Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Falcon & The Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rush-O-Matic, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First ep was pretty good, I thought. It's not going to be as dark as The Boys in Disney, obviously. But, I like they're exploring the angle of Bucky
    having to deal with his demons and consequences of what he did as Winter Soldier.
    The tech and battle scenes looked good, too. Should be fun.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The Winter Soldier storyline was interesting to me and was the main hook for the episode imo.

The flying fight scene went on tooooo looooong. I was bored at the end. I'm honestly just not impressed or interested in all these pure CGI effect fight and battle scenes. They were impressive at one point but especially the one in this episode did nothing for me.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It reminded me of a combination of the pod racing in The Phantom Menace and the alien dog fight of Independence Day. I thought the guys flying in wing suits rolling sideways into the helicopters was pretty baller. That wasn't CGI, by the way. Of course some was, because, you know, Falcon suits aren't real. But, the wing suit move into the helicopter was a real stunt.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That's cool that they used some real stunts in that scene. But still, that was my take home feeling on it. It's probably a very unpopular opinion.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get what @bewildered is saying. I mean, I enjoyed the action, but it could have been a little shorter. I hope this one is better than "Wandavision" which I really loved in the beginning, but by the finale couldn't give a shit less about.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I turned it off when Falcon tried to get a loan. That entire scene made me cringe ("I'm always reppin NOLA"....ugh).

I don't want to watch superheroes do mundane things.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The first three episodes were enjoyable, but after episode four it's officially good.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Daniel Bruhl is fucking awesome.

Second,
    holy shit, Cap. What the fuck are you doing murdering someone in broad daylight, in front of a crowd full of people holding phones? Obviously, this is setting up for Sam to take over the shield in the next or last episode, but I'm curious if this means that John is going to be US Agent or something else? I kinda fell down a comic book nerd rabbit hole after this ep.

9. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how they created him as a villain with a consistent ethos and a legitimate point. He's right that superhumans shouldn't exist, and the pursuit of superhuman powers is narcissism at best, nazi eugenics at worst. He also backs up his stance; immediately pulling the trigger on the scientist who created the super serum, and immediately crushing existing serum under his boot. No temptation, no compromise, just get the job done.

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly right. I've always thought that the best antagonists have been those that wholeheartedly believe they are right, no matter how out there the thing that they believe in is. I wouldn't call him a zealot, but I would absolutely call him principled. That's dangerous and imminently hateable. Can't wait for the next episode.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m not sure what’s supposed to happen in the overall story. It seems to me like a super cocky arrogant dude like Walker should never get a serum like that. Will he become some huge villain or will he get stomped down pretty quick to pass the torch?