Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Drawingboard

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Roxanne, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I once bought a graphite stick but never really used it. So I decided to render this picture with it. It went surprisingly well, but more importantly, it went really fast. With a mechanical pencil I need to keep on rendering and erasing to keep the different tones in balance. Not so much with this stick. Now I'm curious as to what other useful stuff I have hidden away somewhere.

In the meantime, enjoy this picture which I accidently crumpled up in my backpack. Woops.

[​IMG]

2. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

I´m kind of pissed how this one turned out after I scanned it. The background doesn´t look even half as fucked as it does on paper. I have no idea how to fix this, considering it´s something I can´t see with my own eyes. Oh well, at least it didn´t take that long to make.

[​IMG]

3. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've been trying to do figures more abstractly... here's a progress shot, rust and paint on steel:

Attached Files:

4. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Another one with rust and paint on steel. I'm hoping to mount them and take better pictures later on this week.

Attached Files:

5. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I finally mounted the steel panels and borrowed my friend's camera to take some better pictures.

Attached Files:

6. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

From our figure drawing co-op.

Attached Files:

7. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Experimenting with a couple of styles with brush and ink (and a few sheets of copy paper that I took from the printer at work):

Attached Files:

• rj2.jpg
      rj2.jpg
      File size:
      230.2 KB
      Views:
    • rj.jpg
      rj.jpg
      File size:
      231.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Ins

Ins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

[​IMG]

Here's something I've done recently, and once my computer is fixed hopefully I'll be able to do something with it in photoshop. Clothes have always been a nuisance to me, I just can't get natural looking folds going. I suppose I need to find a style where the clothing is interesting to me but for now here's a cluttered attempt at it.

Any helpful critiques would be... helpful.

9. IAmWillIAm

IAmWillIAm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I got very bored at work and made a new background for our 'puter in paint.

Attached Files:

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mom has always been into art. Drawing/painting, in particular. Her high school yearbook is littered with accolades and pictures demonstrating how good she is at it. In fact, she was solely responsible for her senior yearbook's cover design (nothing fancy, but it's pretty cool by 80s yearbook standards).

Anyway, she's recently gotten back into it on a regular basis, now that all of her brats are old enough to wash their own fucking laundry. This is one she did a few days after the earthquake. It wasn't from thin air; she pulled a picture off the Internet and redrew it on sight. Still pretty damned impressive, if you ask me.

EDIT: I should probably upload a picture that doesn't enable you to read her/my last name, eh?

Attached Files:

11. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is what I want to do for a living: scientific illustration.

Spoiler'd for size.

Monarch butterfly plate:
    [​IMG]
    Neolithic spear point:
    [​IMG]

12. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Stupid scanner at the library had a snafu, so I won't get to resurrect this thread with the drawing I intented to. Instead I offer some drawings done on beercoasters. Sometimes working in a bar can get quite boring, so thank God I have an infinite supply of coasters to sketch on.

[​IMG]

13. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was wondering if any of you folks would be willing to sketch something up for me.

What I've been looking for is a drawing for a sleeve tattoo that I've wanted to get done for awhile, but I havent found the perfect drawing yet. Pretty much what I'm looking for is a Western Scene for my left arm. What I want is the main street of a 1800's western town with the post office, saloon, barber shop etc comming up my forearm with two gunmen squaring off in the middle of the street. Then I want to melt the scene on my forearm to the old clock tower about to strike high noon on most of my bicep (or make it look like the base is comming out from behind a building or something).

Like I know what I want in my head but the hardest part is trying to express what I want done to the artist. If I choose your drawing Id be willing to have the tattoo artist tattoo your initials on the piece somewhere as well as send you pictures of the finished product.

Any help would be much appreicated.

14. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been drawing a lot lately. Probably because I'm bored.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I painted this myself.

No, really:

[​IMG]

Well... kinda. The Wife got me to go to this place a few weeks ago for one of her friend's birthday. Now I'm all proud of myself 'cause this is the first time I've painted since grade school. Don't judge.

16. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Turns out I'm losing my workshop in a week and a half so I'm trying to finish up a project I started three years ago and then sat on. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get it done in time but I'm going to try. Here's the progress so far.

Attached Files:

17. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hey brother. Long time no see. That might go a bit quicker if you try not to use the mallet so much, your edge will stay sharp longer. Keep it sharp, let the tool do the work - if you have to hammer on it, it's too dull.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you my ex girlfriend?

19. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Hey! Do you mean, just carve by pressing the gouge into the wood with your hand?

20. SBSam

SBSam
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Here's what I came up with. I call it the Daphne Bookshelf. Maple with walnut inlay. So long workshop.

Attached Files: