Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Well tonight they're only down 19 at the half, so I guess that's progress. But seriously, what the hell is happening? From 73-9 in the regular season to getting potentially blown out in two consecutive games to go down 3-1 in the series is a borderline collapse. Curry's shot isn't falling and Green's disappeared. Your boys better fix that or they're not gonna be around much longer.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well it looks like right now that the Warriors may have been the best team in basketball most of the year, but clearly OKC is either the better team or at least playing much better than the Dubs right now. Same thing happened 40 years ago when the Dubs lost to Phoenix in the Western Finals after having the best record in basketball that year. We will see what happens in Oakland, but it certainly does not look good for the Warriors.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It looks like having two legitimate 7-foot centers and a 6'11" small forward on the court at the same time is a viable counter to the small ball trend. Draymond Green has been a non-factor, and I think a big part of that is due to all that length clogging the passing lanes inside. It's the same reason I would have loved to have seen Miami get a crack at Cleveland with both Whiteside and Bosh healthy.

4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I agree. I don't think that you can rely on outside shooting come playoff time, even with Curry and Thompson. This has also been a problem for the Raptors.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice to see the Dubs force a game six. Based on how game 5 went, unless OKC just completely comes out flat, I think game 6 will be the end of the Dubs run for 2016. OKC is just the better team at this time.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which is a shame, because I don't think OKC matches up very well against Cleveland. They can't really punish Love and Irving as defenders and Durant is their only real option for defending Lebron.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Welp, back to Oakland. OKC gonna get annihilated if Durant and Westbrook can't fix their shooting. And the stupidity; talk about pissing the game away. OKC possessions in the final 2 minutes:

1:39 - Russell Westbrook lost ball turnover (Andre Iguodala steals)
    1:25 - Kevin Durant misses 25-foot three point jumper
    0:55 - Russell Westbrook out of bounds lost ball turnover
    0:35 - Russell Westbrook bad pass (Andre Iguodala steals)
    0:12 - Russell Westbrook bad pass (Stephen Curry steals)
    0:07 - Kevin Durant lost ball turnover (Harrison Barnes steals)

#87 Trakiel, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I prefer to think the last two minutes was Golden State finally playing the defense that they can play. Anyways, I was wrong, Golden State can win in OKC and Monday night is going to be fun. Win or lose.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

San Antonio fans, that is how you beat a more athletic team that is on a hot streak. I did not think the Dubs could come back from being down 3-1, but I am going to enjoy the NBA finals. San Antonio fans can now rest assured that the Warriors would have beaten them in a showdown last year as well as this year.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a little disappointed that it seemed like the Thunder gave up a little too soon. I mean, it's the last game of your season no matter what, you might as well foul down 7 with a minute left.

That said, I am moderately happy with the finals matchup. I think that Spurs-Cavs would have been slightly more entertaining, but Cavs-Thunder would have been a curbstomp.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Warriors just won a finals game where Curry scored 11 points and had a +/- of 0.

I really wish we could have seen how good Shaun Livingston could have been without the knee explosion. Dude could have been a taller Oscar Robertson.

12. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Cavs body language is horrible; they look done. They need a monumental shift come Game 3 to have any semblance of a chance, and with Kevin Love entering the concussion protocol, it's not looking good.

You have to hand it to the Warriors bench, they have without a doubt been the difference in the series, with Curry/Thompson only getting 55 combined these first two games.

The Warriors truly are just fun to watch. As a Spurs fan, game recognizes game.

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Three down and one to go. It would be nice to have a championship actually clinched in the Bay Area for once.

14. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Draymond suspended for Game 5. Will be interesting to see how that affects them, as he obviously plays such a pivotal role. Not gonna lie, I get tired of some of his antics...

15. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Goddammit NO

I'm fine with the #5 for Butler but obviously the Bulls would want more. More to the point, trading for Butler means one of Wiggins-LaVine-Rubio would need to be moved as well (and likely included in a Butler trade), and I don't want to lose any of those guys. This also comes on the heels of some rumors a few weeks ago that Rubio would be moved and a PG drafted to be his replacement. Fucking hell the Wolves are on the precipice of something great so don't fuck it up with stupid trades.

#95 Trakiel, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Recall that any trade offer the Wolves make would need to be better than what Boston could offer. Boston would almost certainly part with the #3 pick for Butler, and probably a lot more considering they seem to have half the picks in the draft and a surplus of guards. At a minimum, the Wolves would likely have to top something like "#3, Avery Bradley, and the #35 pick."

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I'm counting on this to squash any realistic potential trade.

18. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well Fuck. Congratulations Cleveland.

19. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I guess God doesn't hate Cleveland anymore.

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's Cleveland. Throwing them a bone every half century doesn't exactly equate to love. Give it 72 hours until everyone remembers that they still live in Cleveland.

But that being said, congrats to the Cavs. If only because I take more pleasure in watching lil' bitch Steph Curry shit the bed for the past 3 games. Bye Ayesha.