Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The be all end all Cereal thread. Oh it's here.

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by c_norris, Nov 6, 2009.

?

Which of the more popular cereals is your favorite?

1. Captain Crunch

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. (Honey Nut) Cheerios

26 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch

42 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Cocoa puffs

6 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Corn Flakes

7 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Count Chocula

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Froot Loops

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Frosted Flakes

20 vote(s)
    9.0%
  9. Frosted Mini-Wheats

8 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Honeycomb

6 vote(s)
    2.7%
  11. Lucky Charms

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  12. Raisin Bran (I hate my life)

7 vote(s)
    3.1%
  13. Reese's Puffs

15 vote(s)
    6.7%
  14. Rice Krispies

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  15. Shreddies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Sugar Crisp

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  17. Special K

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  18. Trix

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  19. Other

28 vote(s)
    12.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Count me in for cinnamon toast crunch. That is some gloriously spectacular cereal. I hear it gets soggy rather quickly, but I wouldn't know since I inhale a bowl in less than 30 seconds. The only thing wrong with CTC is the fact that it costs about 6 bucks for a tiny box that gets you about 4 bowls worth. But considering the fact that only the most noble and worthy of souls can actually find, and ascent the forbidden sugar mountain (which, according to legend, is guarded by The Cinnamonster) to harvest the stuff, it's fairly reasonably priced. Supply and demand my friends.

2. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love cereal. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Every time I go to the grocery story I get a different brand than the last time because it's all so goddamn delicious. The ones I'm always glad I come back to: Lucky Charms, Special K, Smacks and Cookie Crisp. Also, just plain granola with milk. That shit hits the spot.

I voted Lucky Charms.

3. amyjrn23

amyjrn23
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

How in the hell are we 2 pages into this thread and no one has mentioned the greatest cereal of all time. OF ALL TIME!
    Yeah, I'm gonna say it. I gotta have my pops.

Attached Files:

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In weighing Cinnamon Toast Crunch against Reese's Puffs. I had to go with Reese's Puffs because they simply do not leave that gritty film on the roof of your mouth like CTC. I think both are about on the same level taste wise. I'd also give the edge to Reese's ability to stay drier longer. CTC get too soggy.

5. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to cover Cinnamon Toast Crunch in thick layer of honey (same with Eggos, but they got too soggy too quick).

To this day my favorite treat is frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Reese's Puffs were the absolute epitome of awesomeness.

However, what the HELL happened to Smacks?

[​IMG]

Black jesus, that shit was like crack in cereal form. I vividly remember, if not miss, having 3-4 bowls of it in one sitting. Smacks was the absolute shit.

Nowadays, I put grape nutts, milk, a bit of honey and sugar in the microwave for about a minute and a half. It tastes like nursing home and molasses, but damnit, it's good.

6. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

1. Frosted Flakes rule yea verily.
    2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the poll leader as of this moment isn't bad, until it turns to vomit-inducing mush in milk like every other kiddie cereal.
    3. Raisin Bran and other old people cereals are not bad.

7. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Another vote for "Other", I mean Fruity Pebbles.

Loved Apple Jacks, too. Didn't see it mentioned before.

Also, Cap'n Crunch (with or without crunchberries) was a great sugary opiate, but it always tore the shit out of the roof of my mouth. Whenever I ate it I knew I'd have to pay for it later.

Never liked Sugar Smacks. Maybe because my sister talked me into shoving one of them up my nose and I couldn't get it out. (It's gone now.)

8. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Can I use this thread as a place to bitch about flaked cereals? Don't get me wrong I love a number of flaked cereals. Honey bunches of oats is probably my favorite cereal ever. But is there any god damn way to pour the milk in without having it hit one of those damn cup shaped flakes that make the milk spill all over the god damn counter top?

This is what is often missing from discussions of favorite cereals. People only talk about the taste but what about all the other factors? Frosted mini wheats is awesome but it is impossible to control your milk to cereal ratio because you can't find the fucking things. Floaters have their own issue in that since they all rise to the top, they start spilling out even with a slightly below adequate amount of milk. Flakes are a nice compromise but they have the aforementioned problem. Taking all these things into account, which is really the best cereal?

The answer: Oatmeal

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is called pouring gently along the side of the bowl and not trying to be the hands in a fucking raisin bran commercial.

10. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's called not pissing on the floor. Fuck cereal anyways. Haven't eaten it since I was a zygote. Pigs-n-chickens will do from now on.

11. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Rice Krispies.

[​IMG]

Seriously, can't you just see every little kernel of puffed rice swell with milk? The light sweetness applied to the pieces of cereal soak into the milk, making it ever so subtly tastier and lighter on the tongue?

Rice Krispies: the cereal of subtlety.

12. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Oh, yeah, the mushy cereal that approximates oat meal.

13. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds about right.

14. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kid Texted, Mother Approved.

Like Michael Jackson.

Attached Files:

15. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a revolving three-cereal stable of my favorites: Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Corn Pops. Sometimes the first two will leave a weird "old sugar" taste in my mouth even after I brush my teeth, Corn Pops (strangely, it's not like it has any less sugar) doesn't seem to do that.

16. Saint

Saint
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Even though I am now an adult who tries to eat healthy most of the year, around Halloween we get the gift that is the elusive Boo Berry. My favorite part of the holy trinity of Halloween cereals. As it is only available here at this time of year I try to get at least get 3 boxes and recreate the morning sugar high from my youth for at least a month

17. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honey Nut Cheerios are fucking delicious, and I remain amazed that their competitor cereals puff their rings. Haven't they observed the master enough? You make it a hard ring of cereal goodness, that only softens when milk is added to it.
    I've had off-brand Cocoa Pebbles, which were pretty decent, and Cinnamon Toasters, which are in my opinion better than Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Once I run out of normal cereal, it's back to oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon for me. Mmmm, I can taste the fiber!

18. Khaga

Khaga
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

because it fuckin sucks. it has three different kinds of flakes and they are all terrible

19. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Boo Berry: It's the flavor of my childhood....

Wait, that didn't sound good.

Attached Files:

20. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My current nostalgia faves (read: I sneak em from my kid's stash) are frosted flakes and lucky charms. Those never get old.

I remember a go to sugar buzz when I was a kid was to pour a bowl of rice krispies, sprinkle a few spoonfuls of sugar on top, and then pour on the milk. I'd take a couple of seconds to listen to the wicked cool snap crackle pop. Then I'd start eating the cereal, making sure that I scraped the bowl with each spoonful because the sugar would have settled to the bottom. I had it down to a science, always making sure I had enough sugar in each spoonful, and always making sure I finished the bowl before the rice krispies turned to mush.

When I'm in the mood to be an adult, I like Basic Four. There's all kinds of bits and pieces in there, some of it unidentifiable, but it's pretty damn tasty for grown up stuff.

What's with all the cinnamon toast crunch love? I've occasionally eaten it snacklike in the car on the way to work, but the idea of putting it in milk makes me gag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.