Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Playing it as Druid because apparently I hate myself. Really...slow. I've played Barb/Warrior for the past 3 editions, so I decided that I wanted to do something a little different this time. Eff me though, right?

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I too went Druid. Resisted the temptation to call myself ManBearPig and I wish I hadn't. Started off as bear tank, too slow so I switched to lightning caster, and wouldn't you know I've had three legendary drops that all cater to a bear build. Guess I'm going back, at least they make it easy.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The fuck is "super meat boy' and why is my 3 year old asking for it?!

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New version of meat spin?

5. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently a video game character...

Risky click of the day - Super Meat Boy

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Indie game that came out in 2010. Bit surprised a 3 year old is asking for it. It's also a super twitch platformer; the button presses have to be extremely fast and extremely precisely timed. It's difficult even for people who have played video games for years; I have to imagine it'd be a frustration machine for a 3 year old. I've seen it on multiple "hardest video games of all time" lists.

It's $1.49 on Steam right now, so you can buy it and check it out for less than the price of a McDonalds french fry. That $12.92 bundle also has some great games in it as well (Fez, Braid)

#5166 Aetius, Jul 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Lol.

I was posting more in sardonic exasperation. Toddler was watching/ playing that with hubs on his steamdeck unbeknownst to me and ran up to me happily asking for it one day. I was like ?!?!?!

It appears fun and harmless and appeals exactly to a child. Out of curiosity I read the wiki. That was a wild ride. Gotta love indie games. This game seems along the lines of that Cuphead game. It seems cutesy for kids but it's actually stupidly difficult.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It does have the aesthetic of the inside of a slaughterhouse, but other than that you are a cutesy chunk of 80/20 trying to save his girlfriend.

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone playing BG3? Enjoying the fuck out of it.

10. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Currently waiting for it to drop on PS5. Dying to play it. I probably replay BG2 every year or two.

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only played through it was or twice. BG1 on the other hand, many play throughs.

Save often in different files. They aren't afraid of throwing fights at you that you aren't supposed to win.

12. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been hearing it's brutal in the beginning. Which I'm certain will be even harder since I'll probably play a class that's rougher at lower levels (Bard or Paladin). Currently trying to figure out who I want in my party and given that there are only 4 slots, it's been tricky. I want both Minsc and Astarion, but it may depend on what class I wind up playing.

I'm doubly excited since I'll more or less be going in blind. I've been watching/reading dev blogs and videos, but actively avoided Early Access since I had burned myself out on other games Early Access period *cough*Darkest Dungeon*cough*. So I'll have to live vicariously through you til September.

13. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went in totally blind. Didn't want to get the ea, and ruin it. Haven't been this excited about a game in a long time

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Same.

15. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started playing the last Larian game, Divinity II. If was not a good time, I was terribly lost and frustrated by the whole thing. Ready to accept some genres are just not for me, though I would hate to miss out on a good story.

16. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

BG3 is incredibly good. I'm doing a little travelling right now, but it's got me thinking about it. Only on to the first bit of Act 2 and it's incredibly good. A couple of harder-than-I-wanted choices there in Act 1.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pumped. Looks amazing.

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was is it about Rockstar, that they "get" American regional culture better than we do ourselves? GTAIV had New York down pat, V did the same for Los Angeles, now we got South Florida in all its glory. It should be insulting, to be read so thoroughly.

19. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should've replied sooner, but I was too busy playing. Now I'm 110hrs in and just about done with Act 3, ready for my second playthrough.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

From what I've read they spend a ton of money doing location scouting and embed people in the region as remote workers to get an idea of the culture, etc.