Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just gave Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 a run.

Holy shit is it amazing.

It's been a while since I've had a PS or done GT (5?) but this is awesome.

Managed to single run all of the licenses first try. Some gold, lots of bronze, some silvers... the only retries I had to do were some of the dirt track runs. Fuck I suck at that.

Not sure I'm a fan of the forced grind though... this whole "menu" system where they force you go unlock races/opportunities as you proceed really sucks.

2. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was hoping to hold off playing Elden Ring until after I get a PS5, but I may have to just play it on my PS4. The original Dark Souls is one of my favorite games of all time, and the reviews for Elden Ring all indicate it's a must play.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been try for gold on all licenses. The dirt track one with the Tundra I thought I might give up. Gave the game a few days rest and then aced it on my second try of the day. Ended up just flooring it all gas no breaks style and did it.

So uproar in and update where they upped the in game credits for a lot of cool cars so you’d have to spend something ridiculous like 30 hours of grinding to earn them per car….. Or you can just go the micro transactions route and buy them. The developer came out and said there are some exotic cars that are just like that in real life so that’s that.

4. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Between that, and the game being essentially online-only, this is the only GT game I've deliberately chosen to avoid. I've owned every other, all the way back to 1; even bought that first Dual Analog controller just for it. Way to shit on your legacy, folks.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guess they heard and trying to throw some bones.

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't see a goddamned thing there about enabling real offline play, and only some corporate appeasement bullshit over giving out free fake money and more cars to spend it on. Fuck this game.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’ve done like 6 races so far. Im so engrossed in Elden Ring that I haven’t wanted to play anything else.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think Elden Ring is like walking through a nightmare. Hubs says it's like a world that came from a death metal song. Probably a bit of both.

Have you battled Godrick the Grafted yet? Shit's crazy, yo.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah I did Godrick. I just finished the Academy and I’m about to fight Renalla (the second demi-god boss). For any of the major bosses or the demi-gods like Godrick, I just summon in another player to help with the fight.

10. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right now, I'm doing a bit of grinding. My health, so I stop getting one shotted by everything. And my intelligence so I can use higher level sorceries.

Using Comet Azur is cheezy but is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper fun melting enemies with my sorcery laser. I'm just wrapping up some side areas before I take on Radahn. I skipped a few early side areas and figured I go back and wrap things up for extra runes and loot. Plus taking out some dragons has been pretty fun. I think I've put 40+ hours in and still have loads of content to tackle.

#5130 bebop007, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is no shame in my co-op game. Bring on the summons, and be summoned in turn.

https://youtu.be/ofUmYKoG5Bg
    I'm a bit further than all of you, and starting to reconsider this "Paladin" STR/FTH build I've been rocking. There is so much potential in ARC with bleed/rot, the damage is sadistic and absurd.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Now that I’ve beaten Renalla, I’m trying to figure out what to respec into. Up until now, I’ve been adding points into the attribute that I need at the moment. If I wanted to use a new sword, I’d pump a few levels into strength. If I’m fat-rolling because my armor, I’d through some into endurance. There hasn’t been any focus to it whatsoever.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

@GcDiaz Did you find that Radahn was ridiculously easy? I just beat him on the first try. I kept all my summons alive and just took a few random swipes with the sword and he went down.

14. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my .02, but when I respec in a Soulsborne, this is usually how I do it.

Firstly, put the minimum amount points into whatever stats you need to wield your best/favorite weapon.
    Then, take a look at which stat scales best with that weapon for damage and pump some points into that.
    After that, drop points into vigor/endurance for health and equip load.

That's typically how I do it anyway. I've been thinking about respeccing and not even bothering with stats to equip my katana anymore since I have enough magic to pretty easily carry my character. But it's such a cool weapon I have a hard time giving it up.

I think they may have nerfed Radahn in the most recent patch, but I could be wrong about that.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It might also have to do with him being the only boss that you’re actually required to beat to progress the story.

16. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ridiculously easy? No. That said I didn't make it to him until after the nerf, and I still brought two summons plus every NPC because it's fun as hell, so much chaos and bedlam and I wish there were more fights like it.

17. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The unofficial meta for this game is to get your weapon reqs, then pump vigor all the way to 40, and *then* worry about scaling damage. Have a big enough life bar that you won't get one shotted by the nastier stuff, focus on upgrading your weapons.

18. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Vigor definitely makes sense. The main story bosses (to me, anyway) seem way WAY harder than the ones in other entries so having a better health bar seems even more important. I know neglecting that for as long as I did (did I need 60 Int so early.........probably not) made things way harder. Margit would just one shot me time and time and time again. I could reliably get to his second phase and then *boom* Hammer Slam. Game Over. Now that I have all my other stats where I want them I'm likely putting everything into Vigor. Fortunately, my spell loadout lets me either wreck enemies from a distance (Hi Loretta's GreatBow!) or I can spam lower cost spells (Great Glintstone Shard) or blow enemies away in one blast (Comet Azur)

The only boss fight that's giving me trouble now is the Crystalian Trio. I'm definitely going to have to put that one off until I get my health up.

#5138 bebop007, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I've been trying to transition from a STR/DEX build to a INT build to use the Sword of Night and Flame but I'm getting one-shotted in boss fights. I might just move back to STR until I can build Vigor back up.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Finally beat ER. Holy shit was that last 1/3 of the game difficult.