Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Avatar Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scotchcrotch, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My avatar is Alice from Twilight for two reasons:

1. She is delicious and I want to intercourse her bad.

2. I like making everyone think I'm a lesbian.

2. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have no idea who is in my avatar.

3. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Skull and cross bone/gavel, because I think I'm more of a bad ass than I really am.

4. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a friend that works with Bureaucrash that created a parody of a common Marxist staple. I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen and agreed with the sentiment, so I adopted it as an avatar ever since. I also thought their Enjoy Capitalism graphic was pretty clever.

5. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Picture of Peahi Bay (Jaws), on Maui, obviously I didn't take it. I used to live right up the road from Jaws, basically in a total country house that was awesome, big yard and all. Put this pic up as an avatar right after I watched a couple guys surf Jaws when it was absolutely going off, it was fucking amazing.

The only reason it's still around is that it was my avatar on RMMB for awhile when I was under a different username, so I figured it'd be easier for folks to remember me that way.

6. Danfromyuma

Danfromyuma
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Mine is of a local weatherman. He was playing with boobies while off air and this got leaked from a disgruntled ex-employee. He actually acted as though he were licking the nipples and twisting them. Oh, the horror. He still has his job and still gives out false weather reports but he can twist a nice nipple.

7. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My avatar is some stupid flash art that I copied of some website. I had it on the old board.

I grabbed the picture because my son is a really fat baby. He just turned 1 and he weighs 28 pounds. You remember that kid who got denied health insurance because he was too fat-- my son was bigger. He may even be as big as the kid in the picture.

8. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. Both are awesome, and much like he's doing, they both rock. I was watching the episode, "I miss Corey and Trevor (when they are stealing meat from the grocery store)," and Bubbles is jamming out while stoned out of his head. I thought this would make an awesome animated gif, so fired up PhotoShop and ended up with this.

9. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just made mine from the Advice Dog generator. Considering half of my CP points were generated by this avatar, I decided to keep it. That way, I feel like people actually like me.

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been asked so many times if my avatar was actually me I had to post an explanation in my signature.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Tim Wakefield the longest standing member of the Red Sox. He throws a ridiculously fast fastball (we're talkin high 60's) but is better known for his knuckleball. He's an everyman type of guy, doesn't make a lot of noise, and has served every single possible roll in the pitching rotation from starter to closer over his tenure.

If you ever see a #49 jersey at Fenway there's a 50% chance it's me wearing it. Otherwise it's Mr. Wakefield himself.

11. grubes47

grubes47
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Mine is a picture of Darth Revan from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. This is my all time favorite video game, which I have beat way to many times.

12. BrotherNumberOne

BrotherNumberOne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't know who this guy is or what's going on here, all I know is that someone just really pissed him off!

13. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bullshit, it's Jack dressed up as a pimp because of my impeccable MS Paint skills.

My avatar changes whenever I'm in the mood, it's usually a picture of a personal hero of mine. In this case it isn't Tyler Durden, it's Brad Pitt who I admire. I mean, anyone who gets to be so cool* and stick it to Angelina Jolie every night is my hero. He also produced THE DEPARTED, which I am currently watching.

*See: 12 Monkeys, True Romance, The Ocean's 11 movies

I'm waiting till Chater changes his avatar so I can whip out my own Jack Nicholson one.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's that guy from Fargo acting like Euro-Trash in a VW commercial. They were hilarious commercials too. Peter Stromare I think is his name.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I had a shrunk down picture of myself as my avatar for about 5 seconds before I realized that I didn't want to display myself to the TiB. I should go with something more generic, like a googled pair of boobs. Yeah!

16. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Do I really need to say that it's Megaman?

Why?

Well honestly it's not because it's Megaman, it's just for that awesome expression. I'd think it's really obvious, but in case it isn't...

I like giving the initial impression that I'm a complete babbling idiot. If nothing else it means that if I turn out to actually be an idiot no one is surprised and I lose nothing. On the other hand if I say something really concise and intelligent then people are pleasantly surprised and I gain a positive impression.

That's it.

I simultaneously have the freedom to babble like a cokehead parrot and/or make incisively intelligent statements. With no baseline expectation, the only place to go is up. Same idea as Jimmy Carr puts forth from 4:30 to 5:00 in this clip.

In case you don't know the impression Jimmy gives onstage...

#56 Allord, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. Lorelei

Lorelei
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I like red wine. I also spill red wine a lot...though the wine patterns all over my rugs, floor, couch, walls, and dogs are never in such an appealing shape.

18. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like silly, stupid bear pictures. I'm not sure exactly why.

[​IMG]

My current avatar, the WWF bears are meant to be funny. And, if the hippies at World Wildlife Fund get mad...

19. The Beer Baron

The Beer Baron
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Picture of me. In Algonquin Provincial Park, drinking some vodka thing that my buddy brought because the mini-keg was in the lake getting chilled. Thats right, we portaged a fucking mini-keg. Actually we went back for the second one a day later.

20. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine is John Wayne doing what he did best, knocking the shit out of stupid people. I use this avatar on my blog as well. I tend to have a "What Would John Wayne Do ? " atitude in life, or at least try to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.