Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Friday The 13th WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'm not superstitious but I do believe in ghosts thanks to living in an old farmhouse for a while with an ex. Lights turning on, closed cupboards opening, shit like that. I know those can be merely because the place was so old and they are explainable. One thing that is not is the night he was snoring so loud I went to the upstairs bedroom to sleep and took my dog. I was woken by voices, saying my name. I sat straight up in bed looked towards the direction my dog was sleeping, who was not sleeping any more, and as if we were thinking the exact same thing, we got the fuck out of there. We lived there for about another 6 months, I never went back upstairs again though. Not even when we moved.

Just typing that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

FOCUS: Are you superstitious? Do you believe ghosts exist? Ever had a freaky experience, something that was unexplainable?

#1 shegirl, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I'm not and no I don't. I'm a rationalist, and a cynic, and a scientist. Ghosts don't exist.

Although that one time I swore I heard the garage door go up then back down when no one was downstairs was a little freaky.

You had a manifestation of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

#2 Misanthropic, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  3. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Today we find out if we're having another girl or if it's a boy. Please pray that it is a boy so I don't have to do this again. PLEASE.

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny, for a while after I moved into my house I thought my garage was haunted since it would just randomly open and close on it's own, would be magically opened when I would come home even though I know for sure I closed it.

Turns out it was just a stuck relay button in the backup garage door opener. Replaced that and haven't had an occurrence since.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd consider that option if the garage door in question actually had an opener. The only way it opened and closed was manually. My explanation is that I either imagined I heard it, or heard something else and mistook it for that.

Like this: Pareidolia (/pærᵻˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus (an image or a sound) wherein the mind perceives a familiar pattern of something where none actually exists.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

No, Im an adult.

7. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I grew up with superstitious twits. My mom's family was poisoned by grandmother and her old world bullshit. Everything is a curse, bad luck, even knocking on a door imporperly you've invited the devil in your home, 7 YEARS OF DARKNESS.

When I was a kid the music box on the mantle spontaneously began to play. My mom lost her shit, thought it was a ghost trying to communicate or haunt her. Whichever, it vacillated. Her bullshit scared the shit out of me at the time to the point I kept thinking my dad or grandfather or the devil would be coming for me in the dark. How is the devil in the same equation as your dead loved ones? Because Italian, you unbeliever. No reason, no consistency, everything is an evil portent. Da fuck on outta here.

I love the shit out of some horror movies though.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I jacked off as a kid and now I'm blind. So yeah folks, don't do it.

9. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. Check my signature.

I used to have nightmares occasionally involving demons back when I went to church, up until my mid-20's. I decided that it was because of my Thrill Kill Kult cd's, so I threw them all away. Didn't help really. What did help though was realizing that demons don't exist - problem solved.

In response to all the haunting stories: There is always a logical explanation. The problem is that when humans don't know the explanation, we just make up some shit and go with it, and then we pass it down to our kids.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the Stevie Wonder tune, a lot.

I do believe I'm a better hunter when I have more facial hair, but that's mostly just me joking with ms. katokoch to get her riled up when she says I need to cut it back.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Superstitious? Not really.* Ghosts? No.

* Like, I think walking under a ladder, black cat in your path, breaking a mirror and all that, has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of anything. But, when playing sports, in good fun? I would absolutely make sure nobody crossed the bats in the dugout or some such thing. I didn't actually think it made a difference -- as Juice said, I'm an adult** -- but was more of a "let's go team!" camaraderie*** thing.

** Childish behavior often call this in question, however.
    *** Apparently, I don't write camaraderie often enough. That is not how I thought that was spelled - took me two tries.

In the late 80's, most garage door opener remotes had 8 dip switches in them, so only 256 possible codes. We used to take our remote and ride through other neighborhood flipping switches, trying random combinations, and opening lots of doors. Good times.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I will say there was a ton of superstition when I was racing... and that resulted in a LOT of really, really smelly drivers.

Guys wouldn't wash their fire suit, socks, etc., because they won a race, and washing it would wash the win out.

13. mazian

mazian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Superstitious? Depends.
    While at work I'm super superstitious. I work in the OR and I have some specific sets of shoes that I need to wear, because the other ones are bad luck.
    Come to think of it, I also knock on wood a lot.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't believe in ghosts, demons, angels, magic, or any of that other bullshit... But I DO believe in a jinx.

I can't tell you how many times I've called the outcome of a game or some other event, and been proven wrong (this is part of the reason why I don't gamble).
    I think I jinxed myself the last time I got arrested; I said "It would suck if that's a State Trooper up there," and then BAM, he flipped on his lights.
    The rational part of my mind KNOWS that I had nothing to do with it, but it makes me wonder.

Another thing is telepathy/psychic ability. I think so-called psychics are charlatans, and the people who believe them are just hearing what they want to hear.

However, over the years, I've noticed sometimes it seems like my son and I can share thoughts/read each other's minds.
    There will be times where we'll be sitting together quietly, and I'll just KNOW what he's about to say, and vice-versa.
    I really hope that there's a logical, non-telepathic answer for this, because I don't want him to know what I'm thinking some times.

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you not read @Revengeofthenerds 's post? You better cut that shit out before you go blind.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most superstitions are just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. But, I have heard that it's VERY lucky to make a boobie/booty/bikini thread post on Friday the 13th. I mean, like it really brings a lot of good luck to the poster. For real.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard that touching the outside of the airplane while boarding is good luck, and while I don't believe in superstitions like breaking mirrors, black cats, ladders etc, I'll be damned if I don't touch the outside of the plane before boarding. Haven't crashed yet so....

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The good news is when you crash, you won't be able to report back here to update your post.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Friday afternoons in the office.

[​IMG]

20. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not superstitious now. I was in highschool baseball. We had this pitcher, his first game he pitched a complete game and struck out all but like 4 batters. I don't think he lost a game all year. My superstitious thing was I would say the same "chatter" before his every pitch the rest of the season.

I'm very skeptical about the whole ghost thing. However, I do go visit my grandparent's graves and talk to them. Tell them how things are going in my life, tell them I miss them, perhaps ask for help and guidance through trying times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.