Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Beard Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Beefy Phil, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

INDEED!

Focus:

Obviously I'm a huge fan of interesting facial hair.
    I love E's beard from the Eels.

[​IMG]

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can have a mustache ride, but don't get mad when I tie you to the train tracks.

I actually did own a top hat and monocle. They were lost during a dress-like-you're-rich party. That was fine, I looked like the Monopoly guy anyway.

There are some dudes out there absolutely dedicated to beard culture.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd say that's a waste of effort and time, but it's a beard. So it's OK. The world would be a better place.

3. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Charles, those are some nice beard examples, but you haven't hit gold yet.

#83 ssycko, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have a goatee about half the time, and am clean shaven the other half. I am bald, so growing a beard just looks weird.

Currently, I am rocking a fu-man-chu. I get some funny looks from people thinking I am A) white trash, B) a pedophile, or C) both. I'll keep it for a couple of weeks, and then be done with it.

Attached Files:

• IMG.jpg
      IMG.jpg
      File size:
      115 KB
      Views:
  5. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can't seem to find any pictures of my sideburns when they were at the peak of white trash awesomeness. I did however fins one from after my girlfriend made me shave to go on vacation.
    [​IMG]

This was about a year ago. I swear I'm not that scrawny anymore.

6. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I came across this pic earlier today, which I was compelled to snap midway through shaving the beard off last year.

Stay classy, TiB

[​IMG]

7. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I, like many others, don't shave frequently. I'll trim it down with a beard trimmer with no guard a couple of times a week, but I'm generally a little scruffy. I also don't seem to be able to grow the connectors between the mustache and beard.

This is about the normal facial hair level:

Attached Files:

8. Carlb

Carlb
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've been sporting the stubble look lately.

[​IMG]

9. Regression

Regression
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I started growing this beard almost a month and a half ago. I guess it kind of looked good when it was short. Now it has crossed over into Leonidas territory, which will soon be terrorist territory, if it isn't there already. Also, all that extra hair makes my face look fatter. Plus the mop on top of my head isn't helping anything.

Yeah, I think I'll be getting a shave and a haircut soon.

[​IMG]

10. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am bald, and since I am no longer required to be clean shaven, I'm not.

I have also noticed an alarming trend of the Cincinnati chinstrap beard in my 2 and a half weeks here. WTF?

Attached Files:

11. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've been shaving since I was fourteen. I'll shave about twice a week. Those goddamn razorblades are so expensive,I hope that the executives of Gillette all get herpes.

[​IMG]

My daughter and I.

Fuck wearing a beard, I'd look like a terrorist.

12. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get some good stubble going but as for beard length it doesn't grow very long just short and thick. As for a moustache, no dice. It looks awful and a months worth of growth still looks like a few days.
    As for the colour, I'm a filthy ranga and it looks dirty as sin but I've never had longer than 6 weeks to grow it so once I get the chance I'll probably go for it as I don't give a fig what anyone thinks.
    Here is a picture a few years ago of me with stubble, cover your eyes as my skin may be blinding.

Attached Files:

13. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I usually just use a beard trimmer once a week or less, I will shave if I need to. This is my business-hunting length.
    [​IMG]

14. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Oh, facial hair. One of my favorite hobbies. If you can actually grow a full beard and don't periodically fuck around with different idiotic facial hair styles, you're doing it wrong.

I've posted this one before I think. Pretty sure I grew that for roughly a month... took the mustache part off to further enhance the Abe look though.

[​IMG]

This is me with the full beard, probably after two weeks or so of not shaving. And yes, my baby blue female ski vest is indeed the shit. Thank god I added that caption for Facebook.

[​IMG]

After like two days of not shaving:

[​IMG]

And to complete my facial hair arsenal, I present the Wolverine / Rapist look.

[​IMG]

That's from about four years ago. I did that to myself after growing out a full beard for a while. That look had to go after about two days because I was at a bar and some girl told me I looked like a child molester. Not sure why or how that was her chosen word choice, but it was enough motivation to get rid of it either way.

PS: Mods, feel free to delete parts of my personal picture shrine if your boners are ruining your work day.

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only picture of me with facial hair, taken immediately after I got home from jail in '08. I didn't shave the whole time because the "razors" (More like scrapers) were so awful that they gave me some wicked ingrown hairs, so I just stopped shaving. After this picture was taken, I trimmed it into a goatee and rocked that for a couple of months, but ultimately shaved it off. The first thing my son said when he saw me with a goatee was:
    "Dad, you look like the evil Bender!" (Futurama referrence to Flexo, Bender's good twin.)
    These days I just go with stubble.

Attached Files:

16. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Since I'm out of work because of a horribly sprained ankle I haven't shaved in about a week. Usually I'll keep a little chin hair and if I get enough requests I may post a picture after shaving.
    [​IMG]
    The longer it grows the redder it gets.

17. jolerud05

jolerud05
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Can you please, post a picture of yourself clean shaven!?!?!?!

Just kidding. Nobody gives a shit what your chin and neck looks like clean shaven.

That is all.

18. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Into my late 20s, I shaved maybe once a week, with an electric at that. The frequency with which I needed to shave picked up, and entering my 30s I finally had to shave every day. At 34, it would take me a month to grow anything approaching a beard. An actual razor blade has never touched my face. Yeah, my man card probation officer is on me about that...

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think these were taken the same year but I might be wrong. The top one with the fish is my face after two+ weeks. If I had known that semi-guts with hair all over them got more green dots here I wouldn't have jacked up my swim trunks like Steve Eurkal.

Attached Files:

20. thegoodlife

thegoodlife
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yes! If any guy can make themselves look like Henrik Zetterberg, do it!

Focus: Yes to beards! In my field, pretty much any guy that can grow a beard has one. Most of the time they get ridiculously long and out of control. If you can pull it off, do it! I saw some pretty awesome facial hair at a wedding once. There was an old guy with a very full white mustache that continued straight down his chin and neck and into his chest hair. It was great.