Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The EPIC Turkey Day.. ZOMG & THE EPIC XMAS D.T BOOM ROASTED!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looking forward to gorging your face with delicious food? Trying to stay away from the uncle that got drunk and a little too touchy last year?

Personally I'm going to be eating with my neighbors, this should be interesting since I've only talked to them twice. Hopefully they aren't Jesus freaks that expect me to lead them in prayer.

Focus: What are your plans? Also, get drunk and post incriminating things that we can mock you ruthlessly for.

2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Turkey Day Drunk Thread

Are those ashes in the bottom of the picture or a steaming pile of phoenix shit?

3. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: The EPIC Turkey Day Drunk Thread

Thanksgiving with the family. Lot's of food, some truly funny people, and more mortifying and horribly inappropriate stories, than my you can shake a stick at.

4. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Turkey Day Drunk Thread

Yes.

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still have one more day of being on leave before going back to work. This has all been thoroughly ridiculous.

Coffee with I-hope-she's-not-crazy facebook stalker tomorrow. Frankly, I could stand to get back in the game at this point. And she's asian, one of my many weaknesses.

6. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole fam-damn-ily will be getting together and some relatives are driving in as well. Our family has always been joined by foreign visitors too so I'm guessing we'll have some guests from at least two other continents. My mother is a spectacular cook so there is a 100% chance of a phenomenal feast to enjoy.

I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible out hunting with my family (got some cousins to take duck hunting) when I'm in my hometown... otherwise I'll likely spend a couple of nights getting too drunk with friends at the shitty hometown bars (the usual) and just enjoy time off from work.

Attached Files:

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck turkey, we'll be having this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With much drinking and revelry on a three-day weekend, amongst a bunch of teacher/travellers.

8. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

What I've been worried about happening for years has finally happened: my dad and I didn't get invited anywhere, so we're just having dinner together at home. Then, on Friday, he's going to his girlfriend's for the weekend, and I'm having a "friends as family" type dinner and party. I thought the whole situation was going to make me sad, but I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm getting all Martha Stewart up in this bitch and have created a really tasty menu that I'm excited to make, particularly pumpkin cheesecake. Plus, a boy I like is going to be there. I think it's going to be lovely.

The only downfall is one of my friends is bringing her boyfriend, and didn't even ask me if he could come, when it's pretty much my Thanskgiving dinner and was just supposed to be a small thing for friends. I'm not really a fan of his in general, but that's annoying right, that she assumes he can come too when they're not married?

Anyway, I've been in a cheesy mood lately and am really looking forward to the holidays. I miss my friends. I'm excited to spend time with them.

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it's a coed thing with friends and he wasn't invited that would be a little weird. If one of my friends invited me to something similar I'd assume my girlfriend was invited unless I was specifically told otherwise.

10. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah gotta say, if you know them to be a couple, and it's not new then the couple invite is normally kind of assumed. Unless you told her not to bring him, then I'm sure she took it for granted that he was invited.

11. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Leaning in your direction here, but I would still ask if she could come over also and watch closely for signs of anything beyond an obligatory agreement.

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, what's annoying is when people think that you can have a "friends as family" event and not invite significant others just because they're not married. All of my aunts want girlfriends and boyfriends to show up. I'm going to have to explain about what's-her-face (or maybe I should call her the ex-tronette?) and why she's not coming. It's going to be awkward.

Offering hospitality and then putting strict limits on it is against the very spirit of hospitality.

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

It's "a coed thing" because I have both male and female friends, but no one else is bringing their boyfriends. We all get the chance to be in the same room once, maybe twice, a year and it's a chance to hang out again. If nothing else, it'll just be awkward, mostly for him. It's one of those things where if she asked I would've probably said yes, but it's the assumption - especially when I'm cooking dinner for everyone and now that's an extra plate - that's bothering me. It's not that big of a deal, though, just a little annoyance.

Etiquette issues aside, if this is the week where I'll officially start my tolerance for Christmas music and commercials, this is the week where I'm going to start drinking hot chocolate with Bailey's. So THERE.

14. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe he'll do the dishes, audreymonroe.

I said "Happy Thanksgiving" today but haven't graduated to "Merry Christmas" yet. I bought some gum at the store and the cashier randomly offered me a free drink. Next week, I will say "Merry Christmas" more times in a collective fourteen hours than I will for the rest of my life.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

AWESOME SOLUTION. I fucking hate doing dishes.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm the weird girlfriend who avoids spending time with my guy's friends situations like that. They don't like me, I know that, based on what's gone on in the past several months. I picked up on it before it was confirmed, so I just kinda...didn't put him in the situation.

Ha, as a matter of fact, one of those friends just called his phone. He was laying on the floor recovering from a workout and asked me to grab it. As I brought it over, it stopped ringing, he asked if I answered it. "Fuck no. I hate that guy. That's the last one of your friends I would ever speak to." Fucking asshole.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone getting up/waiting out for Black Friday? I'll do my usual routine of go to Best Buy on Wednesday, find all the shit Ill want, hide it at the bottom of a floor model washing machine, an go pick it up midday Friday like a boss.

18. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was going to wait in line for the best buy t.v. that's advertised, but I found out that the one at Target can be bought now and price adjusted on BF. Any other shopping is going to be done at my computer like it has the past few years. To be honest, I don't have a lot on my x-mas wish list this year that will be advertised for a sales. I am waiting on a certain airline to do their annual $290 round trip tickets from NYC to Rome.

I'm with you Audrey, whenever I've thrown dinner parties I hate when an extra guest shows up. Especially someone you don't know/get along with. It's polite to ask either way.

19. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

What?? What is this airline? I want to go to Rome. I don't have any money but I still want to know for future reference.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tomorrow is Harassment Day according to Patrice O'Neal.

FREEDOM!!!

#20 Crown Royal, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.