Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Eclipse WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Stolen from the previous WDT, thanks to Nett. That made my day. Feel free to share more. Crazy ass crackheads. She was handling that mop like a boss though.

Oh yeah and eclipse, eclipse, eclipse.....in prep I stopped at the liquor store last night and doubled up on my beverage of choice. After I get home tonight I'm not leaving my house until Tuesday. That's my plan.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

10 things you need to know about the eclipse:

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's nothing in that video that tells me who I should contact if it's cloudy / raining in my area. Dammit.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should obviously contact your local weather newsman and blame him. I'm sure someone will do it, why not you?

I guess in Minneapolis we're getting a 75% total eclipse, should be fun. Unless it gets clouded out, forecast says scattered thunderstorms, hopefully its more pop up thunderstorms and not this shit we've been having lately thats just dreary and raining.

So its happening here at 11:43am, good timing. If its cloudy I will be pissed.

Back onto manscaping, I purchased the products, and I am going to attempt to get rid of the Hoff (collarbone chest hair that sticks out from beneath a polo). I'm sure I'll fuck it up and I'm sure it'll hurt. Sounds interesting.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Today is a good day, the end of a great week, so I'm celebrating with some nice, relaxing cooking and drinking.

Nice bottle of red is in the decanter...
    Just made the Bearnaise reduction for the forthcoming Bearnaise sauce...
    To go with the sous-vide 4" beef tenderloin...
    And lobster tails...
    And small potatoes, baked garlic, and stuffed mushroom caps...
    Finished with a nice blueberry creme brule.

I plan to pass out due to the rich food and excellent wine... so yeah, perfect Friday night plans.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Genuine, non-sarcastic question, does a decanter help or is it a nice piece to have around?

I will admit I have an aversion to wine (long story) but I do think its an interesting beverage

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Decanting, in this particular case, does two things... it helps the wine warm up to room temp (because I just pulled it out of the wine fridge and hate chilly red wine), and it helps it to "breathe". When you open a bottle of wine, especially red wine, it usually benefits greatly to being exposed to air. If you drink wine right after you uncork it, then let it sit around for an hour and taste it again, you'll find a big difference... it usually gets rid of that slightly bitter, almost vinegary taste, and it mellows right out. You can also blend it for a couple of minutes with an immersion blender right after you uncork it and get the same result. (Purists will be shocked, but it does a great job). A decanter usually just exposes more surface area to air than a glass or bottle would (which is why it has such a wide base to them, usually), which helps with that process of oxidation.

For older wines, there may be some sediment in the bottle that you need to remove, so usually this is done by pouring slowly from the bottle into a decanter, sometimes with a candle under it so you can see, and you basically stop pouring when the wine becomes sediment laden. Or you can use cheesecloth. Or a coffee filter. Depends on the setting and mood and what you want to do.

On a good night of drinking, I'll usually have 2-3 bottles already in decanters getting ready for later.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dam wall came out of nowhere. Next time, he'd be better off taking an AR to that SOB

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That looks exactly like something that would happen to me actually.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's funny because it's true.

But I think you'd be weilding a machette or axe.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

What about for those of us who drink wine on the.... more financially conservative end? I'm in the $10 and under club, what I buy is usually $5-8 a bottle. Do you still see a benefit to wine in that range or is it kinda like putting a leotard on a cow patty?

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Experiment time:

1. open bottle
    2. pour two glasses
    3. drink one
    4. wait 45 minutes
    5. drink remaining glass

If you managed to wait and noticed a difference in the taste, then it is worth it.

If not, then not.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found the opposite to be true, experimenting like Nett said. I found that running it through the Venturi tube (also, the khhhhhhhhhhh sound makes your wine snob friends look at you funny) makes a $9 bottle of wine taste more like a $15 bottle. But, noticed no difference on a $30 bottle. ymmv

17. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you buy wine in that range like I do, dump the bottle in a blender and let it eat, does wonders.

I've never tried an immersion blender, the overwhelming majority of people can't tell between a $10 bottle or a $80 bottle.

People buy wine because they like the label, if you want good wine for reasonable prices buy boxed wine from Black Box.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I found it really depended on the wine... and some wines had a sweet spot, where they went off if you let them breathe too much. ("I have to drink that bottle of wine faster? Oh... OK!")

19. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an imagine in my head of someone trying to chop a moth with a long handle axe and the axe landing square on the roof of the car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.