Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Casey Anthony Trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scotchcrotch, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We can all dream, but from who? Maybe she'll get beaten to death by a gang of Latino chickas.

Like you said with your story, the monster who killed the boy killed somebody else's child, not their own. I doubt anything will happen to her, because I don't see anyone dispensing vigilante justice over something they weren't involved in. Speaking of which, who's the father of her child, anyway? O.J. walked right out of the courtroom into the loving arms of his caddy (only later he fucked up on something different), this bitch will have her meth pipe welcome her home.

2. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cindy Anthony. They're going to let her come home and the first time Cindy reminds Casey that she can't go to some party because she needs to look for a job the next day, Casey is going to mouth off with that same vitriol she had in the prison conversations and Cindy will snap and stab her in the face with a 10" butcher knife.

That's how I hope it happens anyway.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anybody else here read The Stranger?

How is it that people who are otherwise passionately disinterested in doing jury duty are so eager to not merely question the jury's decision, but encourage the general public to become its own jury and executioner? I don't own a TV, and if I did, I don't watch American news stations. I really don't give a shit about this trial, and probably wouldn't have known about it were it not for this thread. But since you all seem so passionate about miscarriages of justice, go have a gander over here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.innocenceproject.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.innocenceproject.org/</a> and an interesting interview with one of its members over here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.slate.com/id/2291061/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.slate.com/id/2291061/</a>

4. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're into this crime stuff this was a good read:

Father, Daughter, DNA

I'm not saying it necessarily applies to this case (because I refuse to pay any real attention to the issues Nancy Grace picks up), but it might. It's about how the public's perception of who's guilty can change over time and how we can get it wrong.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have you seen Dexter? That show is fucking awesome.

6. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For the past month and a half, Florida has completely revolved around this trial. They showed the entire trial live every single day on TV. It has covered the newspapers, magazines, news, and it is all the old people can talk about. Because of this, you could stop any random person on the sidewalk, and they can give you the entire rundown of this fucking trial. The people of Florida can not stand Casey Anthony.

The evidence that the prosecution had was all circumstantial. They never had a cause of death. They never had Casey's DNA on the body, or the bottle that had the Chloroform needle in it. They had all of this evidence that "could" have lead to her, but nothing set in stone. There was way too much reasonable doubt. Yeah, the bitch spent her time making up her own stories, that doesn't prove she is a killer. The entire trial was handled sloppy.

The amusing part? The last time Florida sentenced a woman to death was the Black Widow. Who was the prosecutor on that case? The judge assigned to Casey Anthony's trial.

The only thing Casey has been convicted of is 4 counts of lying to the cops. Sentencing is on Thursday. We shall see what the judge has to say.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have somewhat been following this story in the papers. It seems mighty likely Casey was more interested in partying than being a parent. There were a couple articles that I read that indicated that Casey was out partying while the kid was missing and being searched for. The evidence on her computer is enough for me.

I just have no forgiveness for someone who can't drop the kid off at a firestation or her mom's and admit she is a worthless parent.

Long story short, I would make a terrible juror.

edit: Oh yeah, bitch looks like a methed out owl. You say you would hit it?? What little respect I had for some of you creatures has been devastated...

8. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

They put a grief consultant on the stand. They stated that people grieve in different ways. Some act like nothing is wrong, some party and drink, while others cry every day. A mother might visit their child's grave site every day. On the other hand, a mother might never visit their child's grave. However, the prosecution made a valid point: guilt ridden people all act the same. She acted like a guilty person.

I found it disgusting that the grandmother tried taking the blame for the evidence on the computer. You are really going to fucking lie to help your daughter when she killed your grandchild? That is just sick.

Casey stated during the investigation that she wanted to put Caylee up for adoption, but Cindy wouldn't let her.

I hope the cops find Casey's body in the woods. She needs to change her name, dye her hair, and move; or that is going to happen to her. By the way, she looks like complete white trash. I would be afraid of catching a disease just by walking past her.

9. Lasersailor

Lasersailor
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Her being a terrible parent is not tantamount to murder / manslaughter with no proof of cause.

But thinking otherwise wouldn't make you a terrible juror, but an average juror.

10. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I realize that a terrible parent doesn't equal murder. My mom was a terrible fucking parent, but she didn't duct tape me and throw me in the trunk or google ways to get rid of me.

It would make me an average juror, except I am aware of my judgement of people that harm children. I would never be selected as a juror for a case like this, unless I kept my true feelings to myself til sentencing.

11. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Attached Files:

12. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sadly, as this case developed, the more I watched Nancy Grace spit her nonsense all over the place, the more I rooted for the defense. In my heart, I truly believe Casey is responsible for this whole mess, but if she and Nancy Grace were involved in a fight-to-the-death cage match, I would root for Anthony.

It's amazing how obtuse the media has been. I can't believe the number of articles that have been submitted by CNN/Fox/etc. with the theme "why everybody is so obsessed with the Casey Anthony trial". Well, because it's pretty much been shoved down our throats for the past 3 years. It's like a mother saying, "I can't believe how much canned prunes my baby eats!".

It seems like every single day of this trial, there has been a related headline somewhere that read "BOMSHELL DEVELOPMENT" or "BREAKING NEWS". The one that sent me over the top, though, was when Grace said last night that she was sickened by the fact that Casey is going to make out financially through this whole ordeal....and Nancy has no clue that she is largely responsible for that.

BTW, I think I found one of my favorite new websites last night...

http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Nancy_Grace

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I can't bring myself to care in the slightest about this case, so I don't have any comment there. However you all must be living in some magical kingdoms based on how you all are savaging the woman's appearance. She's no supermodel, but she's not bad from some of those pictures and probably better looking than 80-90% of the women I see on a day to day basis.

14. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Classic.

Attached Files:

15. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think she did it, but the prosecution obviously didn't present a very good case.

Attached Files:

16. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It is my belief that either the prosecution or detectives in the case or both didn't do their job beyond a reasonable doubt.

I believe this due to the personal experience of being on a jury for the better part of an August. It was a pre-teen rape case and while I just knew the bastard did it the evidence just wasn't there to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to convict. There were many, many screw ups both in and outside the courtroom. The worst part ? Right after we let the bastard off the judge informed us that the bastard was to remain in custody due to another rape case. We were so shocked that we filed back into the jury room unable to deal till the bailiff told us we were free to go and that in her 20 years of service had never heard of a judge doing such a thing.

Many people on the news around here are blaming the jury and while it was their decision, if the evidence isn't there or the prosecutor sucks or the defense attorney is from a John Grisham novel then you have to let the bastard go.

17. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But instead of cannonballs, the ships shoot Cabbage Patch dolls doused in chloroform. And instead of shooting them at other ships, they shoot them directely in the water.

It's like you ladies haven't learned anything from watching Schwarzenegger Love Child Masterpiece Theater

If a guy just wants to have sex, do you know what the two most pressing qualifications are? Willingness and proximity. Looks, optimistically, come in at maybe third.

18. JProctor

JProctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Glass houses, Aphrodite.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theidiotboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2341&p=121479#p121479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2341&p=121479#p121479</a>

vs.

Attached Files:

• cap.jpg
      cap.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Gravitas