Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Great Debate: Steak or Bacon

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by Blue Dog, Jan 12, 2010.

?

Which would you choose for the rest of you life?

1. Beef

217 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. Pork

41 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Chicken or Fish, and I'm a giant weirdo with a penis for a nose

27 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Veggies Only, and nobody cares what I think and I will die alone

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit. So I was all set to ask why this was even a question, because steak > everything, no questions asked.

But then I remembered Italian Sausage was made out of piggly wigglys. Son of a bitch. While steak most definitely trumps it in terms of overall eating-ness, I would miss italian sausage. I don't give a shit about pretty much everything else on the pig, ribs are tasty but nothing to freak out about not having.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This may be more difficult for people down south who worship BBQ. I just can't see any reason not to pick beef.

Monday- Filet
    Tuesday- Rib eye
    Wed- sloppy joe
    thurs- porterhouse
    friday- cheesesteak- cmon, I'm from PHILLY!
    Sat- cheeseburgers
    Sunday-pasta and meatballs or maybe meatloaf

Cmon it's not even close, I mean I love bacon and pulled pork but let's be serious!

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I think your colon would thank you for easing up on the beef. Whoa dude.

That is one of the reasons I'd pick pork. Also, sure you can't eat the tongue but you can eat the cheeks instead.*

*No I've never had it.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I chose chicken. Here's why:

1. Beef is the meat of the gods, but I don't want a serious condition of steak-ass from eating cow every day.
    2. Chick-Fil-A is made from chicken. In fact, it's so delicious that chicken's animal-cousin, the cow, has turned his back on the chicken and encourages you to eat it!

Anything involving Chick-Fil-A is clearly a winner. The End.

5. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what she said?

6. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you don't choose pork, the terrorists win.

What sealed the pork deal for me is the fact that the overwhelming majority of smallgoods (prusciutto, salami, ham, pancetta etc) are made from pork, along with the best sausages - including italian sausages and the motherfucking chorizo.

7. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[​IMG]

Represent.

8. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard veal.

9. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To me, the choice is simple. Beef all the way.

10. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Wow... COMPLETELY different results from what I was expecting. In my earlier discussion with my friends, I was the lone supporter of Beef, with every one of my friends joining together against me to champion pork. It may have been a small sample size, but Goddamn- if anything, I expected the voting to be skewed, but in the other direction.

Everyone of them were adamant about the ultimate trump card in the debate: Bacon. No matter what I brought up, they would answer with bacon. When I said steak, they brought up braised pork belly. I said burgers, they said Hi Ho BBQ (local place). I couldn't win to save my life.

I still disagree with them, though. Give me my bottle of Cabernet and my thick, juicy mid-rare steak any day of the week.

11. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look at your geographical location though. I'd say most of the board is in the north or west, not the bastion of pork bbq called the south.

12. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This is true. If chacon de lait was as available here as it is in LA, my opinion may change. Hell, I bet you have eaten trotters and snout and loved that shit.

13. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This guy agrees with them. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2cVaTT1Jk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2cVaTT1Jk</a>

It's a shame they cut short of the part when he says "I normally drink my dinners"

14. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Bacon. Jim Gaffigan says it best. Bacon material starts around 2:10.

#54 SaintBastard, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    All right, I've proven it I'm a weirdo. In all honesty I'd go with chicken.

Basically my whole life I've had an irrational aversion to pigs. I find them repulsive, and the idea of eating them as uncivilized and disgusting. I've eaten bacon, and other pork products, but I can't get over the feeling of disgust. Hell, just a couple days ago I was seriously debating getting this awesome burrito that had pulled pork, BBQ pork, bacon, and a shitton of other awesome shit thrown in from the grill, but all that pig was putting me off. I eventually decided to get it anyway, and it was really fucking good, but I just couldn't enjoy it. Next time I get chicken.

Also, while I do enjoy beef I just don't enjoy it any more than chicken, and the cholesterol and fat content is just so much higher that I can't justify beef over chicken. Also ground beef is loaded with fatty cuts while a chicken breast sandwich is literally a chicken breast and has a measurable fat content.

