Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Avatar Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scotchcrotch, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My avatar on the old board was always Louise Brooks because she's cool and everyone said I looked like her, but then on this board I had the genius idea of showing my face for a little while. Then I realized that was probably unwise and opted for a less recognizable, perhaps more flattering, shot of myself.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like to change it up from time to time. Usually I choose something to do with the things I really love most: baseball, boots, and booze. This time around, I went with one of my favorite pictures ever. It used to say "welcome to London" at the top but I cut that out. I figured I'd keep it simple with Jason Statham, the sexiest man alive, and my favorite word, cunt. Why? Because he's awesome and I am one.

3. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just sent this to Bundy Bear as well, but both posts reminded me of this little guy:

[​IMG]

4. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My avatar is a metroid from the video game series of the same name. I call him Rover. I also use him as an avatar other places too so if you see someone with it, it's probably me, especially if the username has some Wicked derivative.

I had Samus as my avatar on the old board but that particular picture of her matched perfectly with the color scheme on that board. It would look funky on this one. I am not above using Link as my avatar either but I haven't checked to see if it matches.

And if you were wondering, the answer is yes, I might have actually considered naming this baby Samus if it'd been a girl. We had a totally different uncommon (but not weird) girl's name picked out but if she'd looked like a Samus, I would have done it.

5. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's a photoshopped picture (since Duff beer doesn't exist in Futurama) of my favorite character Bender from my favorite cartoon Futurama and the Duff beer pays homage to The Simpsons, my second favorite cartoon. Like Bender I enjoy drinking, breaking social conventions and crude, offensive humor. And it's a hold over from the TMMB days.

6. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mine was sent to me by a kind soul on this board because I didn't have one, and I like hockey. It's also a fairly accurate depiction of how well I play hockey, so it's a win/win.

7. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Simple. My name and avatar is for the most badass character on a favorite show of mine.

8. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mine is the logo for the footy team I follow.

9. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Scruffy from Futurama, just relaxing and enjoy the view.

10. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have an unhealthy love for the Washington Redskins, and a loathing distain for the hobbit that owns the team. I'll be changing it soon, probably with a Google image of the word natural light.

11. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Big round, fake tits. I like tits, thats why.

I wish I still had the original, or knew who it was.

12. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Mine is what I came up trying for a self-portrait using the South Park character generator. Don't really have a good reason for using it other than I already ahd it and it worked well avatar-size.

13. PrimaryDisorder

PrimaryDisorder
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

14. shadowofadoubt

shadowofadoubt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It's from the comic "Scalped". Read it.

My friend best described it as "The Wire" on a native reserve.

15. ClaireV

ClaireV
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The album cover for a local band that I like. They're called Do Make Say Think.

16. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

my avatar is my unfinished back piece. I love it and hate it. Love it because it's awesome, hate it because I never have the money or time to get it finished. It's been so damn long now I don't even know that the artist would remember me.

17. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In the tradition of idiots bumping old threads...

Every once in a blue moon, divine intervention means I can lay claim to a small piece of wit. Largely improvised on the day, I gave a friend of mine the best birthday present I could imagine: a framed picture of my with a shit eating grin and two thumbs up, some hand lotion and a box of tissues. I've been trading on this joke for years now, it's a reminder of past glory.

18. NurseNikki

NurseNikki
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I started using this avatar on the old RMMB board, as retaliation for the much overused 'he's so gay he wears rainbow [insert clothing/flag/bracelet] The actual picture says:

"Rainbows.... Not as gay as you think"

I still use it because every time I change it, I get pm's asking where it went.

Attached Files:

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A guy I knew from working with the CRA (central roadracing assoc) in Brainerd, MN as a kid. Right after he hit the pavement, the other guy on his team, who was right behind him, ran over his head. Only cracked his helmet, but it was scary as shit, and then awesome. His name is Charles Rutherford III, but everyone calls him Chachi.

20. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Found mine while killing time on uglypeople.com a long time ago. I thought it was fucking hilarious and saved it to my computer. Years later I needed an avatar for the RMMB and found this gem hidden deep in my hard drive. Used it ever since. I've gotten quite a few comments about it though. Apparently it can cause extreme anxiety and panic attacks in certain people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.