Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would say realism. Increased immersion into the game... not necessarily the full VR effect, but with increased hardware capabilities and improved game physics and graphics, games are becoming more and more realistic.

The latest Resident Evil 2 teaser is a good example.

If you look at the realism around rain, puddles, heat radiating, wind in grass effects, etc, things are getting closer and closer to real world.... which sucks you into the game more.

The CyberPunk2077 game looks incredible... it's easy to look all "Blade Runner" like when it's dark and shadowy, but they seem to be pulling off that effect during daytime.

From a purely technical perspective, it's the almost subliminal improvements that you don't really notice that will have the biggest impact.

Failing that, game AI and story will be the biggest drivers, in my opinion. If you have a great story, and strong gameplay, then the tech doesn't matter. Case in point, the N64 GoldenEye is still one of my all-time favourite games. From 1997. It just fucking rocks. Shit hardware, old-school game engine, etc, but a fucking blast to play.

2. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone get the new Spiderman game yet?

3. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What, is everyone playing Red Dead Redemption 2?

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. And while I have to say it’s a nice looking game, it’s not really grabbing me. Also, I’m only a few hours into it and have already had a couple of weird kind of glitchy things occur.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I tried RDR2 and I just couldn’t get into it, same problem I had with RDR1. GTA gets boring after a while, so I figured this would too. Maybe I’m just over doing the hunt-and-fetch mission games these days, I don’t know. Just not my cup of tea anymore.

Hitman 2 on the other hand is a ton of fun. Really enjoying it.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive wondered about RDR2 and the SpiderMan game. Ill end up getting one of them plus Black ops 4 this Friday. I downloaded God of War 4 6 months ago and still havent played 5 minutes of it.