Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Beard Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Beefy Phil, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I, like a few others, can't grow anything on my face to save my life. It looks like pubic hair or something if I don't shave for a week or something, it's really nasty. I used to rock a sweet ass goatee thing back in college that looked really nasty on account of my blonde hair. That was a mistake. Thank god I gotta shave pretty much every day now.

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I forth this.

I don't have a beard, either. Nor can I grow one.

3. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fifth. Also, mark me down for the no beard club.

4. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And once again, my All The Chicks On Here Are Dudes Theory comes into play...

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the topic of beards, here's the biggest beard of all time:

[​IMG]

6. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have about 6 days worth of growth right now. 3 years ago that would've meant white trash/pube face sort of beard, but it has filled out nicely. A month or so ago I had a full on mountain man beard. My level of facial hair basically comes down to how lazy I am feeling. Shaving is a chore, so as long as I'm not all itchy and shit I often don't bother. Maybe I'll post a picture later if I can find my webcam.

7. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Jeez. Picky picky.

I think a guy has to know is limits. If you can't grow a full beard, or you look like an extra on Deliverance if you try, then don't.

That being said, there's not many things sexier than a guy who can grow a full beard and leaves it as scruff (sort of 1-2 days growth) length.

8. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've been in various states of stubble for about the past nine months now, but here are some pics from early last year when I was in the process of growing/maintaining a full beard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well in that case, I love it if it's well-executed. I've even been known to drunkenly approach men and compliment them on their facial hair. They seem to appreciate it. Their wives, however, do not.

And now pictures of well-executed scruff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

That chick needs to shave... I'd be ashamed if I were her.

11. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll probably post a picture later when i get back home if I can borrow my neighbors camera, I haven't shaved in a week. I know you all are waiting in anticipation. Some people say it's Hawt, others say it's Nawt.

12. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a full beard. I grow it out around Thanksgiving and keep it until the first of April or so. It keeps my face warmer in cold wind and does a good job of breaking up my big ass face when I'm hunting. I try to keep it trimmed/maintained, but sometimes that shit's just gotta grow. This pic was taken on Saturday.

Attached Files:

13. Jeff

Jeff
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I have had a beard for the last decade, with a couple of times where it has been trimmed down to a goatee for a few months. I hate to shave, my wife likes it and I seem to be able to get jobs (I am a lawyer) despite having a beard. The first time I grew a beard, it was itchy for a couple of weeks but if you fight through it, the itchiness ends.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I've never really been a fan of the full on beard/stache thing. The stubble/5 o clock is what works for me. And in case anyone was wondering:
    [​IMG]
    I'm on the left. What? I like purple. Get off me!

15. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sport a goatee, and have for better than 12 years. It's red and grey and makes me look distinguished and wise beyond my years. Until I open my mouth. I do weekly spot-trimming, but have it professionally groomed every 3 weeks when I get my hair cut.

My last employer was definitely of the anti-facial hair culture, but I worked from home, so no one gave me shit about it.

The whole stubble thing baffles me, unless you're going for the terrorist look.

16. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I grow a beard every fall, and it usually sticks around to late April. When I shave it off I'll usually do something goofy with it, because whats the fun of facial hair if you don't? Last year I shaved it into the old west mutton chops/mustache, and it actually didn't look horrible.

I have two reasons for this routine. The first is that waking up in the winter when it's cold and dark sucks, and if I can get ten more minutes in my bed by not shaving I'm taking it. The second is that it helps keep my face a little warmer in the cold. An added bonus is that if it's snowing while I'm skiing I get an awesome snow beard.

17. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I find stubble to be sexy, but I really do prefer clean shaven. I don't like the scratchy feeling of the beard.

18. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beards are wonderful, when properly trimmed. A well-groomed beard conveys a manliness just not found on a shaven face.

Also, the slight pain from passionately kissing a guy with a beard is fantastical. From experience, don't try to lie about the inevitable beard rash by saying your face got scratched on the carpet, because that only makes things worse.

19. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Newly trimmed. Beard in a few days.

Attached Files:

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

While I enjoy the way two day scruff looks (Maltob and Chater are sporting something delicious looking) and feels on my hands, I don't like the way it feels against my face. I have gotten stubble rash before.

I haven't seen many beards that I like. That being said, I think Dynamite Harry's is nice. And I ALWAYS despise goatees. I think they look evil or ridiculous, and sometimes a combination of the two.