Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Concert Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Mike Ness, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am going to see "Ghost" on November 15th with one of the twins. The best reason I can give anyone for having children is that there will come a day when they introduce you to fun new metal bands that otherwise you would never hear about. I have been watching videos to get myself just a bit more knowledge of their songs. My new bucket list includes being a guest ghoul on one of their shows.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw Twenty-one Pilots in Tampa last night. 70% of the audience were awkward 12-17 year old girls. But, that show was awesome. Those two dudes killed it. Very good artistic design for the show, too.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Their singer/songwriter Tobias Forge has some of the most hilarious between-songs banter this side of Steel Panther. They’re funny and their songs are awesome and catchy like good 80’s pop music. The first mainstream black metal band.

#103 Crown Royal, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're a fucking very interesting band... it's like they're influenced by 100 different artists from 100 different genres and then they just fuse it all together in a way that works.

They're kind of like all-dressed potato chips.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. I tried to explain to somebody what they sound like. I was like, well . . . um . . . take Imagine Dragons and Eminem and let them have a baby. But, sprinkle in some influences of Ben Folds, Fall Out Boy and Cold Play, and maybe their Dads' Rush and U2 albums were played a lot. Then play all that live with two guys.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're gonna have a blast. I went last night and the audience age spanned from 4/5 years old to the 60-65 year old behind me. Great show.

Attached Files:

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My son and I actually wound up going to the same concert as GTE last night. Our seats were not quite as good, but the show was fantastic. The Nameless Ghouls are a really tight and professional band and were given their moments to shine during the night. As GTE stated the audience age was all over the place and I think that added to night. If you like heavy rock to metal go see this band. Next time they come to America, you are going to be going to venues ten times the size they are playing this tour.

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got tickets to see Iron Maiden again next July. I know it's a long way off, but I'm really excited about this.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait... they're touring again? I'll have to check that out.

10. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, North and South America next summer.

11. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Kurt Vile & the Violators

I will again review the concerts that I went to this year at the end of the year, but since he is still touring I am going to encourage everyone to go see Kurt Vile. He and his band blew away my expectations. I think that Vile used a different guitar for every song and even played the banjo on a couple of others. His other guitarist was phenomenal, as was the drummer and his other bandmate, who switched between guitar, bass and keyboard. They are not the very exciting showmen, as they don't talk much between songs and don't move around a lot on stage, but they mostly killed it on their instruments. The only bad thing was that their live rendition of "Pretty Pimpin," which is probably his best known song and that they played as the first song of the encore, was oddly not very good. Still, go see them.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got tickets for the retitled Rock on the Range successor "Sonic Temple." Shit the non headliner line up does nothing for me but Foo Fighters, System of a Down, and The Prodigy make it worth it alone.