Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The general 2015 Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by iczorro, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been a league with most of the same guys for about 15 years. The guy who set up the league was Commissioner for awhile, and then I did it for 6 years. We've tweaked different rules and settings over the years. My second year as Commissioner, I decided to mix it up a bit. (We have a 12 team league, top 6 make the playoffs, top 2 have first week bye, one week per round.) To make it just a little more interesting, I started divisions, so you play everybody in your division twice and the other games are random. But, the actual top 6 didn't make the playoffs the way I did it - the top three from each division did. About half the time, that made no difference, and the 6 were the same. The other half, I had to manually edit the matchups at playoff time. This year, the new Commish had goofed up something on the draft, and I sent an email to him that was just like, hey, fyi, you need to do this. His response was basically, I'm Commish now. I got this. Fine, I'm going to stay out of it.

So, yesterday, our regular season ended. I won the week, giving me the 6th position overall . . . but, 5th in my Division. I should have NOT made the playoffs the way we have done it in our league for the past 7 years or so. The "Commish" posted his league note, congratulating those who made the playoffs, and didn't edit what the computer spit out. So, I'm in AND I took a spot that should have been the Commish, who is out. So, we have 5 from the division that I'm in and 1 from the other.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I imagine that there will be a general 2016 thread opened at some point, but until then, I will just put this here.

I have #1 pick in a 10 player PPR league. I go OBJ, right?

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Romo for sure.

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm stepping into a league where your keeper replaces your draft pick in the round you drafted him in last year, including guys that you kept that way last year. The defending champion gets Gurley for a 6th rounder, Cam Newton went for a 9th rounder, Antonio Brown was a 3rd rounder, and Kelvin Benjamin went in the 12th. I inherited a shit team with nobody worth keeping and pick 10th in the first round. I hope that the entire NFL gets gout.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just FYI, if you haven't seen the promotion, Buffalo Wild Wings is doing a draft party promotion. We just reserved our time at our local BWW. It's free, and apparently doesn't matter how many people you have. Only 3 of us from our league are in the same town, but another guy is coming to town and we're inviting some friends who aren't in our league to hang out with us. So, if you like free crap and beer, check it out.
    upload_2016-8-26_10-43-26.png

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I drafted my team in a 10 player PPR league last night. It was your standard snake draft and I had pick #1. As i gear up for my first auction draft, I just wanted feedback on how my team is looking to see if I need to make strategy adjustments going in. Here is my team, how does it look?

QB: Wilson
    WR: A Brown, A Jeffrey
    RB: M Ingram, L Murray
    TE: Colby Fleener
    Flex: Maclin
    D/ST: KC
    K: Catanzaro

Bench: Danny Woodhead, Chris Ivory, Sterling Shephand, C Coleman, Zac Miller, Tyrod Taylor

7. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You unfortunately don't have a very good team outside of AB and Wilson. I'm actually really surprised you didn't pick up some better players in your 2nd and 3rd round turn. Especially in a 10 team league, you missed out on some really good players and picked up a lot of middle of the road players for your starters. Your RB's have the potential to be your weak link for sure and as painful as it sounds, you might want to make a trade around week 5 or 6 for a good RB and a middle tier WR for AB.

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really screwed the pooch on my draft. 12-team PPR league with one keeper, and I ended up with the following team:
    Andrew Luck
    Demaryius Thomas
    Marvin Jones
    Jamaal Charles
    Matt Forte
    Rob Gronkowski
    Markus Wheaton
    Brandon McManus
    Arizona DEF

Eric Ebron
    Tyler Eifert
    Laquon Treadwell
    Darren Sproles
    Josh Doctson
    Josh Ferguson

I did not want Gronk, but he was the only one worth picking when it was my turn in the first round. We can play a TE at the flex spot. My plan is to limp along as best as I can until Eifert is back, then try to trade Gronk for pieces to fill my gaping holes.

I hate the fact that my best WR in a PPR league plays for a team whose starting QB is likely to be a guy who could not definitively beat out a wide receiver for the QB spot in college.

9. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was kind of surprised that of the folks in my draft went for RBs early, so by the time it got back to me at pick 20, the best guys were gone. In the top 10, it was pretty much Ingram or Charles (I live in KC but still didn't want Charles). Spencer Ware is available on waivers, since Charles is still a question mark, would it make sense to pick him up just in case? I could drop my b/u TE.

10. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would definitely grab Ware. Charles isn't likely to be ready to be the starter at the beginning of the season.

https://twitter.com/siriusxmfantasy/status/771313342015209472

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.