Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did, but I'm having real difficulty dealing with losing my goddamn titles whenever my godtier king dies, leaving my harelipped hunchback dumbass of a son to get stabbed by someone smarter than he is. If he manages to keep his sickly ass alive, I get to have a civil war trying to get Ireland and Scotland back together, then die right before I can take over England.

Make sure your adblocker is turned off. Those will sometimes block scripts that these site need to work.

I've been playing Mass Effect. I got the trilogy years ago, but never got around to playing them. I recently found out you can mod the crap out of them to increase the visual detail and fix the annoying aspects of the game. Since I, and anybody else aren't getting any new video cards, may as well make the best of a crappy situation

2. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can always disinherit to make sure that third in line genius kid gets the throne. I get annoyed at how partition gives all the children the titles I want to keep. One method I've heard of is get a lot of bastards and legitimise the one you want as heir.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone else playing Cyberpunk 2077 tomorrow? Sounds like it’s buggy as hell, so hopefully the day 1 patch fixes a lot of it.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I won't be playing it until the weekend, but I'll be downloading it and all the patches before then.

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here, won't get a chance to play until after work tomorrow.

6. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

I've heard it's got a lot of crashtastic performance. You might want to let it soak on your gaming PC while you're working so you don't spend a frustrated weekend trying to play.

7. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been nonstop crashes for me. I think I'm being overwhelmingly and naively optimistic that it'll run on my computer even on all the lowest possible settings. I may give it a week to sort stuff out. And if that doesn't happen, just get a refund on Steam and buy it for my PS4 instead.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

PS4 sounds REALLY bad right now...

9. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah.........I've been hearing a lot of that too. I'm going to try to be smart/patient about it and maybe wait til I get my PS5 next year and try it on that.

10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard console wise it won't be any good unless you've got the next-gen systems.

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I'm just gonna play Deus Ex instead, I've had their last game sitting on my shelf for years and 2077 really sounds like "DX, but from the makers of the Witcher series".

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Out of curiosity, what are your PC specs? I’m going to start it up this morning and I’m running:

-Intel i7 4790S
    -GTX 1060
    -16 GB RAM

I was hoping to have a new GPU and CPU for the release, but the market is fucked right now.

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's painfully obvious that 2077 started as a PS4/XBONE game, with every intention of running well and fulfilling its vision on that generation's hardware, and then the half step consoles came out, and then the next gen consoles were announced, so they just decided to fuck all that and moved development to the next tier. What PS4/XBONE players are buying today is nothing but a next gen game that's been downscaled, but just barely. I almost preordered and I'm glad I didn't; my 7 yr old base PS4 would've never been able to handle it proper.

14. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not as good as that, for sure. I think my idiot brain reasoned it this way "You played Witcher 3 fine. At every possible minimum setting, you could probably stumble through this". You know, being able to play a five year old game totally translates to being able to play a game that was hyped to push PC settings to the absolute limit and as others mentioned, likely meant for next gen consoles. Not an intelligent move on my part by any stretch.

I'm thinking I may just chill on this until I get my PS5 next year. I was looking at throwing down a decent chunk of money for a custom built desktop, but that's a year or two down the line.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I hear ya. Everything in my rig is 4-5 years old at this point. As for the game, after a lot of tweaking, I got it up to about 45-50 FPS at 1080p, which was fairly surprising. It doesn’t look anywhere near as good as it does in the gameplay trailers, but it’s good enough.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah, it sounds like it’s getting 30 FPS inconsistently on the PS4, which is unacceptable for a AAA game. The game is getting torched on Reddit for being woefully incomplete. I don’t think it’s that bad and I’m not running nearly the amount of bugs some people are. For an open world game, though, it does feel pretty shallow in some ways. A lot of stuff in the environment is just there and can’t be interacted with. NPCs are on an obvious loop and the enemy AI is garbage. It feels like the developers tried to make a hybrid of Deus Ex and GTA 5 and never quite got there with either one. My biggest personal gripe is the amount of dialogue. I get that it’s an RPG, but if I wanted to watch a cyberpunk movie I’d go watch Blade Runner. Otherwise, the game environment is insanely immersive and absolutely beautiful. It just needed to bake another six months.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Totally unplayable.

[​IMG]

18. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The video I was waiting for. These guys are pretty much the authority when it comes to this stuff, and what they show here proves what I was saying: this is a PS5/Series game that's been downgraded for lesser platforms, the equivalent of a Switch port. On the intended hardware, it runs great, if you happen to have it. Honestly I wonder what the official "next gen upgrade" will do, besides a locked 60fps and fancier lens flare. Protip: buy it now while everyone hates on it and it's cheaper, throw it in your next gen console if/when you ever get your hands on one.
    https://youtu.be/l0aZocGxy3I

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been reading around about it on the interwebz. Seems to be getting quite the roasting but it seems like it’s well deserved. This has been arguably one of the most anticipated game releases I’ve ever seen. They hyped it to death. Keanu Reeves and everything. Showed strategic clips of game play. And then rolled out something completely insufficient. I bet they were afraid more of the backlash of further delays than a bad rollout.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’ve played for about 6 hours so far and other than the glaring technical issues, it’s tough to describe what seems off about it. A lack of fluidity in the gameplay maybe? I'm not quite sure. It just feels unfinished. Combat is a generally clunky experience and the stealth mechanics feel useless in a lot situations.