Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2014 Emmies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

it's a bit late, but oh well...

breaking bad seemed to have their swan song, and hbo seems to be getting some serious competition in an arena that they used to dominate.

focus:discuss the emmies.

alt-focus:discuss award shows in general.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

tv these days is so stupid. its just dumb. back in my day, quality tv like the lawrence welk show and all in the family was on, made with real talent. all popular shit these days like breaking bad and true detective is just computers, just made popular by pretty people who are famous for being good looking and having no talent. kids these days have no idea.

3. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

one of the trends i like with these award shows is the fun they have with it.

once again i'm contemplating watching american horror story. i'm not a fan of horror, but i do like a good unique story and that was the only thing that kept me going through penny dreadful.

also veep - but i guess i have to wait until i get another free trial of hbo. that was how i watched true detectives and silicon valley.

my favorite bit of the night was the dollar trivia running through the streets thing. i laughed so hard i had to turn on the ceiling fan because i got all het up.