Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Forest Ranger, Oct 30, 2009.

1. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Did you happen to catch Froch beat the piss out of Bute? I'll admit, I didn't see that coming AT ALL. I wonder if Bute goes straight for a rematch, and also how mad is Ward right now?

2. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sure did. Great fight. Went way different than I thought. I thought Bute would stop Froch late.

Here was my piece following the fight:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://queensberry-rules.com/2012-articles/may/weekend-afterthoughts-featuring-carl-froch-lucian-bute-and-the-landscape-at-168.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://queensberry-rules.com/2012-artic ... t-168.html</a>

3. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nothing after the Pacquiao-Bradley fight?

I actually scored it 114-114, a draw, which had me playing defense on Twitter all night after the fight.

I thought Pacquiao won the first 6 rounds and Bradley won the last 6.

Pacquiao dominated rounds 3-6, but after that he was taking off two minutes to start every round and tried stealing it on the scorecards. Bradley ended up getting the split decision, enraging everyone but a handful.

Bradley could have easily won the first round two, all Pacquiao did was land 3 lefts in the last 15 seconds.

4. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Victor Ortiz had another meltdown. And I was at Staples Center to witness it.

Great weekend in LA, covered the ESPN card in San Jacinto and the Showtime card in Los Angeles.

Josesito Lopez moved up from 140 to 147 and stopped Victor Ortiz when he broke his jaw and Ortiz didn't come out for the 10th round because the pain was too much.

Josesito was getting a career payday of about 135k, and the win sets him up to make real money. I am happy for the kid.