Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Biggest Loser: Season 5,295

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by lhprop1, Jan 12, 2011.

1. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Discuss.

Personally, I like the idea of the new trainers. Bob and Jillian are decent trainers, but they're far from being the greatest in the field. I'd like to see a lot more diversity in the training. Bob and Jillian are severly lacking in strength training and sports-type training and hopefully these new trainers will bring that to the table..

2. bmc415

bmc415
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My wife loves that crap. I play basketball on Tuesday nights, and I come home and it's on. Inevitably, there is a fat person blubbering about how they "just can't do it." Lather, rinse, repeat.

3. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The new trainers look like they focus much more on sports training especially the fighting sports. I say look like as not much time was spent on watching their workouts during the first week. I am personally using this years show as motivation to get my own ass out of the couch. I just figure if those fat asses can do some exercise, then the least I can do is some pushups, and situps while I watch the show.

4. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a little game to play. It's just like the drinking game where you drink whenever a character in a show says a word or phrase, but this one's actually productive.

TBL Workout Game:

Every time there's a commercial: Burpies throughout the entire break
    During every challenge, do tabata squats throughout the entire challenge

Each time one of the following occurs, do 10 pushups:
    Every time there's a product placement (subway, wrigleys, jennie-o, brita, etc)
    Every time someone cries
    Every time they show Jillians tits without a bra
    Every time someone falls down or pukes
    Every time Jillian yells at someone

Every time Allison Sweeny enters the room: Touch your weiner

That should keep you busy

5. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is Rulon Gardner on this season? Do they explain how he went from a world-class, elite athlete to a fat tub of lard, despite the fact that he seemed like such a generally active guy? And is he still struggling along with all the other fatties, or is it easier for him?

6. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah he's on it, but he is in the group that's being sequestered for the first 4 weeks while working with the "mystery trainers" so they haven't showed him much yet. In the 2 weeks they've show, he's already lost between 40 and 50 lbs. I realistically don't see anyone beating him in any kind of physical challenge.

I think the reason why he, like a lot of retired wrestlers, balloon up is because of constantly trying to manage their weight from a very young age. As soon as they retire, they no longer have to make weight for anything and they slack off for a bit. They find that slacking off is way better than starvation and dehydration and it starts to get out of control.

7. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And considering what he's gone through since winning the gold, fuck doing anything in moderation. The man is invincible.

8. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction.

By the end of this season of TBL, one or both of the new trainers will come out with a DVD/program/system of "martial arts based training for weight loss" along the line of Tae Bo. It will become a craze for a year or two and will pollute the country with swarms of fatties and former fatties who now think they are somehow qualified in the martial arts.

9. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/taste/blogs/115022664.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/ta ... aUycaEacyU</a>

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Interesting episode last night. I thought for a second Arthur was going to choke to death on chocolates. I kind of get the logic behind what he did but think it was more for himself having his Dad there for support than to keep him there for his Dads sake.

I cannot believe he copped to being the one that did it too. I was like why the fuck would he do that?! I think the better reason for what he did and who he choose was because he didn't like that guy in the first place and wanted him gone. As I said above, I don't think that's the real reason though.

Didn't matter in the end and he ended up fucking his new team by choosing who was to switch sides.

What is nice to watch is the obvious adoration his Dad has for him, no matter what.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I thought the "Big Boys" team was a lock for last night in every way....then Arthur stepped on the scale. 20 pounds. In a week. Whoa. I was wrong.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Arthur's fat ass should have been losing the most weight every week from the start. Its about time he finally stepped up his game and in doing so, saved the day.