Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Boys Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by wexton, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

LOL holy shit they went all out with that episode. The best one of the series, easily. M.M took some SERIOUS L’s this week. Like on the level of a “Scary Movie” character.

“…Now Cosby, there was a REAL man. He made some strong fuckin’ drinks.”

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dare we speculate on why Cosby would be spiking Soldier Boy's drink? And is the "Liberty" Soldier Boy referred to, the late Stormfront?

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Liberty and Stormfront are the same.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yeah that was part of the newspaper clippings and folder of investigation they did on her early on last season when she started getting in the spotlight. They were like holy shit, she looks the same! Different name, but definitely the same Supe.

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are all Supes on Compound V? Or just the weaker ones like A-Train? I can't recall other Supes taking it and that storyline ended last season. If Homelander doesn't need to take V to be as strong as he is, what would happen if he took Temp V?

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only supes *not* on Compound V are the ones who were born from their V'ed up parents, like Homelander's kid or all those in the orphanage. But that first generation is all in vitro.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think the first gen were in vitro and it produced more powerful supes, but they were effed up socially because they didn't have families. Then later they rolled out some special program where parents could give a series of injections to their young kids to give them special abilities, but those supes seem a little weaker. There was drama with Starlight when she found out between her and her mom. I think the head popper lady is giving her normal daughter injections to give her abilities, probably to use her some degree as she was used. I think special ability natural born kids are fairy rare but seem powerful, like head popper and the other kids in the orphanage.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Wait, now I can't recall about Stormfront's beginning. The first Supes were WWII era... Were those injections or in vitro? Did they have the ability to do in vitro stuff back then? I think I may be off on the early techniques that Vought used.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They were injected as infants, I think. In the comic, Stormfront was indeed a Nazi experiment, the first supe and they created V from his DNA. I think.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That was quite a finale.

It’s too bad they put SB back on ice. Jensen Ackles really made him a great character and killed every scene he was in. I’m not convinced that they’re done with Black Noir, the version that HL just killed notwithstanding. $100 there’s some Jan. 6-style siege led by Homelander next season.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the first generation (Stormfront/Liberty, Soldier Boy, etc) were injected as adults. Compound-V is wildly unpredictable when used on adults, which is why they switched to infants, but it still generates a few bonafide supes among the collateral damage (Kimiko was also injected as an adult). In Season 2 they mentioned that Frederick Vaught developed Compound-V for the Nazis, and injected his wife (who became Liberty/Stormfront) before defecting to the Allies and creating Soldier Boy and others. In order for that timeline to work, he would have had to have been injecting adults. The whole point of Sage Grove was to try and develop a version of Compound-V that worked reliably on adults, as opposed to the mixed-results they were getting with the existing formula in the trials (with Lamplighter toasting the failures).

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There is no point at all in trying to relate this show to the source material anymore. Besides veering FAR from the comic, it is so much more special and the way it tackles current affairs without being preachy or beating it to death is such a breath of fresh air.

And this show knows how to end a season with sociopathic intentions. That final shot was an absolute gem. Also:

I hope Maeve comes back. She became an increasingly awesome and interesting character, and Dom McElliot would have made a way better Wonder Woman than Gal Gadot. She was perfectly cast for this.

#32 Crown Royal, Jul 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah but she didn’t since “Imagine” on Instagram, so is she really?

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was it just me, or was this season really short?

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think i just really enjoyed it, so it seemed short.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They’re listening to the logic of not over-saturating something that’s awesome. Eight is perfect, but it does seem short because they release three right away, so that feels like one long episode.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fuck, dude…..

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Still one of the best things on TV. And still better than any recent superhero movie.