Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Alcohol Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Blue Dog, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Well, I don't know about much, but as yall have seen from me over the years, I do like my alcohol. From bourbon, to good red wine, to my favorite low class go-to, Coors Light, alcohol is truly the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

This is a thread to post about you favorite drinks, drink recipes, and have discussions about different breweries and vineyards.

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been enjoying Mill Street Tankhouse Ale a lot lately; anyone familiar?

My all time favourite beer is Unibroue Maudite, which is an excellent way to get drunk off beer as its 8% abv and only comes here in 750 ml bottles

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    As long as it contains alcohol and doesn't blind me or send me to the emergency room vomiting out of my ears, it's my favorite if that's all that's available at the moment.

Sometimes it's just not worth the 30 mile drive to buy booze and my homemade wine has to do the job in a pinch. I really need to work on my welding skills and build myself a fucking still.

4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been self-medicating a cold with large doses of screwdrivers, and I'm telling you it works wonders. Hell, this may be the cure for H1N1.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like my Dad's uncle. He drank a lot of Listerine.

6. BeerMonster

BeerMonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Old Milwaukee. It's done. Close the thread, because nothing can top that.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    At least his breath/puke probably smelled minty fresh.

He missed out on the little bottles of imitation flavors for cooking apparently, those things are full of alcohol and the next day your shit smells like a bakery that specializes in making cakes with coconut toppings.

8. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

My personal favorite at the moment is Gulden Draak. They sell it for pretty cheap at this one bar I frequent, and it's 10.5% alc.

Attached Files:

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

This stuff is my go to. 10 bucks for a liter from the korean liquor store down the street.

It is pretty raunchy stuff.

If you leave it overnight it forms this nasty cloudy mess in the bottom of the shot glass, and it has somehow stained all my shot glasses brown.

Good times.

10. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and any of the following: Dr. Pepper, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Root Beer. Sailor Jerry is just fucking awesome.

11. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Just out of curiosity, what are peoples opinions on good scotch that's not too expensive. Usually my price range is somewhere between $30-50, and I'd figure I'd ask here first before just buying random bottles that aren't Johnny Walker.

12. Old Crow

Old Crow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

See my username/avatar. I love whiskey. Good whiskey, bad whiskey, old whiskey, new whiskey. Shots, mixed drinks, on the rocks, you name it and I will probably enjoy it. For the past few months, I have been surviving on pretty much half gallons of Old Crow exclusively, if for nothing else than cost effectiveness.

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's dead and buried now, but I bet that liver of his hasn't even begun to decompose yet.

Might as well contribute something usefull:

When I want to get my girlfriend drunk, I make this thing called Electric Melon. I think it was a recipe Guy Fieri used on some cooking show I stumbled upon a while back.

You take:
    ~1 part vodka
    ~1 part peach schnapps
    ~1 part midori
    ~fill the rest with equal amounts orange juice and gingerale
    ~splash of grenadine for color

You can make it in a single glass or, as I usually do, make a whole pitcher of the stuff.

As for what I like to drink, with regard to liquor, scotch is number one. Balvenie 15yr is my favorte. Dieformetal, check it out. It'll be around $50.

As far as beer goes, whatever is cold and paid for. I'll drink any kind of beer around. Bass Ale gets me drunker than any of them, though. No idea why.

14. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been quite a while since I've drank anything that wasn't Coors Light or Sam Adam's Octoberfest. Classy, I know. I did try a couple sips of Chimay about a month ago, which was intriguing. I didn't know there was beer out there that did the whole "white/red/blue label" thing similar to how Johnny Walker does it.

On another note, this thread seems like a good place to ask if anyone has a good recipe for a fall/October style mixed drink. Preferably something that would have pumpkin flavors in it, but that's not required. We are having a Halloween party at our house and we would like to provide some sort of punch or mixed drink that would fit the season.

15. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fireball whiskey [it tastes like hot cinnimon] with hot (or cold, but hot is far better) apple cider

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have become more and more of a beer snob over the last few years. It's gotten to the point where I rarely drink Budweiser (or similar American light/heavy piss waters) any more. I'm glad to have a place to discuss various microbrews.

I also am a lover of bourbon and whiskey. I have my name on a barrel of Makers Mark at the distillery in Kentucky. When it is ready, I get my own bottle of it! I have the certificate with my barrel number proudly displayed on the wall in my lving room. Which is odd since I have no clue where my college diploma is.

17. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gin. It goes with everything. If I ate cereal I'd put it in that. Two types of people drink gin: sophisticates and menthol-chain-smoking trailer trash. I've got a ton of gin drinks in my repertoire. The botanicals really lend great flavor to almost any mixer. Especially Hendricks Gin, made with rose petals. It's really light, aromatic, and flavorful while being light on that juniper flavor most people don't like. $22 for a 750ml isn't bad. In a pinch Bombay sells a handle for the same price while still being a pretty respectful product. Now where's my endorsement?

Now that it's winter I'll be stocking up on Jameson. As for bourbon I'll probably grab some Maker's Mark or Evan Williams. Summer is for rum and gin, winter is for the brown stuff... and gin. Gotta stay warm in those harsh Florida winters.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to be a rum guy. Cap'n, Sailor Jerry's, pretty much anything that wasn't Bacardi (except 151, taste doesn't matter there).

Then I switched to Redbull and Vodka, but I'm hitting my late 20s and that shit makes my heart skip. Lately, it's been Grey Goose and Diet Coke. At a clip of about 750 mil/night. On worknights. I may need to slow down.

19. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love gin but choices where I am are limited to Beefeater's, Gordon's, and Bombay Sapph
    Still love it... except the Beefeater

20. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Check out Knob Creek, too. It's one of my favorites.