Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Coolest Thing You Own

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob4Broncos, Dec 9, 2009.

1. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I would say my 67' Mini Cooper right-hand drive but I'm selling it so I can't really count that:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So now it's my 08' CBR600RR in pearl orange:

[​IMG]

2. Beach

Beach
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I love my car for what it lets me do, and my kayaks for what they let me try (and usually fuck up!)

But the first thing I thought of when I read this thread was my Buffalo; it's old fashioned, not at all stylish but warm as anything, even when soaking wet. Best bit of gear I own.

Dave

3. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

From this picture you can deduce two things - 1). that the coolest thing I own is my 176 AMC Fischer skis with rossignol bindings, and 2). it's not my phone.

Here's the stock photo:

Bottom line is, they rule. I got it as a graduation gift from my parents in May 2008.

Then the following ski season, I lost one. I clipped a tree not a month into the season and the ski was whisked away somewhere in the back country as I rolled down the mountain. Looked for hours, for days, but finally accepted the fact that it was gone. I was so distraught that I didn't even tell my parents about it until this last Thanksgiving dinner, holding out that maybe the ski patrol or someone would find it in the meantime and I'd at least get it back. By then, I had given up hope that anyone would find it.

Then not a week later, the ski patrol called. They got it, in great condition, once I finally came clean to the people who gave it to me.

I live in Washington DC , and don't ski (for now), but my Mom is shipping the other one down and soon the two will finally be reunited. The coolest thing I own, will actually be the coolest thing I own once again.

...and I'll hopefully get back to the mountains.

Attached Files:

4. NecrotizingFasciitis

NecrotizingFasciitis
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Im going with: my refrigerator. Not only does it prolong the taste of food, which I love food, it also keeps my favorite beverage at just the right temperature. What beverage you might ask? Mankind's own brew: beer.

5. tempest

tempest
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A year ago I would have proudly posted up a picture of my bike, but I sold her off because I was fully expecting to move and keep traveling this year. That didn't happen, and I miss her badly. However, in the interim I picked up an AR-15. I have several guns, but none are quite as fun to shoot.

I don't spend nearly enough time with her, and I'm thinking of getting her some optics for x-mas.

Attached Files: