Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ok, I have no idea if this thing has legs or not, but it's worth a shot.

Post here about all drug related experiences, cultural aspects or possible questions (I'm not wild about where this might lead though).

Any drug goes. It doesn't matter if it's weed or those seeds from 6 years ago your buddy Todd crushed up in the bathroom of a nightclub and had you snort which left you tripping for 32 hours.

Personally, depressants have always been my favorite. Marijuana, Alcohol, Benzos (xanax, valium), painkillers (must be enjoyed in moderation) and anything that can make me relax has always been good. I also have been wanting to try cocaine and mdma for a while. However I have no desire to ever take hallucinogens or anything of that sort. I don't see that changing anytime in the foreseeable future either.

I frequently visit http://www.erowid.org for information on drugs because they do a very good job of presenting all the info and studies out there with no agenda or bias.

2. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I take steroids. I eat that shit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

3. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I smoke pot pretty regularly. I've partaken in everything except heroin and PCP. Careful with MDMA, I thought that it was the greatest thing for about a year, and the reprecussions were rough. I have dealt with major depression since. My poor brain seems to be balancing out finally, 5 YEARS later. So, moderation is key. Cocaine is extremely addictive, yet another drug that has taken me for a ride.

4. slammy

slammy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

5. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I guess I'll start. I'm the average drug user the government refuses to admit exists. I come from an upper middle class white family in a very nice suburb in NJ. I just graduated an expensive private college in a city, with a degree in Finance. I did very well in school, have a had a part time job since sophomore year, currently employed in I-Banking, was vice president of my fraternity, a former D-1 athlete, currently train Muay Thai, and all that jazz that goes along with being goal oriented and successful. If you met me for the first time, you would probably have no idea often I do drugs. I don't do drugs because I was bored, or depressed, or seeking approval of my peers (well maybe that a little) but because drugs are fucking fun. I've smoked weed on a regular basis since I was 15. Same with coke since junior year of college. I've done shrooms a handful of times, same with pills of all varieties. And while I've had the same "too much" moments any recreational drug user has had, I can honestly say drugs have never negatively affected my life. I did E for the first time this past weekend when I saw Tiesto, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. If you are someone who has done uppers before and understand your body and how to control yourself, I would suggest E to you in a heartbeat, but only for the right situations.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking loathe acid. Shrooms, sure! Acid is fun for a couple of hours but my brain gets tired after that.

7. slammy

slammy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

E can be fun, but holy shit you need to know what you're buying and have a trustworthy source for it. There is so much garbage E running around these days, and that stuff can really throw you through a bad trip. I've done some crappy E before and ended up curled up in the fetal position, shivering and sobbing my eyes out for hours--the lack of serotonin once it's been squeezed out of you mixed with a complete inability to sleep makes for a pretty shitty feeling.

Best thing to do if you want to do E is get 'pure' MDMA. You get that feel-good high and you can still sleep on the stuff because it only lasts about 5 hours or so.

Yeah, not something to be doing often, it's hard on your head. The trick to staying sane when you're on it though is having a "safe" spot, so after you get sick of wandering around you can go somewhere comfy and zone out listening to Boards of Canada. Can't just run around constantly like on shrooms.

8. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In regards to the garbage E, that's what's kept me away from it for so long. I want to take Molly (pure mdma) for the first time, but the shit's so hard to find.

9. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not your regular drug user, meaning that I'll smoke up 2-3 times a year. I'm just not built for it. I was taught that if you're going to do something, do it 100%, and with this attitude me and drugs do not get along. I lack that part of the brain that says, "hey dude, maybe you should just have a couple of beers?"
    Usually doing drugs ends up with me in jail, or stealing a car, taking a swing at a cop, or smoking crack with a hooker that just fucked me for her fix.
    Yes, those all happened. And many many more.

The last time I smoked weed I ended up passed out behind a Dennys choking on my own vomit. When I came too, I realized that I was only 500 yards away from my hotel and tried to make it home. I didn't make it. I have no idea how, but I was awoken by the Hotel sprinkler system going off in the front lawn at 6 am in the morning. How the fuck do you walk 500 yards to your hotel, but decide to pass out on the front lawn instead of just going inside and laying in bed?
    The only endearing thing about the sprinkler system was that it washed off most of the puke stains on my shirt and face, and hid the fact that I had pissed my pants.
    At that point in the morning, I was totally sober. I just calmly walked into the lobby, gave the obligatory "hiya" to the front desk clerk and went to my room.

I'm 33 years old. Thirty fucking three. What an asshole.

10. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As far a E goes, it was really fun when I was younger but as I got older it took longer and longer for me to feel right again. The recovery period is worse than anything else I've done on a regular basis. I never got into the "love puddle" angle of MDMA that some folks seemed to, it was just a great party drug and fun to be on.

Previous posters are correct, there are bad pressed pills out there and you want to look for the powered form of MDMA. One thing I don't understand is "plugging" drugs. I realize why it is done, but ick.

On one board I read they have a rule about no sources or requests for product.

11. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, you are a special and unique snowflake. Dude you could have fucking stopped after white, upper-middle class and I-Banking. Do you realise pretty much every second person who has worked finance in a major city could use the above descriptor and proceed into there use of drugs.

12. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm not saying I don't exist. I'm probably the most standard drug user out there. I'm just saying the government chooses to ignore people like me when they spout their anti-drug rhetoric about how it destroys lives and everyone who uses is a helpless addict.

13. ryrob

ryrob
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Cut him some slack dude, he's clearly the next PhilaLawyer.

14. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hardly. I'm not nearly that smart or witty. Plus, I'm perfectly willing to sell out for shiny toys, status, and a trophy wife. And a mountain full of drugs.

15. ryrob

ryrob
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Your life is already destroyed, you're an I-Banker. Plus I'm pretty sure that makes you addicted to cheap whores, Grey Goose, and Excel modeling..

16. Gloria

Gloria
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I had the pleasure of pure MDMA the first time I tried E. That was oh...1999? 1998? I remember repeatedly telling all my friends that it was my "new favorite drug." Lord, do I miss it. And I miss weed. And blow. And all manner of hallucinogenics. But I did too much man, too much. It's over for me.

Pimptress is absolutely right, though. Everything in moderation, guys!

17. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He said he worked in I-banking VERY different to a banker, based off the time of his post and the wording he is back, possibly mid-office. Nothing to be ashamed in this but it is different to what he tells girls in bars on a Friday night.

18. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I never did any drugs until I graduated high school, but now I am a regular pothead.

Just to clarify, my dad is a huge stoner and I never really thought much of him so I steered clear of it as much as I could. I also was known for getting into trouble at school and I got suspended a lot for fighting, so people just assumed I was into drugs so I felt like I was better than everyone for not getting involved with that shit. Even though a ton of my really good friends were stoners.

Obviously I have learned that I was stupid for thinking that way, and I bet that high school would have been a lot more exciting if I was stoned. I write about boxing on the internet and most of my best writing comes when I am totally keyed, fresh off a bong load or blunt. Pretty much everything is better when you are high.

The reason I love weed the most is because I feel that I never become too used to it. If I am not getting as high as I was before, I take a few days off and the next time I smoke I get ridiculously stoned. I feel like the counter resets to zero.

19. Wendel

Wendel
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Dude, if you ended up choking on your own vomit, passing out on the front lawn of a hotel and then pissing your pants, it probably wasn't just pot you were smoking there. Paranoia, coughing and the munchies are normal side effects to pot. Vomiting and pissing on yourself are not.

I'll echo the thoughts of one of the previous posters, in that I've tried basically everything except for heroin, PCP, crystal meth or shit like peyote. I got most of my drug experiences out of the way in high school, and now alcohol is pretty much my only vice. I'm not into substances that don't allow me to be in control of my own situation, so suffice it so say, acid, E, mushrooms, and pot aren't things I really cared for. I will say though, I thoroughly enjoyed cocaine, ketamine and the like. At this point in my life, the only thing I'd probably touch would be the coke, but I only really jones for it when I'm smashed drunk.

If I had any suggestions for the less experienced, I would say try anything and everything you may be curious about. I managed to see what I like and don't like a few years back between 18 - 22ish, and I'm glad I did it. I know drugs are taboo and looked down upon and whatnot, but I think people sell themselves short by not experiencing the means to alter your mind and take in reality in different ways. That, and my (eventual) children won't be able to hide shit from me.

20. pincinelly

pincinelly
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

From the age of about 17-20 I smoked weed way too much, probably every day on average. I loved it but there were times when I was sneaking out of my parents house to go smoke a spliff by myself before going home to do nothing. I would also skip uni to go get high with my friends during the day. I tried to quit/cut down a few times, but my friends were always smoking so I would start up again sooner or later. I finally sorted cut down the amount I smoke to every few weeks now, and I have noticed improvements in my grades, and I don't get bored whenever I'm not high. I still really enjoy getting high, but there is a really strong potential for it to turn people into boring douche bags who do nothing but smoke weed and talk about smoking weed.

I have had acid a few times, each time I have had it I was already drinking and the acid put me into overdrive. I got blackout drunk about half the times I have done it. On one occasion I was at a friends house after taking some acid and about half a bottle of vodka. I crashed at his house when I passed out. But then at about 3-4 in the morning I woke up (still shitfaced) and decided that I would walk home. I got about half way home (15-20 minute walk) before realizing that I had forgot my shoes. So I walked back to my friend's place and failed to get into his house, then forgot why I had came back and walked all the way home in just my socks.