Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That ranking of the 76ers is absurd, and indicates to me than the panel has no idea what makes a good front office beyond "I dunno, wins games?" Shit, look at that Love trade above. They managed to get a firs rounder for a player they didn't want on their roster just by existing. And the Rockets at 22, behind the Jazz and Kings? get the fuck out of here.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

The pre-game concert going on in Cleveland right now in celebration of LeBron's first game back as a member of the Cavs seems a bit out of proportion. You'd think they already won the title or something.

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not 1...not 2..... Not 3..... Not 4.....Not 5..... Not 6..... Not 7....... But 8 turnovers.

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

It was funny watching that game because of the number of times James turned the ball over on passes to empty space where a player was supposed to be. By the fourth quarter I kept expecting him to start yelling at his teammates to get on his level every time he passed the ball to a Knick.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Westbrook out 4-6 weeks. RIP OKC.

Also, going to the game tonight, I'm pumped to see what happens. It's going to be loud as fuck and Thibs have been coaching these guys into a lather against the Heat. I don't think the non-LeBron Cavs are going to be prepared for the vitriol and noise they're going to experience now. Before they were just another team, now they have targets on their backs and will hear from road crowds like they've never heard from before. It'll be great to see how they handle it.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Warriors just beat Houston to go 5-0 to start the season. Suck it bitches, I am going to do my crowing while I can.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

That's great Puffman, but nobody on this board cares about basketball anymore since Rose is on the mend and the Heat don't have Lebron anymore.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sadly, it is not the first time I have been crowing to an empty room.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's totally not true. I'm definitely watching all the Bulls games and enjoying them. It's shocking how well we've integrated a ton of new players and how well it's all coming together. I'm really enjoying the 4-1 start. Losing to the Cavs sucked, but it only happened because we were down two key players. Also, I'm loving all things Pau. Not exactly sure why he's not out during crunch time, as Taj Gibson has been giving us some really questionable minutes.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

LOOK NOM! DERRICK ROSE IS FINE! EVEN GETTING IN A HIGHLIGHT OF THE CRAZIEST PASS EVER.

Watch it in HD, Full Screen.

#51 Parker, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

At least your team's point guard is healthy enough to play. Here's hoping the minutes will do LaVine some good.

#52 Trakiel, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The idea of Zach LaVine as a point guard seems kind of crazy, since he averaged less than 2 assists per game in college. Does he actually appear to have any idea what he is doing at the position?

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

From what limited minutes he has had? No, no he does not. He's definitely a shoot-first guard who looks for his own shot. Hopefully he's not Marbury 2.0.

15. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

So at this point it's a voodoo curse on Rose right?

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What you mean hurting your hamstring on a rolled ankle isn't normal? Absolutely brutal.

As a Bulls fan, my nightmare right now is realizing old Rose will never be back and them not locking up Butler earlier in the month cause he's going to have a BIG year and thus they will have to pay him even more, or worse, lose him to a higher bidder.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think these things are going to even up. The problem with all these injuries is that they're purely compensation injuries. He's favoring one thing so another thing gets injured.

As long as none of this stuff results in tears and/or any long term injuries he's fine. I have no problem with him sitting out some November-January games. I'm not freaking out or tossing the Brandon Roy moniker on him so early. I think the way the team is set-up, we don't need one guy to be THE GUY all the time. We need Rose to be 80% of himself, and keep Kirk as a bench player.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

FTFY.

Instead of competing, he's saving himself for future business he won't have. Because when he does try to compete, Thibbs runs him into the ground -- he has the attitude of "if you're on the bench, you can play 42 minutes."

Dude needs to force a trade to a team that won't start him up without oil to grease the gears. But he won't, because he's a good loyal kid and Chicago is winning even without him.

Sad that the best of Rose is already behind him.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What? What? What? You're making no sense. Rose is making sure he doesn't RG3 himself on the court. He's saying, I'm not going to go HAM in these early ass regular season games and fuck up my legs for life. I can't believe people, not just you, are getting mad at that. I was out and these dudes were like "what future?" just because the dude doesn't come off as a Rhode's Scholar. There has been some SHITTY conversation, a lot of it with some racist undertones, basically amounting to people getting mad because the monkey won't dance for them when they want him to dance. It's bullshit.

Doesn't really matter, he'll be fine. Thibs isn't the problem either. It's not like he's injuring himself in the 49th minute of games. He just is going to learn to stop compensating and he'll be fine.

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Still, somebody should tell Thibs to stop running his players into the damn ground. It's not smart, and it's shortening their careers.