Fuck all of you, having a penis on your nose is awesome. Not only can I pee standing up, but I can also pee while lying facedown on a massage table AND I can "headbang" a girl to extacy FUCK YEAH

Edit: Also if I picked anything else, how would I enjoy turducken? (I did not draw the following)

[​IMG]

Edit: Comic is from LegoRobot.

16. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well yes I've eaten pig brains and pig knuckles. They're both delicious. I'll be at this awesome German beer hall all day tomorrow, trading my money for liquid happiness. I shall order the pig knuckles.

17. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I live in Texas. I am from Texas. I love NASCAR, country music, cowboys boots (both dress and casual), guns, the word "y'all," and BBQ. As a child I was bottle fed, rib fed, and then spoon fed. I learned to cook and love pork before I learned to drive a tractor. And yes, I did learn to drive a tractor. Before I learned to drive a car.

You know that phrase "happy as a big in shit"? Well that's what you feel like when you throw pretty much any part of a pig on any kind of a grill. I could survive, happily, for weeks on end, simply by sustenance via various flavors of ribs. Never mind pork chops. Hell, throw in some beer -- the type and quantity of which can change the flavor of the pork dramatically -- and you have heaven-on-a-fucking-campfire. In my opinion, the first person to successfully mass-produce a beer can wrapped in bacon should win the Nobel Fucking Prize.

That being said, if you are comparing pork to beef, fuck the pig. There are just so many different options with beef, the vast majority of which have been covered extensively before this post. If you are talking about one food, at the exclusion of the other, for the rest of your life, you have to go with the one with the most variety, even if the opponent provides for better single dishes. Hell, I could live for months just off differently-spiced hamburgers (yes, I know "ham" is in reference to pork -- fuck you, literary nerd). Never mind the different cuts of steak, and the marinades that go with them.

I know bacon is the trump card. No. Fucking. Shit. But it is a single entity. It is marvelous, but it is alone. Kevin Garnett was great for years, but he never won shit until he joined the Celtics who had other stars.

Beef all the way.

(I am genuinely surprised that no one has brought up carpaccio. In my mind, that is the ultimate trump card. Yes, bacon is great, but can it do this: *insert plate of thinly-sliced sirloin carpaccio, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then garnished with cheese, lemon and capers* Give me an oaky merlot and I'm damn near close to busting in my wranglers.)

18. Ballsack-3.0

Ballsack-3.0
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Holy shit, I just found the recipe for my favourite food. It's perfect after you've had a long week of kicking ass in the courtroom, nailed three hot asian chicks, and drove around throwing pennies at faggots.

I give you: the bacon cheese roll!

Attached Files:

19. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'd have to go with pork. Everything you get from a cow can be replaced with something from another animal, asides from a quality steak cut. HAMburger is a non-issue- it's just some crappy ground beef. But there's no substitute for the plethora of delicious pig meat- ham, bacon, proscuitto, pork ribs (unless you're one of those weirdos who prefers beef ribs). I'd rather live without beef, when I could have bison or lamb, than without pork.

I grew up eating lamb and not much beef, so I guess that gives me a slightly different perspective. I often find the flavor of beef lacking, and I mostly enjoy a good steak for its delicious texture.

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This.

I saw this poll and thought to myself, "What the fuck? What kind of a choice is this?" Chicken is delicious, whether it's fried, baked, General Tso's or whatever and I probably eat it more than the other two meats. But rarely does chicken ever approach the heights of the other two, so I reluctantly voted it off first. I think thought about bacon, which is wonderful, but I really don't eat it all that much and could live without it. On the other hand nothing approaches the deliciousness of a good steak, and I eat burgers several times per week, so beef was my choice. But then I realized after voting for beef that I fucked myself because Genoa salami is pork and didn't even consider it until it was too late.

The bottom line is that this is a horrible set of choices with no winners, only losers. Each option is equally bad and pretty much indefensible. I'm very disappointed that Blue Dog has put this out there for discussion.