Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2015 NFL Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Will Smith has no interest in making good films anymore, or with a few exceptions, ever again.

That movie looks like pure garbage.

2. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Goodell is probably on suicide watch. Good, fuck that prick.

At the end of the day, Im just glad something good finally happened to Tom Brady. He was overdue for some good fortune in his life.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm currently waiting for people to finalize fresh memes before I come in here and be a complete and total asshole.

6. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thing about this is that it had nothing to do with whether or not the judge thought Tom Brady did anything wrong. It's all about how shitty the investigation was handled. And what a shitty piece of shit Goodell is.

7. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think my favorite part is how the judge used quotes around "independent" whenever referring to the Wells report

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For damn good reason. The whole thing was bullshit. From the Colts all the way to Gooddell. I can't wait to see the official league response from all of this. It has been absolutely ludicrous.

9. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, just to be clear: ESPN suspended and then terminated their relationship with Bill Simmons because he had the nerve to say Roger Goodell is a liar. And, now, ESPN writes a huge story calling Roger Goodell a, um, cover upperer? Fact hider? Collusion artist? Failure?

You know, Congress called MLB on the carpet back during all the steroid stuff, because they enjoy the anti-trust exemption and Congress felt MLB was thumbing their noses at them. I will be stunned if there isn't a Congressional hearing to follow as this story continues to unfold. The most popular sport with billions of dollars heading into the season re-election where Congress people get to talk about sports, get on camera, AND act all high and mighty? Gee, I wonder.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If anyone is wondering "Holy hell, what is Parker going to say about all of this." Let me direct you here.

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The main difference being that this is a detailed, thoroughly investigated piece of journalism done for ESPN Magazine and Simmons was mostly just speculating and cocking off on Twitter and during tangentially-related stories.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There's also the fact that there is a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff that nobody knows about and that was just what they pinned it on.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Mike Martz was shocked at how the Patriots seemed to know all their red zone plays in the Superbowl, despite the fact that the Rams only got into the red zone once, and ended up scoring. Yeah, I'm gonna stick with "your team lost because they got outplayed."

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, is the popular position going around here, that it's okay the Patriots cheated, because they would've won anyway?

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

No? I mean Spygate happened almost 10 years ago and the Patriots were docked a 1st round pick and - if I recall - a big fine for Belichick. So what more should be done at this point? Wins vacated? A suspension/ban for Belichick?

Personally I just can't muster any sort of anger or outrage over this 8 years after the fact. They broke the rules, they were punished for it, so let's move the fuck on.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

The intro to The League season opener was fucking hilarious.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Per the always reliable wiki:
    They were punished for unauthorized videotaping of one game. Did you read the report? Because the allegations are a lot more than that. Bending the rules to catch some signals on tape is lot different than having someone go in the opposing team's locker room during warmups to steal the first 20 play sheet, or rummaging through hotel trash to tips, or the Commissioner being complicit in destroying evidence that showed a lot more taping than that.

I am neither angry nor outraged. I'm not even surprised. It just seems - imho only - that taking the position to give people a pass for cheating, if they were going to win anyway, is a dangerous standard.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not just a big fine, the Patriots were hit with the highest and harshest punishment levied on a team and coach to date. Like the max.

Rush, I don't know what you really want to happen, the justice bringer brought the justice he was going to bring. Nothing else can happen. Who knows if they would have won or otherwise? You can't retroactively go back and do stuff because a bunch of other butthurt teams now want to retroactively say that the only way they could have lost is that the other team knew all their plays.

PRE-SEASON IS OVER BITCHES!

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't want anything to happen to the Patriots. I could care less. But, your statement right there. So, are you saying it's okay to cheat, if you were already better than your opponent? Or, are you saying, they didn't really cheat? Because, the report wasn't put out by a "bunch of butthurt teams." It was an investigation by ESPN.

Barry Bonds was already one of the best hitters in the game, what difference does it make if he used steroids?

The top salesman in your company, is already the top salesman. He's got a great sales pitch game, and he works extra time, what difference does it make if he sneaks into your office after hours and throws away a couple leads somebody left on your desk? What difference does it make if he is telling clients that you've been known to show up drunk to work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.