Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone getting the PS5 out this week? Xbox X series? I really liked the Spiderman for ps4. Ill probably pick that up with the Call Of Duty. It's really a force of habit these day. I barely play games like I used to. Still game price to hours played is the best bang for your buck entertainment you can get money wise.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My wife is getting me a PS5 for Christmas. I don’t even really care, I just don’t know what else to tell her to get me. I’d rather have a RTX 3080, but since Nvidia fucked up their release, I can’t get one. The AMD Big Navi cards supposedly beat it though, so we’ll see when they’re released next week.

3. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm holding out for a PS5 but I am sorely tempted by that All Access deal for a Series S, 2 years of Gamepass Ultimate + XBL Gold. $25/month, 2 year contract. The math's been done, you save money over buying it all yourself, it's just the commitment more than anything. Netflix-level access to their library dating back to 2001?

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is going to be the first console i don't have on release. I have always been a computer gamer, but always played console as well. I have played a few games here or there on the ps4 but i barely touch it so unfortunately i am not going for one plus with none in stores and only online it really helps my decision.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Dumb question maybe but how are you guys even getting your ps5? I'm under the impression that they are doing online sales only and that bots are snapping them up.

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today, walmart is releasing multiple batches, at 12n, 3p, 6p... and so forth. I'm gonna try for noon, if I don't get it then I'll just bide my time. Can't really afford it now anyway.

7. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, WOW. These bots are brutal, I never even got the option to buy. From "available at 12pm" to "out of stock, come back at 3p" in the course of one refresh. That's it for me, good luck to y'all.

8. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp, 3p was only slightly better. One last go at 6p.

Attached Files:

9. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not bothering with either, really don't need more distractions and I've been spending more time outside with the new partner.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tried a 6 and 9. At 6 I actually got it into my cart and entered my address, by the time I got to the payment screen it say it was out of stock. At 9 I had pre loaded address and payment. Didnt even get it into my cart. Fucking shit show. Im convinced Sony pull this production issue shit each launch to gin up a frenzy of marketing buzz. Wal Mart handling was piss poor too.

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friends who tried to get an Xbox said the same thing.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

There's a website that keeps track of online stock. The longest the ps5 was in stock was 4 min a few times on the Sony site. Everywhere else is selling out in seconds.

I think physical Gamestop locations are getting 2 units per store. I've heard it through the grapevine that people with connections to the store are getting units here and there so it may not be a fair fight on the limited stock available.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I downloaded "POPCART/Genius Alerts" chrome app that "alerts" you when they are in stock. It goes off 5 times and hour that WalMart had them. Never once did I click on the link to the WalMart website and see it in stock. If it really was in stock Im guessing the bots got them before I could load the page. Im guessing the app is just BS. The only other alerts were for people scalping them on amazon for 1200 bucks.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Has anyone here played Days Gone on PS4? I've watched about 20 hours of the game play/story on you tube and it looks remarkable. Remarkable enough that I bought a copy of the game...and I still don't have a PS4, I will eventually and just wanted this game waiting on deck when that day comes.

The graphics are amazing, it's got a good story, and most important (To me at least) it takes place in area I'm familiar with...the woods of the Pacific Northwest.

I'm just curious if any of y'all have played it and what your thoughts are. The guy that posted the youtube videos kept referencing reviews weren't that good for the game. but he goes on at length on how much he loves the game.

15. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never played it, but from all accounts it is a perfectly good open world game. Like Mad Max, another good game that simply got lost in the hype of its competition.

16. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't played this either, but I remember thinking it looked fun when it came out so thanks for the reminder. I just downloaded it last night and will probably put some time in on it over the holidays when I have nothing else to do and the time to get a feel for the game.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone play Crusader Kings III?

18. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

CKIII has always intrigued me, but I'm bad enough with just Civ6 and managing my off time. I don't think I could do an even more involved game.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walmart dot com. Joke again. I got stuck in a captcha loop. Never got anything added to my cart.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Witcher 3 for xbox was on sale so hubs bought it for me. It was a little more to buy the expansions separately but it was worth it to me to keep my game save.

We recently canceled games pass because we just didnt have time to use it much. Might pick it up again if it goes on sale over Christmas . I think last year they sold a year pass for $60 or something stupid .