Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by RCGT, Jul 2, 2011.

1. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, what did I "butcher"? You mentioned the show Toradora and called it "a well-done high school romance". That's what I quoted, right?

As for the rest, Toradora is such a putridly awful, embarrassing, pedophilic mess that even I don't particularly wish to argue about it. However, I will respond to a few more general points;

Yes, and 95% of anime high school romances are garbage. They're simple-minded sex fantasies for losers. "Twilight" is the same thing, albeit for women. In fact, even Twilight has more depth and character development than "Toradora".

This is a really lame, stupid excuse for any television series. 6 episodes, at 24 minutes each, work out to 2 hours and 24 minutes. That's a long movie. It's more than enough opportunity for any series to demonstrate its strong points. So if I feel a series is trash for its first 2 hours and 24 minutes, then chastising me for not wasting another 8 hours before giving my impressions is retarded.

If any TV series, live action or otherwise, sucks for its first 6 episodes, it sucks, period.

2. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't comparing Toradora to Chihayafuru, I was comparing it to Ano Natsu.

Nice strawman. I'm not saying you should have kept watching if you hated it. I'm saying that saying stuff like: "one of the worst TV series (not just anime) ever made", "represents everything awful about modern anime and the "moe" trend" - is retarded if you've only seen a quarter of the show. I drop shows before the sixth episode all the time, but I don't pretend to speak authoritatively on their relative merits within the entire medium of anime. That would be stupid.

Me neither.