying, finishing law school, starting my career etc. But honestly, that feeling is still probably the purest most concentrated kind of satisfaction I've ever felt.

18. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is so easy. The first time my current sad-sack Edmonton Oilers won the Stanley Cup in 1984. I was in the building. I have kept the dress I wore that night. Soooo much story, but I'm drunk and need to go to bed since I'm leaving for Ucluelet later today...which might be my next best greatest feeling in the world.

Yes Net Daddy, I'll wave when I fly over Kelowna.

19. kfox

kfox
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

1) My college graduation dinner. My family and friends, gathered around the table, treating me to scotch and steak all to celebrate my accomplishment had me grinning like a fool the entire night. Not sure that I've ever felt more content and happy than at that moment. I also went from a cumulative 1.8 GPA by my third year to making dean's list when I graduated so that was extra icing on the cake. Granted, I'm in my mid-20s so I haven't experienced a lot of the classic life milestone (getting married, landing a solid career, buying a house, etc).

2) Succeeding at rock climbing. Finishing a long-worked project or topping out a giant highball boulder are fucking awesome and unique experiences for me that haven't been beat yet. While my graduation dinner made me feel happiest, I don't think I've ever felt more in the moment and alive than when I climb.

3) Blowjobs.

20. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When TPS made the playoffs on the last game of the season. I was only in Finland for one year so when I entered the arena that night I thought it might be for the last time. A goal down within fifteen seconds I was just trying to enjoy my last time there. Fast forward a couple of hours and when the winning goal went in everyone lost it. Incredible.

When the Edinburgh Caps made the playoffs on the last weekend of the season. 1-0 down after two, Basingstoke, the other team in the hunt were 4-0 up, which would end our playoff chances. Two Colin Hemingway goals later and we secure an unlikely win against the league leaders to keep us in with a chance when we played Basingstoke at home the following night. Then news came through that 'stoke had somehow managed to lose 5-4 and we were in the playoffs. Already drunk after the five hour bus down to Sheffield there were some serious celebrations.
    The next day, with the final playoff spot decided the Caps vs Basingstoke game wasn't the winner takes all game which we thought it was going to end up. Instead it was an enjoyable farce which ended up something like 16-12 with Basingstoke's goalie playing on the win and getting 3+4.

When Partick Thistle won the First Division. I was thousands of miles away in Guatemala during our best season in my lifetime, which was rather disappointing. Our manager had left us half way through the season (refusing to pay compensation for breaching his contract then claiming a bonus when we eventually won the league), since then we went on an astonishing unbeaten run and it was a matter of when, not if we would win the league. Due to the time difference it was still morning in Guatemala when the game was on and I was drunk from the night before, following updates on someone else's iPhone. Nobody there had any real idea what it meant to me and neither did I until it was confirmed. I'm sure the booze helped, but there were actual tears of joy for the first time in my life.

#20 jrm, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015