Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2nd Annual Christmas & New Years Drunk Thread 2010! NSFW

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I hope these chicks make up for the following pro-gun rant (ignore the chick with the fucked up implants whose nipples are looking straight up).
    This discussion has brought up two very common misconceptions about guns that always drive me crazy.

1. Guns are inherently dangerous and unstable and if you get one it will kill you and your entire family immediately. Modern guns are not inherently unstable in any way. Gun accidents are caused by negligence or a lack of precaution or education. If you take proper precautions and get proper training, guns can be as safe as any other hobby.

2. Get a shotgun for home protection because you don't have to aim and racking the slide will make an intruder shit his pants, run away and become sterile. At distances encountered in a home defense situation a shotgun will pattern on the order of 2 inches. Two inches is a lot bigger than what a bullet will cover but you still have to aim. A shotgun is a good home defense weapon but it's because it's a shoulder weapon which is much easier o aim in a high stress situation but you still need the proper training.

Attached Files:

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both very solid points. There's a shit ton of gun deaths in the U.S. every year because people don't use proper safety measures. And as for the shotgun thing, it seems an important point that shotguns are less likely to penetrate walls as much as high-powered rifles / handguns. It's all very well and good to put some ammo downrange at the bad guy, but if you miss (and for the average untrained person, this is almost a certainty) you don't want that firepower going into your child's bedroom or out to the front yard.

But may I say that I can't stand the babes with guns thing? It's not just that I don't find it particularly sexy, it also feeds that stupid anti-gun propaganda about men who like guns simply have issues dealing with their small penis size.

EDIT: Wait, but that side-by-side on the left sure rings my bell. Well, that and side-by-sides are both gentlemanly and badass at the same time. Maybe pair it with the brunette on the right and I'll give you a pass.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ever wanted to be banned from an animal shelter?

Go in wearing your finest chef's hat, and start weighing the animals in your hands.

Then, ask for something plumper.

4. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I agree with this up to a point. A shotgun will still penetrate a wall or two so you need to be aware of what is behind your target. It's less likely that you'll penetrate your wall and your neighbors and kill him but you can easily penetrate one interior wall and kill somebody in the next room. You've got to be aware of what's behind what you're shooting.

I agree with this one; I'm not into the whole girls with guns thing either but we needed more tits on this page and it seemed appropriate.

5. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

But that's another misconception.

You need a gun that does penetrate; that's the gun is intended to do. And pretty much any useful defensive load in a shotgun is going to penetrate walls. Check here. #4 buck, which is one of the most common loads for defensive shotguns, has no problem going through 5 pieces of sheetrock. That's at least 2 walls in a modern-construction home.
    [​IMG]
    It's less penetration than you'll get out of a pistol or rifle, but definitely enough to jeopardize people on the other side of the wall. Which is why accurate shooting, and correctly lining up your shots so you aren't going hit bystanders is crucial.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

While I agree with you that guns are not unstable, I'm sorry, but they are inherently dangerous. They serve no other purpose than to be fired at things, with the intent to do harm. Unlike my dogs or WWNN's baseball bat, they have no other use. I'd be interested to see the number of gun deaths due to people protecting themselves during a robbery or a home invasion versus the number of deaths attributed to an accident while handling the gun. I intensely dislike the notion of having one in the house, regardless of whether it's loaded or not. In addition to being a dangerous weapon, it just seems like bad karma.

EDIT: Everybody loves puppies!

[​IMG]

7. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And getting back on topic....

[​IMG]

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, because target shooting isn't an olympic sport or anything.
    A fair point. A shotgun capable of killing people or animals almost by definition should go through drywall. I'd still rather be firing a shotgun than a high-velocity handgun or rifle round for home defense, not that I'm ever likely to be in such a situation.

[​IMG]

The Stig's sexy sister?

9. CarbonCopy

CarbonCopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yes lots of people kill themselves with their own guns.

But seriously, who is funnier than Louis CK?

#2169 CarbonCopy, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

But that's the thing about guns. Accidental deaths from guns are by definition caused by misuse of them. Its just another tool, and improperly using it can lead to bad things. But using it properly can save your life, and the lives of your loved ones. If someone was breaking into my house with the intention of causing harm to me or my family, you bet your ass I'm going to want to have a gun handy. Fido can only do so much to a determined person, and I don't want to have to get close enough to them to physically hit them with a bat. Especially if they have a gun of their own.

Yes they do!
    [​IMG]

11. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Something doesn't look right about that chick. If the picture stopped at her waist it would look pretty good but her legs look wrong.

edit: All this talk of chasing off robbers reminded me of a friend of mine who chased off a would-be robber with a samurai sword.

12. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It would appear that Pigtails never learned about trigger safety. Too many outdoor lesbian gun orgies go terribly, terribly wrong that way.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

If I have an accident with a knife, I could do some real damage, but the odds of taking my own life are very, very small. Having something around that - were an accident to occur - could instantly end your life (or your kid's life, or your roommate's, or whomever) doesn't make you nervous?

Two points: First, the notion of having a 'safe' gun in the house, as I understand it, is to ensure that all people within the home are trained how to handle it properly and to keep both the gun and the ammunition under lock and key - separately. How protected are you, in an emergency, if the gun is tucked safely away in the locked gun cabinet and the bullets are out in the garage?

Second: What are the odds of this EVER happening? Assuming you are not a member of a gang, are not involved in drugs/narcotics, and assuming that the assailant isn't your ex (most cases of violence in the home are due to domestic crime), realistically how often are you EVER going to need that gun, and do you really feel that the possibility of maybe someday having to use it for personal protection?

[​IMG]

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much nil, but it's what every gun owner is hoping for.

15. Noahh

Noahh
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

That gun probably killed a puppy.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Holy creepy doll in the upper right corner.

17. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The odds of me ever having to perform CPR is pretty slim, but I still know how to do it, the odds of me ever having to deploy an EPIRB are very small but I know how to do it, the odds of me ever having to buddy breath at depth are miniscule but I practice it, the odds of someone breaking in my house are very small and so are the odds of that person living if I have to shoot them.

18. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nobody is saying that you should own a gun if you're not comfortable with it. I just want people to avoid an uninformed knee-jerk, "oh my god, you have a gun you're going to kill yourself, your family and a pack of little old ladies" reaction.

A situation where you need to use your gun to defend yourself is highly unlikely, but some people find some peace of mind knowing that they are prepared. It's pretty unlikely that I'll ever have to use my fire extinguisher but I like to have it around (yes I know that's a crappy comparison but it illustrates the point I'm trying to make).

edit: the guy above me had way better examples.

19. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That's where our idea of gun safety differs. I have two guns loaded and unlocked within five seconds reach of me right now. Everybody in my household (that being my apartment) knows how to handle a gun, and more importantly knows not to grab them without asking me. There's no chance of there being a kid in here messing with my stuff. These guns are safe.

I live in St. Louis. There have been muggings and rapes and break-ins within a one block radius of my apartment. I don't ever expect to use it to take a life, but I'd much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

[​IMG]
    Puppies!

20. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Christmas themed? check
    Dog-related? check (sort of)
    Tits? check

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.