Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2015 Thanksgiving WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Talk about earning your red wings.

2. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like that'd just de-glove his cock.

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Huh.

I guess there is something worse than canned cranberry sauce.

4. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

7. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone here got tips for acquiring a goose for cooking and how to cook that thing? Hoping to do it in addition to the regular turkey this year.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most large grocery stores and WalMarts sell frozen geese this time of year; I made a goose for Christmas about 5 years ago. Just beware that it's a lot more expensive than turkey.

EDIT: About the cooking: I followed a bad recipe, and it didn't come out that good.

If I do it again, I'd recommend marinating it in a light soy-sauce/salt-water mixture for a day or so, and then bake it as you would a turkey in a large covered pot. Stuff with your choice of stuffing/vegetables/etc.

9. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Jesus.

Just imagine how good he would've been if he wasn't drunk all the time.

1961 Home Run Derby: Mickey Mantle vs. Willie Mays. Mickey is obviously not sober. He still wins.

And looks cool doing it.

11. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]
    That's what I'm going with. Nice!

12. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's everyone here's opinion on sweet potatoes? I usually make a spiced mashed sweet potato sort of sweet dish covered with pecan bits and was wondering about people's opinions of them, as I've met a lot of people who flat-out hate them. I must admit, a sweet potato pie doesn't seem as tasty to me as a pumpkin pie.

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. It's the second time I'm doing it and I'm excited - I think it's really fun. I made the best gatdamn turkey ever last time, so I'm hoping this one will live up to it. Then I'm making bread or biscuits, scalloped potatoes, and maybe some kind of vegetable dish (a friend is bringing veggies too, though). I am also playing around with the idea of doing something with the liver for an appetizer but I'm not committed to it yet. My dad's making the stuffing since he makes the best stuffing, but I'm a bit sad it won't be cooked in the bird. I might get a box of stuffing like a lazy person and shove it in there too just to have a little bit of that bird juice stuffing deliciousness. His lady friend is bringing the cranberry sauce, which is kind of lame because that's the easiest dish ever and not exactly helping to lighten my prep plate, but whatevs. I'm also going to be making a bourbon cider cocktail that I'm obsessed with. I'm stuck on dessert. I really don't want to make a pie because I don't feel like making crust when I'm already baking bread, but a non-pie Thanksgiving dessert hasn't dawned on me yet and the one article I clicked on about "5 Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren't Pie!!!!" started with beet cake...as in cake made out of beets...so I clicked right out of that terrorist organization's website.

That'll be on Friday, since my dad and his ladyfriend had already committed to plans before I brought up the idea of me hosting it. The day of it looks like I'm going to my previous boss' house and getting drunk with her British family-in-law. I'm also trying to find somewhere to volunteer earlier in the day but, as with everything in NYC, volunteering is competitive and I can't seem to find anywhere that's still looking for people to help. Shrug.

I am still waiting for 1-3 people to give me a solid RSVP. I feel like at this point I can safely assume it's a no, but I know as soon as I buy my turkey I'm going to hear from all three of them that they're coming after all. One person hasn't even responded to the "do you know if you're coming yet" text reminder I sent out last week. Lameo.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I make waffles with sweet potatoes that taste awesome, and make sweet potato chips baked with sea salt that taste like sex. However when it comes to the traditional meal serving of sweet polities I'm not personally a fan. But I dislike a number of Thanksgiving dishes: Ham (sorry but no), beets (fucking gross), Brussel sprouts, asparagus, cranberries, and of course yams.

I grab Turkey, stuffing, carrots and potatoes and I'm good.

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So here's an easy turkey day dessert that's not pie, but is still fall themed.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/12409/apple-crisp-ii/

Super easy apple crisp. Double the topping amounts, and go 1.5-2 x the butter in the topping. Also, use more than one kind of apple. Personally go with Granny Smith, Pink Lady and Fuji. You get a nice mix of apple flavors that way.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loathe baked sweet potato with the hate of a thousand devils. It reminds me of Easter and New Year when I had to choke down dried out baked ham (which also sucks assholes) and sweet potatoes. I seriously didn't touch those things for a solid decade. Now days they get thrown into my hashes on occasion. Sweet potato chips and fries are good. Also throw it into crust dough when I do chicken pot pie. Really smoothes out the texture. They however suck as latkes.

Sweet potato casserole is disgusting. People don't know what to do with them because they're so terrible, which is why someone had to throw a bag of marshmallows over them to kill the taste. It didn't work.

Now. Will someone do me a favor and tell me whether this is a girl or a guy. Because it is fucking my eyes.

[​IMG]

Whatever it is, it probably eats sweet potatoes.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Right! Because Dhalism from Street Fighter II was into Yoga and he was Indian so that makes this racist. Hang them from the copper evetroughs of Parliament with their fucking balls in their mouths, the animals. Exercise is for the Klan.

This is the same city that lets you smoke weed on our Capitol building's property on April 20th. I can't wait until EVERYTHING is offensive and the Demolition Man speech ATM's hit the street.

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I got a text today from my cousin inviting me to come over to her house and watch the Vikes-Packers game tomorrow as a couple of my other cousins are in town. I'm a bit hesitant because I don't know how much my relatives follow football; I don't like watching with casual fans and have to explain basic things to them. I'm at least fairly certain they're all Vikings fans and not traitor Packer backers. I'll probably go because if nothing else I don't get to see them that often.

20. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, yams and sweet potatoes are the same species, and different cultivars, so makes sense you dislike them both for Thanksgiving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.