Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The voice acting in Skyrim is long-standing meme. It's hilariously bad, like they paid some guy on the street to recite lines for 20 minutes on his lunch break.

I liked Skyrim. The glitches are kind of funny, but it's a hell of a big game to explore.

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which of the Thousand and One different ports did you end up going with? PS4, PS4 Special Edition, PS4 VR edition, Switch, PC....

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Xbox 1s.

I wish it was easy to port game saves to different systems.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Stardew valley is the wonderful on the switch. I like it better than the PC and got over having to start a new farm really fast.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just started re-playing Psychonauts, because I remember how much I enjoyed it the first time around but don't remember much of the game. Psychonauts 2 just came out, so eventually when I have some time, I'll probably buy it and play that.

If you haven't played the first one, I recommend it.

edit: also, games like Psychonauts (or Portal/Portal 2, or other such games with great gameplay and good nostalgia) are basically why I would consider a Steam Deck.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard for 80 gazillion dollars. Wonder if Call of Duty will become an exclusive or not. Vice swears the corporate culture problems at Blizzard are some mega issue. Not having played their games would gamers even give a fuck?

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They are already cutting a bunch employees over it. The AB CEO will stay on until the merger completes and then him and most of their C-Suite will be gone anyway. A lot of Microsoft IP is on Steam too, so it will be interesting if they shut that down to directly compete with Valve going forward.

It would be nice if Microsoft could un-fuck all the Blizzard titles, though.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mahahahahaha, thanks for the laugh.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

If you max out all the facial choices in Elden Ring

Screenshot_20220225-201521.png

He will haunt my dreams tonight.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I got Elden Ring for PS5. It’s amazing.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was looking at it... I do believe you've sold me on it.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive been seeing this getting plenty of articles. I just can't with RPGs. I think I probably made the right life decision as a kid when I went to check of Biggs for Metal Gear Solid and turned down the cashiers suggestion to pick up Final Fantasy 7.

I did download Gran Turismo 7 this weekend. Very fun but still in that grind out the beginner stage with a Toyota Yaris. I used to pick up these games because they were graphic powerhouses, just setting the bar each release. I wasnt even really into their level or realistic racing. We've kind of hit a graphical jump plateau in gaming. Game looks amazing but isn't leagues ahead like the first few were to their generation. Ive grown into one of those perfectionist gamers that has to finish games to 100% and replay each test or mini game until I get the gold. I am really liking this game.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I got GT7 also. An entire year of only PS4 games on the PS5 and I got two current-gen games in the same weekend. Haven’t touched GT7 yet, though.

I don’t usually like RPGs either and I never played any of the Souls/Borne games, but it’s really fun.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I hear you. I bought the PS5 for Ratchet and Clank and it was damn impressive. Really great graphics, although very cartoony... but still, light years ahead of previous versions.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think you’ll like Elden Ring. It’s the exact opposite of Ubisoft RPGs. It does zero hand-holding and makes you figure everything out.

17. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Speaking of figuring things out: I've been watching Dr.Lupo play Elden Ring as he figures out boss fights and such. He's got a death counter on his screen when he streams. He's up to like 550 as of today at ~100 hours into the game.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, it might be the most difficult game I’ve ever played.

19. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm trying to hold out till May and get my wife to snag me Elden Ring for my bday, but I think I'm going to breakdown and get it before then. The playthroughs I've been watching so far totally have me hooked and I'm already imagining the samurai and astrologer characters I want to build.

It doesn't help that I've been indulging in some Soulsborne games a lot recently - Got Sekiro for Xmas, started my eleventy billionth (unfinished) playthrough of Bloodborne, and *finally* wrapped up a playthrough of DSIII. It's helping scratch the Soulsborne itch..........but also making me want to play even more since it seems like Elden Ring has taken only the good parts and improved upon them even more.

#5119 bebop007, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  20. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Elden Ring is that remarkable game that takes a winning formula and reinvents it even better. Dark Souls, with all its claustrophobic challenging gameplay, but now in a huge open world where you even get a free, double-jumping speed-boosting horse to explore it at will. Go where you want, we won't stop you. But, good luck when you get there.

The last game that pulled this off was MGSV, and Elden's done it better.