Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2012

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That Miami Bulls game was fucking great. If we had Luol Deng in, or even C.J. Watson giving Rose a rest/not being John Lucas we would have won that game. Everyone was playing hard as fuck, it was insanity. The way D. Rose puts the game on him is the most endearing thing, because you can tell how much he hates losing.

2. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

He's going to remember those two bricked free throws for awhile. Also, I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck happened with the rebound-OoB play/whistle after LBJ's missed FT.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can tell you right now, the refs fucked it up. Also that jump ball was total bullshit. Not to mention Norris Cole went out of bounds on another play they didn't call it. And why it took 10 minutes to call LBJ on ups and downs travelling I don't know. There was a rookie ref that is getting thrown under the bus on that game.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Every time Beasley drives to the basket or creates his own shot it makes me happy. Every time he takes a bad long-range 2-pointer I yell at the TV. His defense is absolutely horrible as well.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sorry to hear that. But this

#45 Parker, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That is better than Blake IMO, and I'm a Bulls fan

#46 SMUGolfer, Jan 31, 2012
  7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a Bulls fan too, but JLIII is a small, not very good defender against a guy that was 3 times his size. Perk is a huge dude and a defender. If you watch the video, Perk actually pushes him away and he STILL gets the dunk. My dunk is bigger than your dunk.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Agree. Dunking over Perk face up is much more noteworthy than dunking over a small defender who has his back turned. Griffin practically hangs in the air as he's getting pushed away and gets some awsome extension to power the ball through the hoop.

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

James didn't dunk on Lucas, he cleared him. Obviously he had no idea what was coming.

Perk isn't pushing him away as much as he is pushing him up. Griffin pushes down on Perkins and gains extra lift. Same thing he did last year. James cleared that kid all on his own.

I am not alone in thinking the James dunk was better.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see your point and counter with this, degree of diffulty.

If we lined up the entire league of dunkers and said "Ok, dunk on Perkins 2 feet above them rim. Then alley-oop drunk clear over John Lucas III with his back turned" more people would have a harder time dunking on Perkins 2 feet above the rim then clearing John Lucas III with his back turned.

I submit one more piece of evidence.
    Fuck you. Even King James himself agrees that Blake Griffin's Dunk was better! He tweeted it.
    I rest my case Your Honor.

Slow day at work...

Attached Files:

11. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? You think so?

How many guys in the league do you think could clear Lucas? vs how many guys can boost themselves up on another player to dunk? James didn't even intend to jump over Lucas when he jumped, it just happened. Griffin knew what he was going to do and pushed himself off Perkins to gain moire lift. Both are super impressive. All the polls I can find are split. Some say Blake and some say LeBron.

And of course James is gonna say that. Just like if you asked him who the best player in the league/world is. He's not going to say himself.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But no one asked him about the dunk, he saw it and voluntered that information. He wasn't politcally correctly answering an interview question. Also if you watch the dunk in fast or slow motion, how much boost did he really get? Maybe a 10th of a second more hangtime? He didn't get a solid grip of lift really, he gets a little face, but not much. I feel more guys could clear Lucas than pull THAT specific dunk the way it happened on Perk. But hey, let's just hope we get more of the same.

13. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I love how much "Fuck it, I'm going to try to throw it down on his fucking head" Blake Griffin has.

14. palmettosc

palmettosc
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Absolutely loved the dunk. Fucking awesome. That being said, why wasn't that a foul? Perkins is right on the edge of the circle and clearly jumped first. I love the NBA almost as much as I love my illigetiment children, but Blake basically punched that guy in the face and then barely (don't fool yourselves, that is considered a "dunk" only because Blake is awesome and the NBA loves him) threw it in the rim. If he had tried to pull that on a respected defensive player he would have gotten whistled. Nice move, but file it away with LeBron's crab dribble, Wade's 6 steps in the lane, and Howards blatant 3 sesond violations. I love the NBA, but they need to make them play, not adjust the rules depending on player/situation.

#54 palmettosc, Feb 2, 2012
  15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

David Stern's response: "Ewww, then our Superstars won't look as Superstar-y"

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Uh, watch that again. Pause the video at :15 and you can clearly see Griffin in the air while Perkins is still on the floor. Furthermore, Perkins wasn't squared up so it wouldn't be a charge on Griffin either. I see absolutely nothing that could be considered a foul on his part. Perkins actually jumped into Giffin, which is why he was called for a foul.

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Also, Perkins extends his arms outward. You can jump straight up, and put your arms up, but as soon as you extend them forward, it's getting called.

This is part of why you shouldn't give the best dunker in the league (or one of them) an open lane.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the Clippers-Jazz game last night...this Lob City shit is insane. The Clippers opened up the game with 5 consecutive dunks, including an alley-oop lob from Paul to Griffin in the first five seconds. Jazz defenders were seeing Griffin heading for the hoop and just think "Shit, I better get out of the way."

I'm really tempted to get tickets to see them in New York, even though they're pricey.

re: that dunk. Perkins is 1) just inside the circle, 2) moving laterally rather than jumping straight up, 3) jumps after Griffin, and 4) extending his arms into Griffin. Also, is Perkins not a 'respected defensive player'? Perhaps I'm merely biased because I watched him so much as a Celtic, but I was under the impression he had a quite solid reputation defensively. He's not flashy, but he's a big body who tends to patrol the paint quite well. Dwight Howard is on record saying that Perkins defends him as well as anyone in the NBA.

So I don't know how much LeBron you've seen before & after this post, but he has been downright dominant in post play this season.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well they're not exactly post-moves per-se. Its more of a dominant head-fake fade away shot, just done from the post. Still effective though.

20. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He also has some into the lane moves, but it's mostly turnaround jumpers.

It's the Michael Jordan low post game.