Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association: 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

From the article:
    If they were just making fun of the Broadway show, whatever, but if they were taking a shot at Amar'e, that's true comedic genius.

2. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From what I've seen, the uproar is also that the Broadway comment is homophobic by insinuation ("Those Broadway twinks aren't REAL men like our athletes.")

3. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Also pulled:

[​IMG]

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Kevin Durant just ruined your night.

5. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's a little late.

DRose already ruined their year.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of which, they show that Adidas commerical all the time. I don't see how that sells shoes; I mean it starts off with Rose lying on the floor, it's like they're saying, "buy Adidas, and you too can blow out your knee." If I was a Bulls' fan I'd really hate that commercial. I wonder if they actually show it in the Chicago area?

7. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a total cock tease to Bulls fans. Even if he comes back at the All-Star break, will it be enough to carry them through the playoffs?

Noah is playing out of his mind. Too bad he'll never see the ball again except on hustle rebounds when Rose gets back.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys must have missed like the first 5 pages of this thread where I was bitching about that commercial. Its fucking painful to watch. It does not make us feel any better. Oh and its the third version of that commercial. There are 3 different cuts. The latest one with the stop motion scenes. Fuck that commercial. They show it all the time. I was at that game. where he blew his knee, 30-45 feet away.

None of the actual half-sober basketball fans expected us to win that game last night. We don't have the offense without Rose. We have one athlete on our team. We also have Nate Robinson, who I now firmly believe is on our team and I hate him. Without Rose we don't have a go to guy. Everyone played decently, but there were too many sloppy turnovers that led to RW and KD dunks. With all of that said, we effectively lost by 4. The Roseless Bulls lost to the first or second best team in the West (Spurs) by 4 points. I'll fucking take that any day of the night.

Also, we did heckle this loud OKC fan wearing a James Harden Jersey so badly, he snapped, swore a lot, then someone reported him and he and his friend got moved. It was hilarious.

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lakers fire Mike Brown.

Yeah...cuz its his fault.

10. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who is the favorite to come out of the West now? Spurs?

OKC looks as dysfunctional as ever. Durant isnt getting enough touches and without Harden, they arent getting enough offense out of their frontcourt.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[Stephen A. Smith voice] Mike Brown is a terrible coach and has been. You saw how confused and befuddled he got during the playoffs in L.A. and in Cleveland. He should be a career assistant coach. Anything more than that is not his bag. LeBron covered his ass that entire time. Now that he can't call his 5 favorite plays "The King James", "LBJ", "LeBron", "Bron" and "Number 23" he has been exposed once and for all. Maybe he'd do okay in Charlotte. Who knows?

To paraphrase Jalen Rose "Why are they trying to run an offense created by a bunch of white guys that sucked at basketball?" He had a fully healthy Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, and Kobe Bryant. A decently capable Ramon Sessions, only if he's programmed correctly. Mike Brown could not find a way to use those pieces, damn good pieces by the way, to score any points. Defense is nice and all, but if you can't score any points you're going to lose, a huge secret, I know. Mike Brown had no place, no right, in L.A. /End Stephen A Smith voice

Speaking of the OKC game. It felt like Ibaka killed the Bulls more than Durant. And for awhile he actually was. Durant put up the quietest 25+ point game ever. It didn't feel like he was there or we should be scared every time he touched the ball. It felt that way more with Westbrook, but it doesn't seem like there were many plays ran for him.

12. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im not saying Brown is a good coach, especially with that group. Hard to build a team that cannot play defense.

Durant isnt being aggressive enough. Hes letting everybody else shoot too much. At least run the offense though KD.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's funny about this is that Jerry Buss gave him a vote of confidence literally yesterday.

Because Kobe asked them to.

14. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Leads me to think Brown fired himself rather than eat shit for a whole season.

That's what happens when you build a team that cant/wont play perimeter defense.

Why dont they just make Kobe player/coach? He runs the fucking show there anyways. Between him and Nash, they should be able to figure it out.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where did you read this? From my understanding and all the articles, Mike Brown came to him about the Princeton offense, ran it by Kobe first and went with it. I haven't seen anything that said Kobe took the Princeton Offense to Mike Brown. Also, has anyone run the Princeton offense in the NBA to any success?

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Barea and Roy now injured along with Love and Rubio. If the Wolves can win tonight in Chicago without them I'll be very impressed. Hell, I'll be happy if they can make it a game.

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Phil Jackson,

All of the yoga and transcendental mysticism in the world won't keep you from being a self-important douche.

With Warm Regards,

Misanthropic

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's won 11 championships, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

19. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched Adande on SC this morning and he said that Phil is confused and kinda pissed at the Lakers.

According to JA, Lakers contacted Jackson on Sunday. Jackson said he told them that he was ready, willing and able to coach and asked for 24 hours to decide. Later Sunday night, he was woken up by Kupchak telling him that they went with D'Antoni. Jackson said they never told him there was a deadline and they never discussed contract. Jackson said he told them that he was ready, willing and able to coach.

What was the rush? D'Antoni wasnt going anywhere. Literally. He just had knee surgery.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't buy all that trash leaked by Phil wanting to embarass Jim Buss and all of that. I don't think talks got that far. I think that was someone leaking shit to the press, and the press is so competitive right now, they're not fact checking anything. Back in the day, there were fewer sources that reported shit, so if someone reported one thing wrong, they were fucked. Now its first to the punch, because likely other people will mess this up, and no one takes blame. "Sources this" "Sources that" ridiculous. Either way, D'Antoni will be exposed once again OKC runs 150 on them and doesn't make it to the finals. He needs to find an assistant defensive coach.