Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2015 NFL Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well that would be my business and I certainly wouldn't appreciate him meddling in my affairs.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The entire ESPN reporting in regards to the specific investigation is no new news is my point. The only stuff that is really new in that article is the owners feelings about Goodell over the course of time a few additional Robert Kraft comments and a ton of unnamed sources. The only new stuff in there are the quotes from the teams that lost to the Patriots sounding very butthurt, saying "We would have won if it wasn't for those Patriots who are just the sneakiest, cheatiest rascals in the NFL! I have no evidence of their cheating, but everyone else says they're cheating and there is no way they would have beat us otherwise!"

Also, your argument is difficult to have, because all of this is assuming that no one else is cheating or up to 2007 wasn't doing anything like this. There have been many articles, including this one, that teams going back to the infallible Lombardi are always trying to steal signals. Would anyone have been tipped off if they were losing? Would the conversation be the same if the Raiders have been doing this shit for the last 15 years? What about the Jaguars? No, I do not support cheating when everyone else is playing fairly. But as the whole Tour de France fiasco has taught us, and constant PED busts have taught us, very few people are playing fairly.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, fine. It was news to me, though. I thought there was one incident, like the wiki thing stated.

Maybe we're talking about different reports. I was talking about this one: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart
    where
    I know there have been a bunch of fans of other teams acting all butthurt, but none of the quotes I read in that report sounded that way to me. But, then I'm not a Patriots homer. I realize I'm in the minority, but it's a sad state when a cheater's best defense is that "well everybody else was cheating, too!"

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It brings me great pleasure to say we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.