Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Superbowl WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Jurassic Park is an institution. Jurassic World is a fun ride within that institution. It had just the right number of callbacks to the original and it had Chris Pratt, so I liked it. The raptors were great, if a little campy. Overall, no it's not as good as the orignal but as long as you aren't directly comparing them I still think it's a good movie.

I'm certain I've seen Jurassic Park 3, but I have no memory of it.

#521 abneretta, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't big on Jurassic World. Nostalgia throwbacks are not what a good movie make. Like The Force Awakens it will never make anywhere close to the top ten, hell top 100, best action movies ever. Fun watch but never going to feel the need to go back and watch it or stop on it flipping channels.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How can you forget the one with William H Macy?

4. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I don't know, but I remember the one with Vince Vaughn.

Looks like someone is having a Jurassic Park marathon this weekend.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remember one of the most difficult decisions I've ever had to make. My parents dropped me off at the movies on June 7, 1997. I had to choose between seeing The Lost World for the third time or seeing Con Air for the first time. I think I went with The Lost World. Neither decision would really be bad.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    It's 5:30AM and 70 degrees. WTF?

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Oh Con Air, back when Nicolas Cage was cool. I miss that era. The Rock and Con Air were my favorites back in the day.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I love and hate Con Air. I love it because its entertaining as hell, I hate it because its so bad on paper. Its definitely worse than either Face Off or The Rock. Hes not a great actor, but Leaving Las Vegas is excellent as is Lord of War. And as much as I hate to admit it, National Treasure is good.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hold your tongue! Con Air easily trumps faceoff and in my mind more watchable than the rock.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I feel the exact opposite. Although Malkovich's Rube Goldberg death scene is one of the funniest things since Road Runner cartoons were popular.

I think no actor plays lost souls like Nic Cage. Sure he's done a lot of shit, but few actors deserved an Oscar more than he did for Leaving Las Vegas. And he was brilliant TWICE in Adaptation, playing identical twins you can instantly tell apart on screen.

11. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I almost mentioned Face/Off but it's been so long since I've watched that I think I remember it less than I just remember liking it.

I always had a crush on Nic Cage, maybe it was something about the way he said to put the bunny back in the box. I'm not sure.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The question is, why don't YOU have a stink bomb?

I have a box of bulk stink bombs in my home office. $12 for 72. Those fuckers SMELL!!!! I set them off under the couch all the time while my wife is watching tv so she thinks one of the dogs farted. I've done it like half a dozen times and she's yet to catch on. Last Halloween I bought a box and gave them out liberally to any kid who appeared old enough to properly use them to their full potential. They were very thankful. Don't know what happened but there's an entire neighborhood that had hell to pay from that.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The funniest thing I've seen with a stink bomb was when I worked at a bar/club and someone busted one on a Saturday night when we were packed to capacity. The girls near trampled each other to get out. The head manager said he'd seen clubs sabotage others doing it before. Underhandedness I could tip my hat to.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Clubs DO sabotage each other with those things, I knew a sleazebag club promoter who would use those self-inflating bombs on rival bar dance floors. I mean, they make everything within a fifty foot radius smell like moist anus so they ARE effective, but it was such childish bullshit pulling a stunt like that.

Nowadays there is "Liquid Ass" which is awfulness that no stink bomb can touch. Horrible stuff.

15. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I wish someone would set a stink bomb off here at work so I would have an excuse to get the hell out of here for a minute.

For a Friday this day sucks. I'm also getting my taxes done this evening so I think a stop at the liquor store might be necessary on my way home from work.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the boxed wine is going to your head. Hands down the *worst* line in the entire movie even with him talking in that ridiculous accent.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Liquid ass is a phenomenal creation. I squirted some on my old roommates clean laundry one time and he thought someone had diarrhea on his clothes but was unable to find any shit. The smell goes away on its own.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

This seems like a good stopping point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.