Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Best Scenes from Movies

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Juice, Apr 30, 2020.

1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reading the posts about Jurassic Park reminded me of how much I loved this scene:

As a child who grew up loving dinosaurs ( I know, what kid doesn't ) and an adult who still does, that clip portrayed how I would probably react in their shoes. The wonder, the awe... even the score captures that feeling well. The high school orchestra played it a few years ago and this scene immediately flashed in my mind, it's that powerful.

2. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

One of my favorite movies, the entire scene from when they leave the Huron camp up until Chingachgook gives his final prayer for Uncas is just a wonderfully brutal and brilliant sequence, and the musical score perfectly encapsulates the emotions. First scene that came to my mind when reading this thread.

3. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This has been one of my faves

George Lucas was a fan of it too

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly everyone shits on Return of The Jedi but I think the climatic fight scene between Vader and Luke with the Emperor sadistically egging it on is one of the best scenes in the whole original trilogy. Particularly when Vader deduces Luke has a twin sister and Luke loses control. I absolutely love the shot when Vader stumbles and Luke starts thrashing wildly and cuts off Vader's hand. The angle shows the ferocity perfectly. It hits the emotional peak of that movie and the whole original series like no other scene. Can't find the whole clip but the Emperor starting to kill Luke and Vader's final redemption are masterpiece film making.

#24 Kubla Kahn, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best car chase scene of all time, the infamous wrong-way chase in "To Live and Die in LA."

One of my favorite movies of all time, in a tie with the aforementioned "Heat."

No bullshit CGI, and it shows how those cars (full size '80s sedans) actually handled (not good).

Every time I watch it, I can't believe they didn't pop the tires off the rims when they jumped those railroad tracks.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Along that same line, the car chase in Ronin. Old school drivers just driving the shit out of the cars, no special effects.

And the original car chase in The Italian Job.

Don’t have links because I’m getting hammered on the deck while BBQing dinner. But worth looking up.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Did somebody say “chase scene”?

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’m submitting the car chase from The French Connection as the best one. They didn’t have official permission to do a lot of it, half of the collisions in the scene are real because stunt drivers fucked up and its ending is wholly satisfying. Also, Popeye Doyle might be the best anti-hero ever.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Cheesy movie, but a hell of a scene... Burt Reynold's Stick... Moke's Fall:

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goddam. I forgot about the chase in "Bullit."

Fun fact: when I saw Stone Temple Pilots in 2009, they played this scene in the background when they performed "Crackerman."

It almost brought a tear to my eye.
    That was the last time I saw Scott Weiland perform, and he fucking killed it.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of all time chase scenes the whole ambush chase in Ronin still stands out over car chase scenes to this days:

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dar Robinson usually didn’t act in movies but he HAD to for this scene. Pulling out the gun and shooting it was a last-second idea he came up with too. You would think he already had ENOUGH to think about.

Here is a terrible quality shot of Robinson’s craziest stunt: jumping through a 27th floor window in Sharky’s Machine (he did the stunt twice at different floors before filming)

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This has been one of my favourite movies over the years, the cat scene is also pretty good.

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A great scene from a terrible movie. John Goodman was the only good thing in this film.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We’re already on page two and nobody has posted Artax drowning in the Swamp Of Sadness? Force your kids to watch. No tears, pussy.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I love the Death Wish movies, at least the first two. The third one starts getting a little nuts and the 4th and 5th are garbage. People generally miss the point of them in the same way they miss the point of Fight Club, but still pretty good.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The third one gets a LITTLE nuts? Bronson kills six dozen people in the last 10 minutes of the movie with a WWII browning. One of the most hysterical body counts ever filmed.

I still think the original is a classic. A nasty audience manipulator. And what a horrible way for Jeff Goldblum to begin his acting career.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Lol yeah thats kind of underselling it, isnt it? The dude from Happy Days makes for a lame villain and the fact that he has a completely interracial gang in 1980s Manhattan comprised of hundreds of people and the cops dont give a shit is the stuff made for the deepest vigilante fantasies. Still fun as shit to watch though.