Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For the most part; an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. Some are short acting like Fentanyl and some are long lasting like Methadone. Heroin & dilaudid are in the middle. The rush you were asking about has a lot to do with your method of administration meaning if you eat/snort your drugs you won't have nearly the rush you would get by injecting into a vein.

2. Queef Debris

Queef Debris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Did tucker ever smoke weed? I bet his stories would have been a lot different if he was more of a pothead than an alcoholic.

Besides an on-off weed user, I tried E twice. Best feeling in the world and pushed my limits of happiness to a whole new level. However, the first time was three times better than the second and I thought it was best to stop my usage right there as I'll never feel the same as the last time.

3. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is very general explanation, and is wrong in many ways. But it's also kinda right. I've never done Heroin or Dilaudid so I can't tell you the difference first hand. However, both are semi-synthetic opioids. Which means they activate a lot of the same centers of the brain, cross a lot of the same blood/brain barriers and depress you're central nervous system in many the same ways. Physically you would probably be able to feel subtle differences in the highs because no opiate is exactly the same. Which is one of two reasons why there are a lot off different types on the market.

The second reason is the dosage. Dilaudid is weaker than Heroin. So if you were to take the same amount of heroin that you did Dilaudid, you would get significantly higher. Or get too high and start having respiratory problems, possibly leading to an overdose and death.

But to say something like suboxone is the same as morphine is the same as codeine is the same as Darvocet because they're all opiates is completely false.

PM me if you want further explanation. I just want to make clear I'm in no way an expert and you should never take my opinion as medical advise because I am not a doctor.

4. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Who gives a shit? This isn't his board, he isn't here and seriously, who gives a shit? Do you really sit around thinking about him and applying every subject that comes up to him?

FOCUS: This is a story from my early pot days.

My friend, Buddy, went to buy some pot from a friend of a friend and I accompanied him for the 30-mile round trip.

And that was how I was first introduced to kind bud.

I had heard of kind bud before, but had no idea what to expect. After two bong rips, I declared myself done. I had become completely disassociated from my body. The bass line from the music playing softly in the next room grew deafening in my ears, to the point that trying to speak with anyone in the room became impossible. Not that I would have been able to respond much, anyway. I had withdrawn from conversation, enjoying flashbacks of childhood memories long forgotten ("I left BattleCat on a picnic table in Dollywood...") and puzzling over why the Easter Bunny would insist on solely working in pastel colors.

Then Buddy shook my shoulder and announced it was time for us to leave. We stumbled outside to walk to his car and the crisp winter cold pulled me halfway out of my stupor. I was able to communicate in cohesive sentences again, we formulated a plan:

1. There must be Christmas music and it must be played at a moderate volume.
    2. We needed candy bars and Gatorade, stat.

Instead of getting directly onto the highway, we drove down one of the suburban avenues running parallel to it. Our reasoning was thus - to ensure we did not get lost, we would stick to this street next to the highway until we found a gas station, no matter how far we had to drive. We were too high to venture out of sight of the highway.

After ten minutes of driving and spotting no gas stations among the Blockbusters, Pizza Huts and Wal-Marts, we were growing desperate. We were on the edge of our car seats, craning our necks to see past the next building or around the next row of trees, hoping to see a familiar, brightly-lit sign that would indicate a convenience store containing both chocolate and sugar water. My stomach growled and cottonmouth had taken a firm hold.

We traded outbursts of woeful lamentations and logical, reasoned encouragement.

"You've got to be kidding me! This is the longest anyone has ever driven in the suburbs without seeing a gas station!"

"Okay, it's been six miles. I don't think you can legally build a highway in Oklahoma City without some kind of gas station even ten miles. We're more than halfway there, and at the most."

"How can there be three Blockbusters in three miles and no gas stations? Do people on this side of town drive electric cars? Are they all on mass transit?"

"Maybe we should stop at a gas station and get directions."

