Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2nd Annual Christmas & New Years Drunk Thread 2010! NSFW

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Please let me know when and where you're flying. Deal? Please?

2. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I was going to stick with beer today, but now I'm thinking tequila shots. I might cry. Could we fuck this game up any worse?

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

KC is definitely performing badly, but I think Baltimore would be making it tough for any team right now. They're just firing on all cylinders.

4. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Random question.

Is it now normal to use only one space after the period in a sentence? I always put 2 spaces in but have been told by a 20 year old colleague that that is the old school way of writing and isn't really used anymore.

I've honestly never heard that before.

5. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Yeah, if our D wasn't playing I'd have shut the game off by now. Berry and Hali alone are worth watching. Offensively Charles had some great plays, Bowe didn't even touch the ball, and Cassel threw how many interceptions? Awful game. Baltimore definitely deserves this win, no doubt about it.

I use two. It's what I learned in keyboarding class my freshman year of high school and it stuck with me. I don't care if it's the proper way anymore or not, I will continue to do it.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, that is part of the new APA guidelines for scholarly work. I just graduated from grad school last year and discovered this by having to delete all of the double spaces from a 20 page (probably not, but it sure as hell felt like it) paper. Crazy. I am sure it made the content much more readable. I would really like to know who the person is who decides "hey, maybe just one space would be better". Then you know there were probably all sorts of committees and studies to prove that was the case. Ugghh, the world of acedemia could drive me crazy.

7. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

At least I'm not the only one.

I'll be damned if I start using only one space after the period. That shit is just lazy.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

The sumg assholes who come up with this shit all need to be punched in the face. They should worry about the declining grammatical skills of the populace in general and not change conventions that don't need changing and have been in place for forever.

In even more dire news, I'm all out of beer and the liquor stores are all closed on Sunday.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have been taught to use two spaces my entire life. I don't think I could change.

10. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This about sums up academia..

Attached Files:

11. babyface

babyface
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Or you could have just hit Control/Commend+F, went to Replace, and replaced all double-spaces with single-spaces.

12. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good news, you can call off the search party for my phone. I left it in my car last night when we did the responsible thing and took a cab back home.

13. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least they kept the car off of your lawn.

14. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep. I'm 20 and I've never used two spaces after a period. I had like one teacher back in third grade who insisted on it. I hated her.

edit: and most forums will delete the extra space anyway.

15. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I found a new group of people to hate today. I go to the store, grab five or six things, and head to the self-checkout line. Out of eight stations, seven are occupied by fat women with full shopping carts. Idiots aren't bagging their items, just setting things down on the little platform and god help us all if they have a piece of produce they have to look up. If they would have just gone to the regular register, they would have saved 20 minutes and I wouldn't be forced to drink so much. I really want to live in a world where you can just kill people that waste your time.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get behind a senior citizen using one of self checkouts and you are in for a wait. The worst was when an old couple tried to scan a pineapple. Just kept putting past the scanner like it would magically see it was one pineapple. Once you hit 60 you should be banned from the self checkout lines.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I had 2 items in my hand and went to the under 20 lane of checkout at a super Walmart last week. What a mistake. I got behind this 350lb 5'5" woman with 45 items in her cart yapping on the phone in a redneck voice about "ignernt" people. I wanted to cry.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You gotta be able to "airport security" these people. What I mean is that you have to profile them to work for you. Same as Airport Security, pick the people who know what they are doing, have flown a lot, and can get through the lines efficiently. Can't get behind the families, fat people, old people, etc. and pick the cashier who is younger and in a decent enough mood (granted, the work at walmart). And base it off of amount in cart also. Most of the time, all of the lines will move at relatively the same speed, but you'll have those 400lb old women who move slower than a sloth. Also, since you're at walmart, you have to drop average peoples intelligence about 80 iq points and expect fuckups to be everywhere.

19. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why in the hell would you go to Walmart for 2 items? If you are buying a bunch of shit and want to save money I can see putting up with the cluster that is Super Walmart, but it is so not worth it for 2 items. If you saved $1 on each, that is $2. My time and sanity is worth more than $2.

Here is who I hate at the grocery store. Families of 6 that all shop together, as occurs regularly on the weekends at my local grocery store. How is this a family activity? Mom will be looking at the labels of two cans of green beans comparing the nutritional value, trying to engage dad in a conversation about them. Dad's eyes glaze over in the banality of the conversation. Kids are either in one of those car/carts that take up twice as much room as a regular cart and are whining and fighting or are pushing their own little kid size cart putting loads of junk in the cart while mom and dad aren't looking, or running through the aisles like they are at Chuck E. Cheese. What happened to Dad at home with the kids watching football while mom runs to the store?

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I made what I thought was a smart choice, since the other lanes had an average of 3 people in them, and no one was behind this woman. Those other people must have the inside scoop on lane choosing because I was still behind her by the time they all got to their cars.

It was on the way between errands and I was starving. I got lunch for 2 dollars. The Jew inside me is willing to go through the pain that is super Walmart to save a few bucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.