Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I'm going to start the thread off with this and cry. http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/26/derrick-rose-sued-for-gang-rape/

I don't like this story one bit, she starts off with a bunch of shit that isn't illegal, just not Puritan. "During that time, Rose allegedly tried to pressure her to masturbate in front of him, allow him to have sex with her friends and engage in group sex with strangers, all of which she says she refused." Sounds like trying to make him look bad so she can cash out. None of that stuff would really mean anything in a legal lawsuit. Why not file a criminal case instead of a civil one? Hm...can't wait for these details to come out.

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Next 2 paragraphs:
    Obviously it's only an accusation, but it's quite more than just not puritan.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I meant to say, those random statements at the beginning of the article in and of themselves aren't illegal. It makes me think it's a money play to just make him look bad outside the possible rape. A person could have also donated millions of dollars to charity, but that's completely separate from the alleged crime. That's all I'm saying. Yes, the next two paragraphs are something different, but I just don't know why those first few statements are tossed out there.

4. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Derek Rose is still playing basketball? I thought he was on disability.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Broke into her motherfucking apartment? Like kicked down the door to come gang-rape her? And there was no police report from any of this?

Also, they were dating and she was at his house when he tried to date-rape her? What in the fuck?

Again, this is not victim shaming, this is just out of NOWHERE, 2 years after the fact, and seems very outlandish. For all of his injuries and poor handling of the media around them, since his SAT scandal, D Rose has kept his nose clean despite being from a war zone and living in the city close to those bad influences from his youth, and has done great stuff in the community. Its not a where there is smoke, there is fire, like people say about the Patrick Kane situation.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Fantastic article on Tim Duncan's hot rod speed shop

Whereas most guys spend their off-season by Vegas pools and getting DWIs, this dude tricks out rides in his very successful car customization shop.

Saw him last weekend at a local grocery store, middle of the day when it was crowded as shit just casually walking around getting ready for what looked like a BBQ. No one was bothering him, even though he's the most famous face in the city. And fans wonder why players love being in SA.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Accidents like this happen, and Derrick Rose isn't the prettiest man. The mask actually might help him out. Luckily he's not going to be out for any extended period of time. Also, hopefully it keeps him from talking because every time he opens his mouth people get pissed off.

I'm tired of people jumping on athletes for very logical shit they say. All the owners can talk all they want about making billions of dollars off these guys, fleecing the TV stations and getting more and more money back from the players. Everyone can talk about the money except the actual product. Now it's not like someone asked him about his jump shot and he went into a tirade about money, he was prompted and as we should WANT from people, he answered honestly and directly with his thoughts.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or cause he's the most boring motherfucker alive and people weren't ready for a nap that would ensure from talking to him. Great, legendary player, but yea.

Disagree. I'm a D Rose fan, always have been. One of the most exciting players in the league over the last decade when he was healthy. I also think he's a really nice guy with good intentions. That being said he's an absolute stone cold moron. I think he's been unfairly castigated at times for his comments, but when you haven't played a full season in years, nobody wants to fucking hear about your thoughts on a contract that is 2 years away. Its like your girlfriend asking you how she looks in an outfit, on your first night out together after you missed her birthday because of a business trip and then told everyone at dinner about how much fun a strip club was on that trip. Honesty is asked for, yes, but sometimes temper your phrasing and comments given the environment.

Reggie Rose, D Rose's older brother, was instrumental and amazing in sheparding him through his AAU years and to the leagues, largely keeping him well advised and out of trouble. But the last 3 years, he's been terrible and done nothing to help the PR nightmare Rose's career has become.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

11. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So apparently the Wolves are going to be coached this season by Sam Mitchell. Why am I now worried about how the potential success of the Towns-Wiggins era?

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, Minnesota is going to prioritize development over winning for a couple years anyway, and they've got Garnett to help with that. If they pick up some solid second or third tier guys as the cap increases, I could see them being contenders by the end of Wiggins's rookie contract.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I really like the Wolves, always have always will. Now their roster is looking pretty solid though. If (and that's a big IF) they can trade Rubio for some assets they're going to take a huge leap.

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Noooooo, I like watching Rubio too much to want him to be traded. He's still young! He can learn to shoot! Jason Kidd!

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he hasn't learned yet, he's never going to. He's 24, he can improve a shot, but he can't get one out of nowhere.

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I HAVE FAITH IN RICKY.

[​IMG]

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched pre-season basketball yesterday, watching the two teams play on a court that wasn't either of theirs was something I couldn't mentally get used to.

19. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I keep getting this feeling that My Beloved Bulls will explode at some point during the season due to the Rose and Butler coming to a head. We have the potential (like every other fucking year) to be the second best team in the East (seriously, fuck Lebron), so this feeling unsettles me....

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm deeply troubled by this. Jimmy is trying to play Point Guard now or something. We don't have Thibs who would shut this shit down and get people in line. No idea what this new coach is going to do but I'd hate for the reason we lose to be internal conversations and bullshit.

Also holy fuck are you guys reading the excerpts out of Caron Butler's Book Tough Juice? That while Gilbert Arenas gun thing was WAY more fucking serious than we thought it was.