Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey everybody! My very favorite drug was Darvon (propoxyphene) that I would buy in Mexico. It was awesome. It was pure propoxyphene with no added ingredients like acetaminophen, aspirin, or ibuprofen, so you could drink when you took them and not have the damaging effects that come from taking those over the counter painkillers with alcohol.
    I was working only about 10 miles away from the Mexican border for awhile, and I was popping those things like candy. I was making good money and it was all cool. Then the Lilly corporation of Mexico stopped making Darvon in its pure form in 2006, so the party is over! You can still get Darvon Compuesto which has acetaminophen, but it's more expensive and you are wrecking your liver when you take it and go drinking.
    There are other narcotic pain killers over there, but they all have something else mixxed in, so I just stopped taking them.
    You can always get valium and Xanax over there, but I don't like those.
    It was a nice run while it lasted, I guess it had to end some time.

2. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I smoked a ton of pot from ages 21 through 26. During that time I graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA, got a job in sports advertising and did very well at it. Admittedly, success and regular pot use often do not go hand in hand, but it is definitely possible. Regrettably, my current employer insists on random drug testing, for everyone from warehouse workers to the top executives. I haven't smoked in nearly two years, but I truly miss the option of roasting a bone on the weekends. I have nothing but fond memories of my times on the pot, mainly from experiences with my friends that were only enhanced by our shared, altered states.

Despite my long hiatus from pot, I've still retained useful knowledge relating, but not limited to:

- constructing emergency bongs out of household objects, including gravity bongs
    - vaporizers
    - pros and cons of different kinds of pipes (metal, plastic, stone)
    - best practices (ways to avoid getting caught, how to make your buzz better, things to do while stoned)

Sadly, in my 5+ years of regular use, I never learned to roll a proper joint. I can't help you there.

And kudos to the poster who quoted, "You took too much, man. Too much, too much".

3. clb

clb
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Are vaporizers worth the money? If so, any suggestions on which to buy? I'll save my introduction for later, but I can roll a joint. Ha.

4. RPhil

RPhil
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My current roommates have a vaporizer and it is worth the investment if you have the money to sling, in my opinion. It isn't a Volcano (probably most widely known vape), but the name escapes me at the moment. If you can, find a friend with one and smoke out of it to see if you like it. Every person I've smoked with has liked it, but I'm sure there are people out there who disagree. For me personally, it is a different high, that I thoroughly enjoy. I'm much less un-productive and don't look stoned but can still feel the effects of the THC.

Focus:Up until senior year of high school I stayed away from drugs, except for alcohol. I tried pot a few times and didn't really enjoy it much. However, I had a decent amount of friends who really loved it so I kept changing variables each time I smoked to see if I could make my experience better. After smoking a few times I began enjoying it.

Now, in college, a few of my roommates are pretty big stoners. Recently I have been smoking quite a bit with them. I was conducting an internal experiment where I stopped smoking for a few weeks, then smoked relatively often for a few weeks and compared my overall mood and grades. I have felt much better and am getting better grades than I ever have in college during the time period that I was smoking. Right now, I just smoke moderately and I feel like I'm doing pretty well in not playing into the role of a lazy stoner.

5. Choad

Choad
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I smoke a lot of weed. It's not high quality shit but "schwag" that is sprayed down with god knows how many pesticides. I do other drugs as well, every month or couple of months. I prefer to mainline drugs if I can. I won't smoke crack or do E, meth, etc... not because of any kind of stigma that comes along with them, just not really into um. Weed, booze, Cocaine and water soluble pain killers is mostly what I'll party with.

I'm 25, soon to finish up a double major in English and History (haha liberal arts!), with a decent GPA (3.4 or so). Drugs and drinking had a negative effect on my life when I was younger. I got arrested a bunch of times, and was basically a stupid dumbass. But as an adult, nothing bad has really happened.

6. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm front office, but in a Tier 2 city (DC). I start Monday, hence all the free time.

Back on topic though:

I'm not really sure of the ages of most people on the board, but I'm wondering what people's experiences have been with drugs and their parents. My dad just turned 60 and has been pretty open with me about his drug use when he was younger (attended Woodstock) and has even smoked weed with me a few times. At the same time, my uncle (mom's side) was a junkie for a long time, so my dad would be enraged if he found out about my use other than the typical hippie drugs. None of my other friends had relationships with their parents like this with the exception of one, but she wasn't what one would call a "good mother." I think I'm better for it, as a I did things because I wanted to, not because I wanted to rebel, and felt more informed when I chose to.

7. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been a regular pot smoker for ~3 years now, and I dabble in other drugs when the occasion calls for it. I like to think I'm smarter than the average bear when it comes to my drug use, some of my friends come to me for info if they want to try something new. I prefer to know what I'm getting into before I do it, and start off slow and find a sweet spot. I adore Molly (MDMA powder), far more than ecstacy, because as a few people have mentioned, if you're even getting MDMA in a press, it's usually adulterated with god knows what else. Nitrous is another 'drug' I love, but only a few times a year, it's way too easy to sit there all day huffing balloons for a quick high. Besides those mentioned already, I've dabbled with coke, acid, mushrooms, salvia, hash, opium, adderall, and even heroin (A friend bought some 'hash' at moe.down this year. I thought it tasted a little like opium, but shrugged it off. "Who would pass off opium or heroin as hash? Both are more expensive!" After a mutual friend's car got searched and the substance found, the police lab result came back positive for heroin. So, the shit we got had to be pretty stepped on to make it worthwhile financially.)

8. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dude, I don't want to tell you how to live, but shooting painkillers is horrible for you. Pharmaceutical companies put all kinds of shit in those besides the active ingredients that weren't made to be taken intravenously. Why not just pop them and do a little bit higher of a dose? If it's the rush you're looking for you could at least just snort them. Even though I wouldn't normally recommend that to most people either. But at least you're not destroying your veins and body with who the fuck knows what.

9. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The only real advantages are the decreased amount of smoke, if you're worried about being detected by neighbors, and the lessened effect of harmful combustion by-products and tar. I'd only recommend making the investment if you smoke multiple times a day, every day. And even then, it's only worth it if you throw down a couple hundred dollars for a good one. Some of my friends claimed they got higher from smoking out of a vaporizer, but I couldn't tell you for sure whether or not that's accurate.

The only kind I ever found to be worth the money look like this: http://www.vaporizergiant.com/vaporking.html

If you're going to be a lifelong smoker, you might as well invest in one to lessen the effect on your lungs. Otherwise, your best bet is to just stick with joints, which seem to be less harmful to the lungs than pipes or bongs.

Plus, it's not easy to drive a stick shift and use a vaporizer.

10. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd be interested to hear more about that stuff, especially the bolded parts. I've been smoking regularly for a while now, so I have some tricks of my own, but I've never really learned much about home made bongs or different kinds of pipes or anything.

As for the "things to do while stoned" part, my suggestion: Go see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs in 3-D. Seriously one of the best times I've had watching a movie.

11. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've smoked out of vaporizers, so I have a little bit of first hand knowledge on the subject. First of all, they DO smell. I don't care what the websites selling them say. The smell is a lot less than if you were lighting up a blunt, and you can usually open a window and spray some febreeze and get rid of it within 5 minutes. They smell a lot less, but don't let anyone lie to you and tell you there's no smell. There is.

Second of all, for whatever reason they don't make my eyes red. I have no idea why, but I've seen the same thing in friends.

Third, they're much better on your lungs. One of my best friends plays D-1 football and he's noticed a big difference.

Fourth, probably doesn't mean much to most of you. But if you live in dorms or apartments or you're around people like parents where you don't want to smell like weed, or want look less high then I would invest in one. Vaporizers are good for discreet smoking.

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gravity bongs are cool and a cheap one is real easy to make. All you need is a 2L or 3L soda bottle, a small garbage can and a bong slide or the head of a metal pipe.

Fill the garbage can with water and cut off the very bottom of the soda bottle. Take the cap of the bottle and cut a hole in it that will fit the bong slide or pipe head with a tight seal. Then you obviously put it into the cap.

To use: With the cap off put the bottle as low as it will go in the water. Put the cap on with weed and light and pull kinda slow. If done right the water in the bottle will be high above the water level and pull the flame and will fill the bottle with smoke. Now take the cap off and enjoy.

Just to let you know that this will be a lot of smoke, usually an entire bowl in one hit, so it takes some getting used to.

Edit: I also had a 6 foot bong in my apartment in college and they are about the same amount of smoke at once. If I tried to do either now, even though I still smoke, I know I would vomit from coughing.

13. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I once bought a large water cooler jug from the Salvation Army to turn it into a gravity bong. When I was done with it it had a quarter sized hole with a rubber cork on the bottom, could hold 5 gallons, and had a spout about 3 inches wide. We would fashion a huge bowl made out of foil, and dump in about a gram of ground up mids.

The thing was a god damned beast. It took a full minute and a half for it to fill completely, and it always burned up the full gram. It destroyed everyone who tried it, and made at least 3 seasoned stoners vomit. I like the ones made out of 2 liters much better.

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But with something that big it makes the smoke turn stale before you even hit it.

15. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A variation on this that I used to do was take an empty handle of liquor and stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once you take it out, put a metal butter knife inside and put the cap back on. Hold the thing over a garbage can or take it outside and shake the bottle up and down (not too quickly), and the bottom should pop off cleanly.

Also, if you fuck up by making the hole in the cap too big, that blue sticky-tack did a good job of sealing up any leaks.

16. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Another plus with a vaporizer: if you save the weed that you are done vaporizing, you can make some damn strong butter with it. Or you can sell it at the local high school.

17. Canada_Girl

Canada_Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Though I don't do any drugs now and even in the past five years, I started smoking weed regularly when I was thirteen. I was dabbling in mushrooms at fourteen. I was doing everything I could get my hands on by fifteen. I mean everything. A to Z. If you have questions regarding weed, hash, mushrooms, acid, ecstasy, GHB, heroin, ketamine, methamphetamines, cocaine, or those pretty little caffeine pills I could probably answer it.

18. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If he's doing what I think he's doing, he's performing a Cold Water Extraction (CWE) on the pills. A lot of painkillers, such as hydrocodones, contain significant amounts of APAP (acetaminophen) as well. The dosage is usually marked 5/325, 5/500, 7.5/500, etc., the first number indicating the amount, in milligrams, of the opiate present in the pill, the second amount being the acetaminophen also in milligrams. Now, acetaminophen is toxic to your liver in large amounts. Most suggestions I've seen have been to avoid taking more than 2 grams (or 2,000 mg) of acetaminophen per day. More than that, and your liver cannot process it and it begins to build up, especially if you are a habitual user. This buildup can lead to liver failure. [side note: if any of this is wrong and someone else can correct me, feel free to, this is all off the top of my head]

To perform a CWE, you crush up your opiate/apap pills, and mix the powder into cold water. Opiates are water soluble, APAP is not. After letting the mixture sit for i forget how long, you filter the leftover pill fillers and APAP out of the solution with a coffee filter, and drink the water, therefore ingesting the opiates with significantly less APAP and fillers. However, the mixture still does contain small amounts of APAP, so it is DEFINITELY not recommended for injection.

19. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was under the assumption he wasn't using percocet or vicodin and was referring to the pills with the pure active ingredient. Like oxycontin or roxicodone. If his source of oxycodone (I've never even heard of shooting hydrocodone) shots are coming from percocet/percodan or anything with acetaminophen (tyenol)/ibuprofin/asprin in them then it's even more dangerous than I assumed.

The shit I was referring to is the binder/fillers/dye that go into making and holding the pill together.

For example, take a 30 milligram roxicodone. They have 30 milligrams of oxycodone in them, yes. But if you weighed them they come out to something like 100 mg a piece (ball park figure, I can't remember) because of all the other horse shit that goes into making them.

CWE is good for oral consumption, especially if you're taking a lot. But it's not meant for mainlining.

20. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Can we leave this over-the-top condescension shit back at the old board. It was old there, it's unnecessary here, and we'll all be better off without it; It's not funny anymore. Thanks.

That being said. My main question is about doing E. I have taken it about 6 times, and can only once had a quality roll. Not in the sense that I had a bad trip the other 5 times, but more like I didn't get the feeling. I felt a little different and a bit clamy, but nothing significant and nothing like the good roll that I had had. However their weird thing is, that a few of those times where I wasn't really feeling much, the people that took it with me, or even split a pill were feeling it so much more. I wouldn't think twice about it, but this seems to be a common trend. I also find it especially weird because I am a small guy, 130lbs, and most of my friends are larger than me, my thinking is that I should be feeling it more. Does anyone have any input on this?