Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Jul 11, 2014.

1. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't watch NBA games but at this point I just feel bad for Rose, I mean talk about shit luck.

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This just fucking sucks. With Kane going down for the Blackhawks tonight, it was a brutal night for Chicago sports.

Rose is in danger of becoming another Penny Hardaway. Transcendent player who never saw their true extended peak due to injuries. Just gotta feel for the dude. Add the cultural impact of Rose in the city, homegrown and escaping one of the most dangerous areas in the country at the moment, just a sad situation. I was reading a story this evening about how he was attending, with no press or fanfare, the funerals of kids who have been killed in all the South Side violence for the last few years. He may not be great with the press and fun to mock when he took forever to come back from injury, but he's a good dude who has done a lot of good with his celebrity. Just a brutal turn of events when he was getting some of stride back.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

#105 Revengeofthenerds, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You shut your whore mouth.
    I'm fine, I'm fine. Adam Silver just announced they are cancelling the rest of this basketball season and I completely understand where he's coming from.

This shit is ridiculous, I was in the United Center when his first injury happened, first level box seats. It was fucking painful to experience that up close and personal against the fucking 76ers. THEN HE RETURNED AGAINST THE FUCKING 76ers, look like shit but we were hopeful. Then he injured it again 19 days later.

Now this again? Come fucking on. I'm going to the game tonight and it's going to be really fucking interesting to see how Jimmy plays. He actually might play better with Rose out, but he definitely can't do it alone. We need more than 2 go to scorers.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Big Ticket makes his return to the Wolves tonight. Seriously thinking about attending the game, despite the fact I shouldn't be spending money on frivolities right now.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Silver lining for Bulls fans -- Rose wasn't even that good anyway this year

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You're just looking through Rose colored glasses.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Westbrook's last four games:

3/4 - 49 points, 16 rebounds, 10 assists
    2/27 - 40 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists
    2/26 - 39 points, 14 rebounds, 11 assists
    2/24 - 20 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists

Damn.

11. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pfft, do it for an entire season as Oscar Robertson used to for the Syracuse Royals. Then I will be impressed.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night's game and Westbrook's play is proof Scott Brooks is a horrible fucking coach. When E'Twaun Moore puts up 19, something is wrong. Also, Ibaka taking threes? Are you fucking kidding me? You have no low post presence and you're letting your 4 shoot threes.

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

What the fuck are you doing Flip??? You dressed seven players for tonight's game. Seven. There are twelve games left on the season so for fuck's sake just shut Garnett and Rubio and whoever else down so you can actually suit up a whole fucking team and not put Lavine and Wiggins out there for 45+ minutes. If either get injured because of this stupidity you should get fired. Oops, shit, I forgot, you're the GM and coach so you won't actually fire yourself. And speaking of coaching, I'm glad to know that you haven't been paying attention to the direction of the league for the past 15 years because otherwise you'd probably come to the realization that your grand strategy of "let's get guys open for mid-range jumpers!" is the laughing stock of the rest of the league. I'm sure opposing teams love defending your team because they know they can take it easy on defense since they don't actually have to defend threes.

The Wolves are fucking doomed. Goddammit.

14. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I stopped bashing my head against the wall with regard to the Wolves years ago. Have never looked back at basketball with the exception of the rare playoff game. The level of ineptitude exhibited by this franchise will go down in the annals of history.

15. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I'd be there with you except for the fact they somehow manage to keep landing studs like Love and Wiggins so I keep getting sucked back in.

16. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Who are these fucking clowns announcing - and ruining - this potentially awesome Clippers/Warriors game?

18. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

19. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I really thought the Warriors would have collapsed since my bragging at the start of the season and at the all star break. Since they clinched home court advantage for the playoffs tonight I guess I am going to have to go all in. 40 years ago this May, the Golden State Warriors won their first and only NBA championship based on a total team game. They played at least 11 players every night throughout the playoffs and featured a defense that could shut teams down for up to 15 minutes and unselfish ball movement. 40 years later, this team looks like an exact copy of that team. All you fuckers have been warned.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, did any of you catch the buttfucking amount of Paul George ads over the weekend? Now I know he was a good player, but is anyone scared of Paul George? I mean, he's dominated like a total of 4 where you were like "OH SHIT, this guy!"