Finally, finally, we both eyed a 7-Eleven sign at the same time, peeking out from just beyond a cluster of trees. Buddy turned down the radio in anticipation. Then the car moved beyond the trees, and the store was fully displayed to us in all its glory.

But this was the 7-Eleven convenience store only, not the 7-Eleven convenience store and gas pumps. Spotting the lack of gas pumps, we both simultaneously screamed in defeat and agony, "NO GAS!"

It was if the air had just been sucked out of the car, taking all sound and joy with it. After ten minutes of frantic searching for our treasure, we had been cruelly denied.

Then Buddy slowly turned to me with squinting, bloodshot eyes, as he braked and wheeled into the 7-Eleven parking lot.

"We don't need gas."

...we quietly got our candy bars and Gatorade and left.

5. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah, I spoke to soon and it probably wasn't clear enough to say "for the most part". Its important to understand that there are various levels of opiates and that some will effect you differently than others. If anyone has questions about suboxone therapy, pm me and I'd be happy to answer any questions honestly and to the best of my ability.

Thanks for pointing that out Redbullgreygoose, I appreciate it.

6. Loki

Loki
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

This might be slightly off-topic, but I just wanted to offer my services like I did on the old board. I have my PhD in Medicinal Chemistry and I'm more than willing to answer any questions you all have about drug interactions, effects, dangers, etc. Being a recreational user myself, I think it's pretty important to have an idea of what you're exposing yourself to. Anyways, just wanted to put that out there. Just PM me if you'd like. I primarily ended up answering questions from the MMA guys on the old board pertaining to supplements, but also dealt with quite a few questions about drug cocktails some folks came up with.

7. tellkyle

tellkyle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

What are your thoughts on so called "research chemicals"? Do you feel that phenazepam has a decent safety profile in light of it being used in Russia for so long? Do you have any molecules named after you (eg JWH series)?

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Oh Jesus, if this thread about all our stupid adventures while on or in search of drugs, I have a million stories. I've ingested damn near every chemical known to man just to see what the fuck happened to my brain. I spent the better part of the 15 years between 15 and 30 trying to destroy my brain and I put it through one hell of a stress test.

Snorting Meth and being awake for 3 Goddamn days when all I really wanted to do was sleep? Check.

A $500 a week coke addiction? Yep.

Crushing speed and snorting it just for shits and giggles? Been there, done it.

Grabbing my bong when I first open my eyes and staying stoned all day? Yep.

Spending a week in my room eating Demoral and Percocet and washing the pills down with a beer before visiting the cosmos? That was actually kind of a fun week. I think...I don't remember much of it.

Buying a brick of hash and finding out later that I'd bought a brick of cowshit dowsed with hash oil so it smelled like hash. Thankfully I didn't smoke any of it, but a buddy of mine did.

Eating shrooms and then taking a tab of acid and running around the house amazed at how long the hall was. Thankfully everyone else was on their own trip and didn't recall my stupidity.

And then there was the time I came to in the passenger seat of my car (A '68 AMX...God I wish I had that car back) with a cop holding a gun to my head. From what I've been able to piece together we ate a bunch of drugs and decided to drive somewhere for fries at 2 AM. Being the smart person I am I didn't drive and left that duty to a buddy. I slid in the passenger seat and passed the fuck out.

Apparently some guy we'd met that night decided to help me out by stealing the hubcaps off a Javelin with a spoon. I was blissfully unaware of all these shenanigans and from what I've been told we were stopped doing 10MPH in a 45MPH zone for trying to steal hub caps. Then the cops pulled their guns. Waking from a drug induced slumber with a gun pointed at your head is not an enjoyable experience.

9. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My experience with drugs is mainly just pot. I used to be a pothead for 2 years in college - all day, every day. I'm one of those OCD/perfectionist people where if I do something, I have to do it all the way, so that's what I did with pot. I loved it and really enjoyed being high, but if I wasn't high for an hour or so, I would feel a strong sense of guilt. I hardly ever went to class and had no motivation whatsoever. I finally quit smoking it, and it was actually hard considering they say there isn't a real withdrawal. I had the hardest time sleeping at night and had anxiety attacks (pot really eased my anxious tendencies). I do it once in a while now (a few times a year), and it's not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it once was.

As for other drugs, I have tried cocaine, hash, mushrooms, and meth. That's right - meth. I actually didn't even mean to try it. My brother was a meth user and had some soda in his fridge that had meth in it. I took a really big drink and realized it tasted like shit and figured it out immediately. I hated it - I'm not an upper person and I really enjoy being able to sleep at night.

Meth is a horrible, horrible drug. Both of my brothers were addicted to it for a year and a half. My husband (was my fiancee then) worked with them one summer and they got him to try it and he became addicted after just a few times. All of them became different people - their personalities were so different. They all lost so much weight they looked like skeletons. I had to give my husband an ultimatum - either me or the meth. It was actually a hard decision for him, but he was able to quit. The drug had such a stronghold on him. He was full of excuses about "I just need it for energy" or "I can quit whenever I want to." Full blown addict behavior. Thankfully, they have all been clean for about 4 years now, but it was so hard for them to stop. I have no problem with people who use drugs recreationally, but this is one to avoid big-time. It's especially bad for people who like uppers.

10. DrunkenCokeHead

DrunkenCokeHead
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

4-MMC

Google it!

Coke+E effect with no come down.

11. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought I would share this story ....

A friend of a friend, who I had met a few times at social gatherings was a big dope smoker.

This guy also had what I would describe as a high tolerance to weed , he would regularly (confirmed by others that had seen him) light up and smoke 20 - 30 "cones" of weed out of a bong in an evening , then later hop in his car and drive home.

Anyway , the story goes that one day while he was at work he drove off at lunchtime , parked his car and lit up a joint or bong.
    After he finished smoking , as he had to go back to work and didn't want to arouse suspicion, he reached over to the glovebox to get hold of some eyedrops for his now bloodshot eyes.

Instead of grabbing the eyedrops , he mistakedly grabbed a small tube of Superglue and proceeded to glue one of his eyes shut before realising his fuckup.

He then calls his boss via his mobile , made up some story explaining why he will be back to work late and then drove himself to the emergency section of the nearest hospital.

Apparently no damage was done to the actual eye , but he did lose most of his eyelashes in the process of removing the glue.

12. DrunkenCokeHead

DrunkenCokeHead
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I call BS big time. I mean super fucking glue in your eyes! Most sensative organ on the body! Cmon???

13. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. DrunkenCokeHead

DrunkenCokeHead
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

15. sunny jim

sunny jim
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

'Physically you would probably be able to feel subtle differences in the highs because no opiate is exactly the same.'

In my experience the differences are not subtle. Injectable opiates have a strong taste, so it's like saying all food is the same. People develop very strong preferences and can identify very small differences.
    Also, for example, heroin hits your body harder, than say pethidine (maybe because it's dirtier/less refined?)
    I like speed and coke and also opiates, but dislike cannabis, which makes my heart race, and hallucinogens, which make me feel like i'm crazy.
    Nicotine is BY FAR the most addictive substance i've used (aint used crystal meth, so that might be worse), including heroin , so if you don't smoke, don't start. It's the one thing i've been unable to quit.

16. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ganja: Probably my all around favorite drug, due to its utility for packing a good high and has little impact on health. At a point in my life, I smoked every day, multiple times a day, and did well in my gifted high-school classes / engineering courses in college. I don't think that this is a typical result, just my story. Back in college it was everything from gravity bongs, bongs bongs, to straight up EATING BUDS WHOLE on a peanut butter sandwich. I really do love it, but haven't done it quite some time. Basically because of my placement in life (both professionally / geographically). When I do run into some it's likely a party / concert, but I love picking up a random 20 sack packin' up the glass pipe, and watching a movie with the wife, laugh, and have some sex. I love ganja.

