Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Americans

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Parker, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else watching this? If not, you should be. It's on FX, and its like Homeland, but in reverse, with Russian spies in America. Keri fucking Russell is the female lead (yes Felicity) and she is great in it. Oh and it takes place in the 80s. The first episode is 90 minutes but well worth the watch. This is a show you turn on to watch and think "Yes, this is how you do a television show." So much is said by actions and facial expressions. It is also like Breaking Bad in that you're going to be rooting for the bad guys. Give it a watch.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So far so good, really enjoying the show, I haven't caught the latest episode but Keri Russel really stands out, the 80's stuff looks well thought out.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Her ass looks pretty damn good in Guess and Jordache jeans, too.

4. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was coming into this thread for the sole purpose of saying that, but you beat me to it. Although, since I don't know shit about jean brands, I was only going to say "Keri Russell's ass looks amazing in those pulled up jeans."

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm enjoying it, but it seems slow at times. And I was having a hard time with Richard "Johnboy" Thomas playing a hardass, but he's winning me over. Still, as Parker alluded, it's good TV.

Imagine what a mindfuck it would be if you were one of their kids and you found out that you were born not out of love of your parents, but as part of a Soviet espionage program designed to infiltrate and destroy your country and way of life.

6. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Johnboy actually made me laugh last night, the eye roll as the offended lady coworker walked off was pretty good.

For the most part, I have enjoyed the series. I DO keep wondering how KR's character avoids disease, she is taking a lot of risks. AIDs might save the country!

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone still watching?

This show has gotten better, its started pretty slow but this last episode was great.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still watching this, I'm a little behind but will probably marathon this weekend. I don't even think it started that slowly, you just need back story for the shit they're trying to put down. Now they have that going, everything else just fucking rolls. The acting on this show is so damn good. The old school shenanigans of how to execute espionage is so damn exciting. I actually like this more than Homeland 4 episodes in because the shit they do requires more skill and in the meta, there is an actual progression of characters.