Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think we'll be able to get an accurate read on this Cavs team until at least March.

I'm excited to see DeRozen come back. Remember when everyone was saying that a spurs style "team" team was the only way to win and the heat needed to blow it up? Well I'm interested in how that plays out in the playoffs with Atlanta, Toronto, and Washington this year. Also anyone in the west but Houston and LA. Maybe the superteams were a good thing because they forced teams away from the superstar or bust mindset.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not so fast... I think after the recent reports, we have a pretty good read...

[​IMG]

As a proud and vocal Lebron hater for the last decade, this has all been tremendous. So much was made about Lebron's supporting cast needing to be better, well, he pretty much handpicked this one. The front office bent over backwards to make Lebron happy with Love, and Mike Miller, and Marion among others, he's the de facto GM as sources have said. And now this is happening. He makes cute comments like "I dont write checks, I just play ball", which is super convenient when this is happening. Blatt was the wrong hire, but I think he was picked to guide a young team needing to develop, not to manage superstars.

Cant wait for Love to opt out this year (while playing the good teammate and saying all the right things the past few weeks) and Lebron to bounce to NY after a first round playoff exit next year. Gilbert has to sell the team then right? No way he can keep it after that...

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Seriously though...fuck the Wizards.

4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, Klay Thompson. I'm going to the Hawks/Warriors game on February 6 for students' night at my college, but my seat sucks. I am tempted to splurge and get a better seat now.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hard to believe that just 5 months ago the Warriors were seriously thinking of trading Draymont Green and Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. Sometimes the best trade is the one not made.

6. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Not so fast eh?

Also, LeBron, while kind of weird and smug off the court, is everything every coach wants from a basketball player on the court. He passes well and willingly, plays defense, hustles and improves his game every year. Over the last few years, he's made his 3pt shot a real weapon AND added a post up game.

That being said, if it comes to the playoffs and Blatt doesn't get better, Bud is going to eat his lunch in front of him.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

#87 Trakiel, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Coach Pop's next win will be is 1000th.

When asked if he was going to get him a gift for the occasion, Tony Parker responded "A gift? We're going to win the game. That's the gift."

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any Knicks fans want to comment on the wonderful James Dolan email?

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

The Knicks still have fans?

11. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Fuck the Wizards.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really wish I had League Pass and/or whatever the NBA version of RedZone is. Holy hell there were some awesome games last night.

Also hopped on ESPN and saw - Rose: 'I'd love to talk to commish about ban' and freaked the fuck out. Then realized it was Pete Rose.

13. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Speaking of Rose, has anyone noticed a difference in his game since the beginning of the season? I think he is still taking 3's to save his body, but now it is more to set up his dribble-drive. He seems kind of like Tony Parker in that he uses his speed and change of direction to set up elbow jumpers and tear drops, which is fine by me.

If he would have elevated for a dunk at the end of the 1st half on that full court drive, the United Center would have been up for grabs

14. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It amazes me that men actually find her attractive. She looks like a sweaty Cabbage Patch kid with a trailer park tit job.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

17. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

wat

Best part?

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

No matter how much I watch Russell Westbrook, I still can't comprehend his game. One second he's standing behind the arc with three guys directly in front of him and literally the next second he's at the hoop for an uncontested shot. It's like he's got time control or teleportation powers or something.

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

That's the thing though; I watched pre-injury Rose play and goddamn could he drive, but it was always obvious what a freak athlete Rose was. With Westbrook, it almost seems that when he drives to the basket it's not so much that he's accelerating as much as everyone else around him just slows down.

On another note, there's more than five minutes to go in this Spurs-Clippers game and every time I turn to look at the TV Jordan's at the line. Fucking Popovich turning this game into an unwatchable mess.

20. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't know if there really is a comparison between Rose and Westbrook because of their style of play. Once Westbrook gained his confidence he played like a tornado: just flying around everywhere, barely under control, wreaking havoc, and leaving a path of destruction. He would also take 3's if you let him even if though he knew that he was not 3-point shooter.
    Rose seemed to be like a freight train: coming right at you and you cannot stop him. From what I watched, he would tailor his game to match his athleticism by creating angles and playing above the rim. He never seemed to force 3's or shots which were not well practiced, but good luck trying to stop him from getting to his spot. Also, how many jobs were created on the printing line after Dragic had his soul removed...