Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I really have to wonder who DOESN'T have a shit-ton of Steam games that they bought but never played?

Their sales are incredibly effective.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My oldest has over 100 of their games and certainly does not have the time to play all of them. Worse, he is teaching his younger brothers the same thing.

3. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've picked The Division back up lately with the new patch and I have to say if you ever considered playing it, now is the time. I sincerely feel like they nailed it with this one. There is so much stuff to do in this game it is crazy. There is the full story mode, the PVP/PVE Dark Zone, as well as several different game modes that are both PVE and PVP. They have finally figured out the balancing issues and have it to where there isn't just a single meta to be used by all. There is still a big player base (at least on PS4) and plenty of pick up teams out there.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds? Its insanely addicted and recently beat LoL as the most played game on Steam. Man, if DayZ wasnt such a shitty game it could have been this. What a missed opportunity.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not just the most played game on steam. It is played more then all the other games combined. It has hit almost 3 million people playing at once. And yes it is so fucking addictive, even thou there are so many issues.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There are, its true. I give them the benefit of the doubt though, its still a pre-release version fo the game. For it to be this put together is fairly impressive. They need to fix some mechanics, add vaulting, and some graphics rendering. But overall, its really fucking fun. I've only won one solo match and when it was over I was too jacked up to fall asleep. Its insanely nerve wracking late game.

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Truthfully I just want them to fix the desync issues, and add vaulting, fix a few bugs and it would be great. My steam id is wexton2010 if you ever want to play a game.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Word, I PM'd you. I'll hit you up next time Im online. Yeah, the desync issues are a big problem and i randomly get booted out of the game and back to desktop, but thats rare. The new map is going to be released sometime this month and its pretty fun on the test servers.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else get the new Call of Duty WWII? It's actually a decent return to the series after a few years of junk. War game mode is fun and theyve balanced a bunch of issues out with kill streaks and weapon's strengths.

10. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The wife bought me a PS4 with Star Wars Battlefront II for xmas. I'm already planning on getting Uncharted 4. What other games are must haves for this system? I love the Uncharted series and the Arkham games on PS3.

ETA: I bought the Uncharted trilogy and Uncharted 4, Arkham Knight, and Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 for the kids.

#4850 $100T2, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  11. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you have any genres in particular you like or avoid?

If you like rpgs, I would definitely recommend Persona 5. That game has basically owned my soul since I purchased it.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fortnite. It's a free download battle royale, and goddamn, is that game addictive. I still suck at it, but it's the most fun I've had playing a multiplayer shooter pvp since counterstrike.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anything first person gives me motion sickness so I avoid anything that can't be set to 3rd person. Other than that I'm pretty open.

I still have a PS3 so I have NBA 2K, FIFA, and all the other Lego games on that.

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last of Us is basically Uncharted with zombies from my understanding. Great game with an even better story.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have that on the PS3, it's good shit.

16. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on this and you mentioning that you enjoyed the Arkham series, I would give Witcher 3 a try.

It has that wide open sandbox feel of the Arkham games with some rpgish (leveling talents/abilities) qualties. The battle system had a similar feel as well. Except your finishing movies aren't so much "do a flying dropkick" but "cleave this poor dumb bastard in half with a greatsword".

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1.0 dropped a week ago. Cant say I am a fan of the new map. Not because I don't know it near as well, but because of its size. It is so huge that you either drop with someone and die right away, or you kill the guy then you don't see anyone until the last 20 guys. Also the loot density sucks, and the building layouts suck.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

$17 harbor freight roller stand and $10 in wood.

Attached Files:

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

nice idea

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nicely done! And yeah, that is a great idea.