Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2012

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So does Orlando play this way because they have no creator or because they have a roster full of bombers? They've already taken more threes in the first half than half the teams in the NBA take in an entire game. Isn't pretty basketball, that's for sure.

2. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was more curious about Dwight Howard. Do you think he turns it off based on the score or minutes played?

"Hmmm...i've given like 8 minutes of solid effort this game/we're down by 20 in the 3rd. That's enuff for tonight."

And that interview about him and the respect he has for his teammates looked more like the video of a hostage reading a statement prepared by his captors.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, who is going to stop OKC from winning the title again? Holy fuck these guys are just beast mode. Is Harden one of those most underrated players of the league?

Oh right. The Bulls with their lock down defense hopefully.

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OKC has got to be the biggest Miami fans. A Heat-Thunder matchup is a lot more favorable for them than a Bulls-Thunder matchup. Those three teams are going to be in the finals a lot over the next five years.

On an unrelated note, how depressing does it have to be to be a TrailBlazers fan? I've always thought that pre-injury Brandon Roy was better than Dwayne Wade, and Oden had the potential to do what Kendrick Perkins has done.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Enough about Lin, Steve Novak is the rainmaker!

6. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the drive into work this morning, this is what the local Knicks fans had to say"

* Linbarrassment

* Knicks would have won if Lin didn't play.

and my personal favorite:

* Zoolinder (can't turn left)

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, I don't know if I could enjoy that game at all. On one hand, the Knicks lost. Yay. But on the other hand, that cocksucker LeBron won.

8. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think the Knicks would be better without Lin, but I'd bet they'd be better without D'Antoni.

9. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Oden had so much more potential than that. He was David Robinson's athletic ability in Patrick Ewing's body. He was going to be THE center for the next 15 years; his potential was unmatched and untapped. It's a shame.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

So this is the first time I've ever watched the all-star game. Are they always so languid, for lack of a better term? It's frankly kind of boring.

edit: Ok, Brooks just took a timeout and I can't for the life of me fathom what the fuck he's going to say to his team. "Uh guys, you need to get back down the court because the east is getting easy buckets, come on now, this is a serious game!"

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still didn't watch the All-Star game, I was out to dinner. Interesting that Kobe was hard-fouled by Wade. It is funny how no one takes anything seriously until the last 5 minutes. No one wants to get embarassed, but no one wants to play hard. Nothing is more interesting than watching ego vs lazy. Ego wins in the end. I don't care about the All-Star game overall because Rose gets voted in, but he could not give 3 fucks less.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Short answer: yes. Even funnier was defensive-minded Tom Thibodeau's face when he realized him team had let up 88 points in the first half.

There was a lot of exciting offensive plays from Durant, Westbrook, and James, but All Star Games are always half-assed. The flurry of effort in the fourth quarter was the exception, not the rule.

It's really amusing sometimes how record/legacy obsessed Kobe can be. In the first half it was obviously he was gunning for Jordan's record.

That hard foul was...bizarre. Because it was hard, and clearly a "smart basketball play" sort of foul. Which is why Kobe was blindsided: who the fuck expects that in an All Star game?

My favorite play of the night was when KD stole a lazy in bounds pass for a dunk, and DWill just stood there dumb-founded, as if KD had violated a secret code and he hadn't even considered the idea that anyone might actually make a defensive play. He paid him back with a similar one later.

Well, that and the Chris Paul pass between his legs to a trailing Griffin. That one was great too.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't get this. Oden was injured for most of his college career. One of his legs is longer than the other. I can't imagine a world where Oden wouldn't be an injury-plagued bust. I feel bad for the man, but provided he doesn't spend his money like Allen Iverson, he'll be set for life.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh no...that's just his cock. Google Greg Oden Penis and start to cry.

15. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Jesus fucking Christ. The Wolves are shooting the Clips into the ground in the 4th qtr. There's only 2:36 left in the game and they haven't missed a shot. Their bench is outscored the Clips' bench an absolutely comical 67-9. The Wolves don't even have any starters on the floor.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two things happened last night that made me happy. The Bulls beat the Spurs, in their last meeting for the season. I hate the Spurs more than any other team, they're so boring, and I hate Tony Parker. Then on the otherside, the Masked Mamba made an appearance. That was entertaining to watch.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey Gator,

How did Kobe's ballsweat taste?

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Kevin Love is a fucking BEAST. That is all.

(Now they just have to figure out how to score when he's on the bench so Adelman can bring his minutes down.)

19. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What's the deal with Michael Beasley? When he is isolated one-on-one he seems to be able to score extremely well. Why does he not get more minutes over someone like Wes Johnson? He seems like a freak, athletically, but also rather lazy from the limited time I've watched him. I'd also like to see D. Williams get more minutes, but I guess they are considering sunk costs with Wes Johnson who has shown nothing.

Oh, and was Ricky Rubio projected to be this horrible shooting-wise?

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Beasley has a tendency to jack up bad shots and doesn't give the most consistant effort on defense, which is why he doesn't start. It frankly baffles me and a lot of other people why Johnson's getting the start over D. Williams, especially since Williams has been coming on lately and Wes is terrible. Especially considering that I don't think Johnson even guards opposing 2's on the defensive end since the Wolves start two points (Rubio and Ridnour). Honestly I'd love for the Wolves to move Beasley for a shooting guard but I'm not sure who's available that's good enough to make the trade worthwhile. I'd say they should move Ridnour as well since Barea's on the roster but Barea's been injured most of the year.

Yeah, Rubio's shooting was a concern given he was shooting poorly over in Spain. Surprisingly though he's not a terrible 3-point shooter, and I think he can work to improve his overall shooting ability. I'm not too worried about it at this point.