LSD: Whoa, I had a love affair with this guy for almost 4 years until I said to myself "There's nothing more I can get from you, never again." If you have a strong mind and are with the right people and are in an awesome environment, LSD is fucking awesome. But let's be realistic, how often are all the ingredients right? Even in the best of cases, maybe 75%? Blotter, liquid, gel tabs, and straight off the crystal were all ways I've ingested it. There came a point where I was up at 8AM after eating way too much, my boy asked me for one of my beers and I said "I drink those to be sane, so no you may not have one. However, I will walk with the beer store with you to get your own."

MDMA: Exit LDS, enter MDMA. MDMA completely eclipsed LSD later in my college career. Unlike acid, which I'd take may once a month, twice max, MDMA became a weekly thing for me. Basically because of the access I had to it. I was friends with a huge dealer, and friends that wanted to be casual dealers. So within there first couple of meetings, I'd always cop 15-25 of them for free. I was going to raves, with friends, random girls, and whomever almost every week. Very fun, loved the music, loved the feeling, loved pretty much everything about it except the day after. The hangover after a big night is pretty bad. After months of this behavior, I started noting transparencies in this environment, and frankly it became trite and almost soulless, so I stopped going, weened off the MDMA (which wasn't all that hard) and tried to put it into perspective. So here's my perspective at the age of 30, which addresses some of the questions that have been asked here:

Pure MDMA (caps / powder) v. Rolls (pills): Pure MDMA can't be adhered, thus it's typically thrown into a cap and cut with sugar / sassafras to be an accelerant. Pure MDMA is good, mellow, and provides all the things you'd expect from something called "Ecstasy", however it sometimes lacks intensity as compared to rolls, unless you just have a bag of it a shovel powder into your gullet all night. Rolls, as mentioned previously, try to know who your buying from because rolls has who knows what the fuck in them. We had kits that we'd bring with us prior to buying ANYTHING. I'm not suggesting that you do this, but to be truthful most of the samples were completely legit. So in a club environment your have an OK chance that it's legit or fake, not dangerous. I don't recommend buying this from "street dealers". My best, most intense experiences have been off rolls. Risk v. Reward, I guess.

I've tried E 6 times, only felt it once: This probably indicates that you already have a chemical imbalance in your body, or you didn't get real pills. If your friends were rolling, I'd be very wary of trying to take more, as it may accentuate present issues and contribute to severe depression. I don't know the person that posted that, but the only folks I saw this characteristic with were already taking (serotonin reuptake inhibitors.) Be careful.

Environment: the clubs and concerts were fucking awesome for a little bit, but I found that you'll graduate from that experience. The absolutely best times I've ever had were with my best friends, sister, wife, and anyone else that you're very close to. Surround yourself with these people while on MDMA, and you can actually FEEL yourself becoming closer. On every level. Don't Roll alone. Ever. It's fucking awful.

Part 2, coming later.

17. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What drugs do you use?

18. Spacesatan

Spacesatan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I smoked salvia for the second time last night. The first time I did it, I didn't get much of an effect - it was old, I didn't smoke enough of it, I was tired, etc. This time there were some pretty cool visual effects for about five minutes, and then this afterglow feeling for about 45 where I was really lucid. It was fun; something I plan on doing again after midterms.

I'm also looking into getting some shrooms and organizing a camping trip.

19. Euphonious

Euphonious
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I just ate 5 grams of dried shrooms and am on my way to a Halloween Party in the woods. I will see you guys on the flipside of 2 weeks.

20. Takoz

Takoz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Tried Ecstasy for the first time tonight. Took it about 5 1/2 hours ago. I'm in my bed, shivering, can't fall asleep, and I'm having the time of my life.