Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beefy Phil, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guess what? People actually do rock aloha shirts in Hawaii. Because they are fucking awesome. The best part is that people here actually think they look nice, because well, they do. You think fads are about liking a certain inherently lame kind of clothing? Other way around in this case, it's about hating something pretty normal because a socially negative connotation has arisen.

Just wear something that's a nice material and with a nice simple flowery design and you'll be getting compliments. Not the crappy cheeseball haole aloha shirt with the surfers that you posted, that shit's lame.

2. Rabbit B.

Rabbit B.
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

While normally I'll just throw on a t-shirt and jeans, on occasion I admittedly really like fashion. I don't feel that you can go wrong with Express clothes (except their graphic t-shirts. Fuck stupid graphic t's.)

I'd kill to have a suits like this (ignore the guy):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    While suits are awesome, they're expensive as fuck all too. So little things are nice.
    Like shoes:
    [​IMG]
    Or ties:
    [​IMG]
    So...Yeah. Fashion. Fuck you I like it.

3. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Express is over priced shit. Back when they used to be Structure, they were actually decent clothes.

If you want to look good, you can do so at usually the same price or cheaper for better materials at other stores.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey. Guess what?
    I spent some time in Hawaii, NOT on vacation. I'm well aware that people in Hawaii wear them. And the nice ones ARE nice.

But tacky shit is tacky shit no matter who wears it.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This may seem intentionally dense...but how does this not lead to one smelling like a fucking wilderbeast? Ass stank aside, do y'all never go outside in the elements? And/or spill things less often than "once every six months"?

6. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To get rid of any fucking wilderbeast stank, we also recommend throwing smelly jeans in the freezer overnight to get rid of the smell. Sounds weird, but it works. As far as spilling things, I try not to be a slob but if it does happen, gently wiping the spot with water usually does the trick.

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I was a customer I would think you were fucking with me.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So does everything else in your freezer smell like ass?

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was wondering why my hipster roommate smelled like pizza bagels.

I don't regard myself as fashionable by any means, but that said, I make an effort not to shoot myself in the foot. I already need to lose weight, given my increasing physical resemblance to a potato. To add to my long list of demerits by dressing like a slob would not be in my best interest.

Can you get laid/hired/respect while poorly dressed? Sure. You can also do so with bad facial hair, while fat, while speaking excessively in the third person, or walking around with your fly undone. Merely because it's possible doesn't make it a good fucking idea. If you got the confidence to pull it off, all the more power to you, but for every one who does, there's five who only think they do.

10. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I don't have a job at the moment, but if I did, I'd probably be wearing polo shirts (no fucking popped collar - keep that shit for the golf course) or button-down shirt and long trousers. After years of wearing a school uniform of long trousers, button-down shirt, tie and blazer, why change now? However, facial hair is something else - I never let it get too long, but I have shitty skin, so I can't shave every day, unless people like to see me bleeding at my desk. I get nasty looking razorburn too.

As for casual, shorts and polo shirt or t-shirt is comfortable. I have plenty of shoes lying around, but I keep coming back to this one pair of Caterpillar shoes I got nearly 2 years ago. These things are fucking unkillable and work well with jeans or shorts.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

General: T-shirt, shorts, sneakers.

Work: T-shirt, shorts, sneakers.

If I can get away with it: T-shirt, shorts, sneakers.

If I need a collar to the above, I'll wear a polo.... with shorts and sneakers.

For formal meetings, court and so on it's a suit a tie. Any other time, I only wear long pants if it's expected.