Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 4/20, Easter Bunny Day WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That's why I like my job. I can recommend who and how many people to fire and walk out the door without actually doing it. While their managers are explaining why for "company cohesion and viability, they have to be let go," I'm sitting home eating Capt Crunch Berries and watching Netflix.

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

[​IMG]

3. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Happy belated!

Sorry about your friend. Bummer.

Congrats!

Did you tell him you were still making 80% of your pay and now enjoying long weekends? That usually works.

I have a class tonight and a meeting tomorrow where I will be nominated to serve on a swim board. I hope I win. I'm not running against anyone, so the odds are in my favor. Me and the old guys are gonna be a team!

It's like you're dead inside.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm not dead inside, I just don't want to be dead on the outside. Id prefer not to end up on some nut job's hitlist if he decides to show up on Monday with an Uzi.

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heh. I was looking for an old word file on my computer and stumbled across a fanfic I started to write back in 2009 when the Sarah Connor Chronicles was still on the air. It was a crossover with Star Trek. When Data goes into the wormhole at the end of Star Trek Nemesis, he doesn't die - instead he gets sent back in time to 2008, where he encounters an anomaly on Earth - cybernetic organisms that shouldn't exist at that time. He goes down to investigate and encounters the various terminators running around LA.

I'll say it for you:
    NEEERRRRRRDDDDDD

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The irony is that one of the reasons I, and several of my co-workers, took pay cuts was to avoid this very scenario.

So much for that.

7. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I can't get fired, so I have that going for me. I just wish I had people that I could fire. Everyone is hiring around here and no one can find anyone that's worth a shit. I'm getting to the point to where I'll hire anyone who has a valid driver's license and all of their teeth. If any of you are looking for a job, get your ass up here. The economy is booming and competent people can pretty much name their price.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Doing what? Running meth? What kind of benefits is your drug cartel offering? Because I want certain holidays and the last weekend of every month off, plus a 401k. Oh, and dental.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dental is important, the meth is hell on your teeth

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks!

Shit happens, and we work in sales so if you aren't performing... well... out ya go. I just had a talk with my boss and things are going really well for me so I'm okay- better than okay. I just wish our HR lady didn't insist on shadowing him while he cleaned up. It would have been nice to give him a real goodbye rather than an awkward quick one. She sucks.

My hangover is starting to lift. This is good.

11. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry to channel Dixie here but if it was anybody on this board who hit 3 kids on bikes while speeding, we all would have been given breathalyzers and written tickets for speeding and reckless driving at a minimum.

But since the woman who hit and killed 2 of these kids had her police officer husband following her home, none of those things happened.

And now she is suing the families of the kids she killed for 1.35 million? Cunt is the perfect word for that woman.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unbefuckinglievable... just making it worse, she's a mother. Three kids will grow up with her as an example.

I wonder how long her suit will last in court.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or how long it wil be before some group like Anonymous takes her life apart.

15. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

[​IMG]

So now they got you taking less money AND still let a guy go. They're geniuses! Evil evil geniuses.

16. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you see the part about the kids riding bicycles three-abreast at 1:30 in the morning with no lights down a rural road with a 50 mph speed limit in drizzling weather? The bike shown in the photo doesn't appear to even have any reflectors on it. In the state of Georgia where I live, if the responding officer didn't smell alcohol and the driver didn't appear to be impaired, he wouldn't have given a breathalyzer in this type of situation.

While the on the surface the suit makes her seem like a bitch, note that it is a counter-suit. She didn't just file it out of the blue because she thought she was entitled to something. It's more of a legal maneuver to defend herself in a situation where it appears she wasn't at fault. I hate articles like this that seek to demonize someone by sensationalizing an event while downplaying pertinent details. I have a 17-year-old son, and we live on a rural road with only a 40 mph speed limit. There is no way in hell I would let him ride anywhere on his bike at 1 fucking 30 in the morning, no matter what the circumstances. The boy could still be alive if the parents had actually been parenting.

17. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Sun, source of the article Angel posted, is Canada's version of Fox. This woman is absolutely a shitty person for suing, but on further investigation: "A collision-reconstruction team from the South Simcoe Police Service investigated the crash; their 26-page report found that the “lack of visibility” of the cyclists “was the largest contributing factor,” and that on a dark overcast night, “the driver of the Kia did not see the cyclists on the roadway and was unable to make an evasive reaction.” - Ottawa Citizen. It's absolutely possible that on a dark, rainy country road, she did not see these kids. It was a 2 lane road, and they were riding side by side, recipe for disaster.

Is she a horrible person for suing? Probably, but let's not all jump on The Sun's bandwagon which is usually inflammatory, poorly reported, thinly veiled opinion pieces.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fair enough. Bottom line it's shitty all-around for everyone.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think she's a shitty human being because she was driving her car and hit someone and they died.
    The guilt and anguish she must feel for taking the life - even inadvertently - of a kid is something I can't imagine.

However, I do think she's a shitty human being because she looked at someone and said "Yup. This is a good idea." and countersued.

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So certain, are you?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.